It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlottesville VA Stuck Hosting (Arguably) Largest Hate Rally In Decades

page: 59
<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Shamrock6

Nah, it's more the toting of Nazi flags and the shouting of things like "blood and soil."

AND ?

Them so called 'nazi's'.

Them so called 'white supremacists'

Hijacked that symbol from someone else.

But you go on ahead pretending that didn't color the rally at all.

I don't ignore the elephant in the room. The party of the donkey trying to erase history they don't like.

Hare short of acting like ISIS and the Taliban over in the middle east blowing up statues they don't like.

Yes, yes you do ignore the elephant in the room. Unless it's easily attributable to somebody on the left, anyway.

But if it makes you feel better, I'm happy to agree that a bunch of racists hijacked the Lee statue issue to push their agenda.

You can carry on with the damage control though. I know you have a job to do.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: magnetik
alt-right, white nationalist and racist are and have always been cowards. wont even take credit for their evil work. the kkk wore hoods and now they hide behind computers. too many white allies agree. i met these punks and berkeley in april and knock oned of the nazi saluters out. most of them are lonely scared boys that dont know how to treat a women nevertheless another human being. keep making excuses. nazi punks must die. your either on the side of good or evil. its way past obvious who the evil xenophobe is

So you just outed yourself as a Beta because you managed to beat up a LARPer. Congrats. Holy # the internet tough guy routine is real folks.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
To those who think the statue of Robert E. Lee should be removed I guess you would have preferred the Union armies had burned down Charlottesville like they did Lexington and Richmond ?

I don't even see how it's in our domain to remove such statues as they were paid for and erected by past generations - they aren't "ours" to do anything with.

To remove a statue of Lee to White Southerners is the equivalent of taking down a statue of MLK would be to Blacks.

He's held in high regard for very good reasons, most having nothing to do with the Civil War at all.

Let's take this to its next logical conclusion. We will have to remove Native American symbols because they too owned slaves even past Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation.

What I find most interesting is that Robert E. Lee was a gradual emancipationist who criticized slavery as an evil system, but had only vague hopes that it would eventually end.

How many Native Americans alive today are oppressed because of past slavery? Perhaps if they weren't driven to the edge of extinction and were never subjugated by invaders, that brand of slavery might have made a certain demographic live with a current socio-economic disadvantage. As it sits, that isn't the case.

So by all means, keep punching down. But the rest of us will be punching up.
edit on 12-8-2017 by Abysha because: "distinction", lol

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Yes, yes you do ignore the elephant in the room. Unless it's easily attributable to somebody on the left, anyway.

What problem is that ?

WHAT ?

Virginia.

A State that elected that pos McAuliffe(under investigation).

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

2 in the last 3 pages.

Sigh.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: joeraynor

They all belong in museums. Legal human slavery is a pox on mankind's history and should be remembered. Anyone who fought for slavery, who owned slaves, supported rape and pedophilia. The sub human theory is how people with a conscience excused themselves for owning slaves. Like the Founding Fathers.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: TheOneElectric
a reply to: Noncents

idk, but he's a registered republican

I omitted the rest of the info because it has his driver license id on it.

We will know more soon after a bit of social media diving.

Great you just proved that Gryphon66 in the other thread was right about certain members and that you crave the division.

Are you going to call out those on the right for craving the division as well?

I already did many times in fact. I just don't take the Alt-Right seriously that's all.

Oh ok. Sorry if I missed your posts to that effect here in this thread.

I experienced first hand what real Nazis are capable of and the Alt-Right is just a bunch of amateurs compared to them. I stated many times that i support free speech regardless of my feelings towards any group. They are completely irrelevant however when violence of any kind ensues they deserve what's coming for them.

Sorry that you had to go through that. I know that a bunch of alt-rightists are panties but I am sure there exist "real" Nazis as in them organizating to bring back Nazi Germany. Fringe elements are very dangerous and we all should be on the lookout for them. We don't want history to repeat itself.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Lol @ knocked out a Nazi..

We got some real badasses in here. Probably people that would crumble under real dire situations.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Because he would have been killed by the people in the street who were throwing things at his car yelling profanities before it happened.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

To those who think the statue of Robert E. Lee should be removed I guess you would have preferred the Union armies had burned down Charlottesville like they did Lexington and Richmond ?

I don't even see how it's in our domain to remove such statues as they were paid for and erected by past generations - they aren't "ours" to do anything with.

To remove a statue of Lee to White Southerners is the equivalent of taking down a statue of MLK would be to Blacks.

He's held in high regard for very good reasons, most having nothing to do with the Civil War at all.

