It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlottesville VA Stuck Hosting (Arguably) Largest Hate Rally In Decades

page: 60
<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Wow he went full Bill Maher.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Enigma Publius
I just want to reach out to anyone affected by this or close to it. Please people stay at a civil level with your neighbors, the people that so many of you are polarizing against are not your enemy, whatever side you are on left or right, when you behave as BOTH sides did today everyone loses. This is tragic, I don't know what the root cause is the list is huge it this is a symptoms of an ILLNESS. It's here on the forums, it's in your schools and on your streets. If you want to not be demonized by those whose opinions are radically different than yours and actually help your cause then act like you know what empathy is, practice it! I am embarrassed and saddened at the way both sides are behaving.

I agree.

We are heading for trouble the likes of which we haven't seen since the 1860s.

It will split up families and bring a whole lot of sorrow. You cannot imagine cruelty like former countrymen can inflict on one another.

I think you're falling for the sensationalism a bit. There are very few people on the extreme ends of the spectrum these days, left or right. Comparing it to the Antebellum period is far fetched. People here have it too good to start an actual Civil War.

By the way, your pic is #in creepy.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Any livefeeds now that it is dark in VA.

link   
a reply to: face23785

I call it "full retard"

You call it "full Bill Maher"

But hey, whatever tickles your panties sweetheart...

link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy
Speaking of agendas.

They had a permit.

Where were the cops?

Why did it get so out of control?

Haven't we seen this scenario before in baltimore and berkeley and during the campaigns last year?

The police failed, badly. There was violence following the tiki-torch rally last night and I've heard reports that a full 30 minute riot/fight broke out between Antifa and White Nationalists before the police showed up today. Then the car rammed the crowd. It sounded like complete chaos.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

I just want to reach out to anyone affected by this or close to it. Please people stay at a civil level with your neighbors, the people that so many of you are polarizing against are not your enemy, whatever side you are on left or right, when you behave as BOTH sides did today everyone loses. This is tragic, I don't know what the root cause is the list is huge it this is a symptoms of an ILLNESS. It's here on the forums, it's in your schools and on your streets. If you want to not be demonized by those whose opinions are radically different than yours and actually help your cause then act like you know what empathy is, practice it! I am embarrassed and saddened at the way both sides are behaving.

I agree.

It will split up families and bring a whole lot of sorrow. You cannot imagine cruelty like former countrymen can inflict on one another.

I think you're falling for the sensationalism a bit. There are very few people on the extreme ends of the spectrum these days, left or right. Comparing it to the Antebellum period is far fetched. People here have it too good to start an actual Civil War.

I don't think we'll have a civil war, but I could always be wrong. It does look like we are returning to the age of brownshirts with regard to AntiFa, however.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: links234
I heard that the nazis, whatever you want to call them attacked some of the local clergy who were out to make a statement also..
and.... there were also counter protesters there that got maced also??

matter of fact, there seemed to be alot of those torches being swung at people last night in some of the videos either.

at best, I can only deduce there was violence on both sides...

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Witness account...

Witness Chris Mahony said he and a friend, who shot one of the videos, were walking down the street when he saw the gray car on the other side of the street.

“It just sat there, looking down the road,” he said. “I thought that’s a bit strange. There didn’t seem to be any other cars stopping him from going. And then a couple moments we heard a car going incredibly fast down the road and then it plowed into the crowd.”

Fox 8 Cleveland

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: face23785

I agree.

I don't think we'll have a civil war, but I could always be wrong. It does look like we are returning to the age of brownshirts with regard to AntiFa, however.

They are Nazis, but fortunately they're few in number. The problem with them is the leftist elites enabling them and encouraging them. That's the difference. There's scum on both sides, but the scum on the far right aren't embraced by mainstream Republicans.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: HappyFisherman
Any livefeeds now that it is dark in VA.

They may be under curfew, so it may not get crazy tonight.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

See, I thought the same thing, except in regards to the White Nationalists today instead. NAZI flags, armed militia members, late-night torch rallies, Hitler quotes...

Yeah, Antifa, totally the brownshirts today...

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

They are inching there way in though. The libs have the youth by the nature of idealism. That is a not unusual, however until this last elections republicans have never given them a voice. I think they feel emboldened now for what ever reason.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I am wondering how many people were thinking that in the days of John Brown?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Republicans today haven't given them a voice, that's propaganda. Meanwhile in reality, the President and Congressmen, party leaders denounce them.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I disagree. I think breitbart certainly does. People like milo hide behind the constitution.

Trump did good today, still didn't here anything about the white nationalists but hey Obama never mentioned blm either.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I thought I had made it clear in my post. The chant was in the Facebook video. I tried to find a way to copy the link but couldn't so I directed people where to go to see it. The chant is not in the YouTube video, but the Nazi salutes certainly are. I posted that to show the mindset of the people that we are dealing with. Anyone that can so cavalierly give a Nazi salute, will absolutely speak disparagingly of Jews.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I was referring to the Dallas shooting.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: ketsuko

I was referring to the Dallas shooting.
There was a movie with Kurt Russel about this have you seen it?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Milo and Breitbart are party leaders?

top topics

<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join