It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 dead after Virginia State Police helicopter crashes near Charlottesville

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Two people were killed after a Virginia State Police helicopter crashed Saturday afternoon near Charlottesville, according to WJLA.

The crash happened around 5 p.m. in a wooded area on Old Farm Road, The Daily Progress reports.

Neighbors say the helicopter hovered low before landing in the woods.

2 dead after Virginia State Police helicopter crashes near Charlottesville

The hits keep coming. This is typically a very quite region of Virginia, and very welcoming to outsiders.

Our hospitality was abused and our community trashed.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Oh man, how awful!
Same police who were there because of the protests just doing their jobs.
R.I.P.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
They should hold each and every one of those protestors liable and prosecute them. R.I.P. No reason the innocent have to suffer because of these fools.

edit on 12-8-2017 by Diabolical1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
You think the copter was mechanically sabotaged before it left Charlottesville?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I highly doubt it.

They are still investigating the cause, but eye witnesses said it was hovering low before the crash.

I live about two hours away, the state Police regularly bring the helicopter to areas as needed.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I do not believe in coincidences, and that includes this crash. I do believe a lot of the counter protesters were brought in. Upon watching from beginning to the ugly end of the street part, I see people with "love" on their teeshirts pepper spraying strangers. If that's love, I'll pass, thank you.

Everybody I know from Virginia is quite polite, so I can't help but think this disaster had an evil hand to help it along.

According to breaking news, the idiot who drove the car was an Anti-Trump open borders crazy from Michigan.
edit on 12-8-2017 by FissionSurplus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Prayers for all injured today, and lives lost.
link

edit on 12-8-2017 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

I think the helicopter was probably an accident.

And you're right about Virginians, they're polite and welcoming. I've lived here for about ten years, and this region of Virginia especially is nestled in the mountains and have calm inviting communities.

The place I live is always a flip county, so the political divide is equal down the middle. But these are our neighbors, we eat dinner with each other and speak on issues civilly.

And say what you will about UVA, they are left leaning for sure, but they're smart kids. Most of them are gone for the summer so I'm sure very few were involved today, and if they were I'd bet they weren't part of the violence. They wouldn't want to risk anything and this is a no nonsense area, you can't just go act an ass and nothing happen.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: FissionSurplus

According to breaking news, the idiot who drove the car was an Anti-Trump open borders crazy from Michigan.

According to breaking news from where??

What source is saying that??

Got a link??

Have you seen this???
everipedia.org...

edit on 12-8-2017 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: FissionSurplus

According to breaking news from where??

What source is saying that??

Got a link??

It's 4chan.

4chan was saying it.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

4chan huh??

Well that about sums it up right there. Not exactly what I would classify as Breaking "News".

link   
a reply to: mOjOm

If I had to take a guess I'd go with the car was stolen.

link   
Wow

What a complete goat-rope.
I expect more than a few senior officials of the State and local police are going to be without jobs after this weekend.

Every time I've checked ATS today some new catastrophe is going on around this protest.

Ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Maybe but why couldn't it just be the person who owns it??

It looks like him in the picture even.

Nothing is reported about the car being stolen either.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Well it wasn't supposed to be like this. I'm sure they'll all get a talking to, but this shouldn't have happened.

The alt-right had a few posts on some fringe websites saying get all your pals and go to Charlottesville. The opposing side picked up on it and did the same. But they used channels many of us didn't know about.

The whole area is surprised by this, again as I've said earlier we don't have things like this happen here. Protests are peaceful because it's typically locals if there are any.

This was just a battleground for two movements not in the area.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Maybe but why couldn't it just be the person who owns it??

It looks like him in the picture even.

Nothing is reported about the car being stolen either.

Very little has been reported on the driver, I did see a picture of the man arrested earlier. He looked blonde.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Did you check that link???

everipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I didn't read the bottom the first time. I'll be curious if that's truly the case though. It would make more sense than a driver using their own car to commit a crime in an area filled with people taking video.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Except there is no reason to think the car was stolen. There are no reports of that by anyone saying such a thing. No report about the owner of the car saying it was stolen. Plus they already have him in custody and I would think they would mention that. Or the real owner would be like "Hey, that's my car that was just stolen." which would be all over social media by now.

Besides, apparently the police are saying they don't think it was malicious. That he was just scared.

But of course not. A young white college kid in a polo shirt and nice car hits some protestors. Must have been by accident right???

Except he sped down the street for about 100 feet first before hitting people who then started to mob the car. No reason to be scared when you're still way up the street and nobody is around you. But of course the cops figure this nice white boy couldn't have meant any wrong.

I don't buy that sh*t at all. But I'm sure he knew if that was his story he'd be ok. Although he may not have thought someone would actually die though. That might make it more difficult for him.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Well the whole situation is bizarre, we're all trying to get the pieces to this story.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join