Let's take this to its next logical conclusion. We will have to remove Native American symbols because they too owned slaves even past Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation.

What I find most interesting is that Robert E. Lee was a gradual emancipationist who criticized slavery as an evil system, but had only vague hopes that it would eventually end.

How many Native Americans alive today are oppressed because of past slavery? Perhaps if they weren't driven to the edge of extinction and were never subjugated by invaders, that brand of slavery might have made a certain demographic live with a current socio-economic disadvantage. As it sits, that isn't the case.

So by all means, keep punching down. But the rest of us will be punching up.

Who's punching? Only you.

You realize that not all Native American tribes were benevolent and peaceful, yes?
Many subjugated their own kind. Many sided with the British. Many didn't want peace with the 'white man' regardless of the concessions offered. Unfortunately this gave all tribes a bad name. This portion of history is not black and white, but if you feel so strongly about it you should do something about it. Maybe give them your piece of land?
edit on 12-8-2017 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

What makes it a White Supremacist rally?
Because it's the political right?

Maybe it's the cries of "Jews will not replace us!".

Fake news. Their rallying cry was "You will not replace us". You fell for propaganda again. How many times do you have to be proven wrong to realize that the MSM is just a bunch of liars who distribute disinformation to keep you all docile?

There is a Facebook post from WTKR news here in Virginia that recorded the chant. They CLEARLY say "Jews will not replace us". Having trouble linking to the post but you can find it on their Facebook page. Regardless, I believe the young men giving Nazi salutes in this video should make their intentions clear. You're defending the wrong people, Nazis have no place in this country.

youtu.be...

Go to 1:16 in the video.
edit on 12-8-2017 by Vdogg because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Vdogg

Do you think they shouldn't have a right to speak?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
James Alex Fields Jr.
Booking Photo

Charged with second degree murder.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Vdogg

Not being a dick here but I don't hear that chant? They're chanting "white lives matter" and I think I heard a "Sieg heil". Admittedly my hearing sucks.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: neo96

Nah, it's more the toting of Nazi flags and the shouting of things like "blood and soil."

AND ?

Them so called 'nazi's'.

Them so called 'white supremacists'

Hijacked that symbol from someone else.

But you go on ahead pretending that didn't color the rally at all.

I don't ignore the elephant in the room. The party of the donkey trying to erase history they don't like.

Hare short of acting like ISIS and the Taliban over in the middle east blowing up statues they don't like.

But if it makes you feel better, I'm happy to agree that a bunch of racists hijacked the Lee statue issue to push their agenda.

You can carry on with the damage control though. I know you have a job to do.

Speaking of agendas.

They had a permit.

Where were the cops?

Why did it get so out of control?

Haven't we seen this scenario before in baltimore and berkeley and during the campaigns last year?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: joeraynor

They all belong in museums. Legal human slavery is a pox on mankind's history and should be remembered. Anyone who fought for slavery, who owned slaves, supported rape and pedophilia. The sub human theory is how people with a conscience excused themselves for owning slaves. Like the Founding Fathers.

The issue of slavery was of course more complicated than this amongst the Founding Fathers, a significant percentage of whom didn't even own slaves. Considering your sig line, I would think you'd know this.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Let me guess they once again didn't plan security well even after all those dates you mentioned or they wanted it to happen.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I just want to reach out to anyone affected by this or close to it. Please people stay at a civil level with your neighbors, the people that so many of you are polarizing against are not your enemy, whatever side you are on left or right, when you behave as BOTH sides did today everyone loses. This is tragic, I don't know what the root cause is the list is huge it this is a symptoms of an ILLNESS. It's here on the forums, it's in your schools and on your streets. If you want to not be demonized by those whose opinions are radically different than yours and actually help your cause then act like you know what empathy is, practice it! I am embarrassed and saddened at the way both sides are behaving.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
The drums of war....

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enigma Publius
I just want to reach out to anyone affected by this or close to it. Please people stay at a civil level with your neighbors, the people that so many of you are polarizing against are not your enemy, whatever side you are on left or right, when you behave as BOTH sides did today everyone loses. This is tragic, I don't know what the root cause is the list is huge it this is a symptoms of an ILLNESS. It's here on the forums, it's in your schools and on your streets. If you want to not be demonized by those whose opinions are radically different than yours and actually help your cause then act like you know what empathy is, practice it! I am embarrassed and saddened at the way both sides are behaving.

I agree.

We are heading for trouble the likes of which we haven't seen since the 1860s.

It will split up families and bring a whole lot of sorrow. You cannot imagine cruelty like former countrymen can inflict on one another.

new topics

top topics

<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join