It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlottesville VA Stuck Hosting (Arguably) Largest Hate Rally In Decades

page: 61
<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Oh my. Seriously. Steve Banon

Breitbart is pretty much rt now.
edit on 12-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

and to the DNC convention. They invited the same people who were working to shut down every Trump rally. Oh, and inviting the Pulse shooters Dad to a Hillary rally. That was a gem! So much hate for a platform that promotes equality.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

They should have the right to speak, but we have the right to protest what they say. Nazis will never go unanswered in this country. We fought a war and lost hundreds of thousands of people to drive them back into the gutters from which they crawled. That loss cannot be in vain. There will be no greater tragedy than if Nazism is allowed to take hold in America.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Bannon isn't an elected official. Not to mention reporting about him has been heavily sensationalized. He's categorically denounced racism and Antisemitism.

The point is, party leaders, even those like Ted Cruz whom a lot of leftists consider to be "far" right, are condemning this. Saying they give it a voice is false. Period.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: HappyFisherman

originally posted by: luthier

I was referring to the Dallas shooting.
There was a movie with Kurt Russel about this have you seen it?
ETA: my bad I was thinking of the tower shooting. Which is quietly omitted off Wikipedia Kurt Russel
The movie in question called the deadly Tower.
The Deadly Tower And even on IMDB it's seem corrupted and not accurate.

But again wikipedia has this page?

Conspiracy?
edit on 12-8-2017 by HappyFisherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I am finding it hard to feel any sympathy for those that have been hurt at the rallies. Either side.

I am disgusted by the supremacists hijacking the monument as their issue.

I am disgusted at the the anti whatever protesters for deciding to confront them on this issue giving them more attention than they should get.

I think they are all idiots that stupidly put themselves in harms way over a monument they know nothing about.

I wish historians were given a platform to lecture those fools on who that monument was about so they would all shut up hang their heads in shame and leave the city so the people could get back to their lives.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Vdogg

What if ... Nazis held a rally and no one paid attention?

That's how it used to be. They were quite rightly marginalized and no one paid any attention. They held their pitiful marches and went home and were largely ignored and regarded with contempt.

Now everyone thinks they're a hero for provoking violence and think it proves something.
edit on 12-8-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Just checking. I also agree that Nazism has no place in our society. However, mine, nor your opinion on that matters. What does is that free speech is upheld. Protest, counter protests, counter-counter protests (is this a thing?) are excellent ways of redressing whatever grievance one group may have with another.

What was on display was some sort of twilight zone rerun. Government action gets protested < protesters who included nazis and supremacists(IRRC) < protesters of white supremacy

The latter two, using Nazi/authoritarian tactics and the last group in line with the government, or perhaps the gov't in line with the last group. Jury is still out on that in my perception.

Main idea being, if free speech was upheld universally, this whole petulant tirade could have been avoided and 5 people would be home with their families.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

It wasn't exactly a vacuum. Breitbart didn't do any favors.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

What if ... Nazis held a rally and no one paid attention?

That's how it used to be. They were quite rightly marginalized and no one paid any attention. They held their pitiful marches and went home and were largely ignored and regarded with contempt.

Now everyone thinks they're a hero for provoking violence and think it proves something.

Exactly. Instead of showing up on the same day and causing trouble, have your own rally the next day or the next weekend focused on rejecting them and make sure it's a lot bigger. That sends a much bigger signal than the chaos of today.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Mother of suspect speaks

A woman who identified herself as the mother of the man accused of driving his car into a crowd of peaceful protesters says he told her he was going to the rally.

Samantha Bloom, of Ohio, confirmed details about her son's car and his trip to Virginia, saying she received a text from him last week that said he'd gotten some time off from work and was going to a rally.

She said her son hadn't given her any details about the rally but that she told him "to be careful" and to peaceful.

Bloom became visibly upset as she learned that dozens of people were injured during a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville.

Bloom said she and Fields had just relocated to the Toledo area from Florence, Kentucky, a Cincinnati, Ohio, suburb

source

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Your delusional man. Breitbart was a part of the Trump surge. Trump played with fire to get as many votes as needed. The idiots who think this stuff just watch the worst of the worst on those shows and think hey that must be the president's view..

Maybe they do it for ratings but the idiots don't know that and they associate the president with their views.

Same with blm bull crap. Those are extra voters and it's down to the wire.

I am.glad to hear the words though from the president and Congress.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Yeah, it was such a peaceful protest that AFTER the accident this happened....

www.liveleak.com...

and why do we see his brake lights if he was speeding into a crowd?

twitter.com...

in NONE of the videos posted do I hear a engine wailing and a pedal floored.

Again, I am NOT defending this person but there is just more here than it seems....

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Since you can't refute anything I said, I'll just say even if I conceded your point, none of this changes the fact that the far right fringes aren't embraced by mainstream Republicans. Are you contending Trump and Bannon are mainstream Republicans? Who's delusional?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Was he beeping? And did he hit the brakes in the video or just that screen grab going around?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I actually said they were inching their way in I never said what your implying.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

And what's your evidence of this? The fact that mainstream Republicans soundly reject it?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
James Alex Fields Jr.
Booking Photo

Charged with second degree murder.

Nope !!..charge this POS with first degree murder, if his lawyer is any good he may get 2nd.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Today? how much rejection do you have prior to the election day?

We disagree it OK man calm down. I don't think mainstream republicans welcome them and never said that.

However they are now showing up at regular republican events. They were not always at republican events.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

From what I am reading he hit the cars we see he hit and the protesters had just came around the corner and bam!
Again, if this was a deliberate act fry him but there are bits and pieces that seem to not add up.

new topics

top topics

<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join