It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Writing Conference Canceled Because Of Too Many White People

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Exactly - whitey is awesome, and this is very intimidating to non-whiteys because although whitey can't run the fastest or jump the highest, we have other attributes that leave humans in awe - like how to Nagasaki and Hiroshima.

Don't anger whitey, lest he burn the earth in retribution.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
I"m going to skip the race issue you raise if you don't mind. The old old old idea of pointing something out by flipping the color around, black to white or white to black no longer serves a purpose other than to provide what ever justification for whichever bias one already holds.

What nonsense. Not only did you attempt to deflect from what it obviously a repugnant hypocrisy, you also have the gall to invent bias in the mere reporting of it where there isn't necessarily any at all. It is completely justifiable to be appalled at this sort of hypocritical behavior and let's just be sure and point out that there is no flipping of anything here. There is only typical hypocritical behavior from the usual suspects.

The only bias you should be able to notice is that it is right and proper to be so against those who behave in such a disgusting manner and they absolutely ought to be called on it.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
What a great thing to be white. The other races try to compete but can't quite measure up. Hating whites is like when people hate the new York yankees, people just get tired of seeing the same team win every year,

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

That's like saying "oh there's been enough music for now lets just close all the recording studios, people can just listen to the radio and go to flea markets and get whatever music they want, no need for more this year. "

Of all the things in the world that you could say are unnecessary you go and choose one of the most innocent things, a childrens' book. I think you can assert your effort in other places before asking for an end all childrens' book campaign.

Just wondering what you have against them, did you read many as a child Terry?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Subrosabelow

Well, your right of course. My focus became myopic while responding. I was making an inept attempt to suggest other avenues of looking at the issue apart from the obvious racist outburst it was engendering.
Thanks for the slap to the head.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: GusMcDangerthing

That is what I thought I was doing, calling out the repugnant hypocrisy. The article states clearly while almost hidden at the very end of the article '' but also because not enough people were going to attend. '' That alone. would be enough to cancel the conference yet the rest of the article focuses on the believed hypocrisy of the organizers.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

OMG - what will these poor white people do? So glad that white people have found their voice and not going to stand up anymore for writing conferences being canceled.

It's not like there are war drums beating, meager healthcare gains being destroyed or Trump, a president so obsessed with his predecessor that he's unable to hold a thought without Obama making a visit in his head.

Luckily, responding to a post or starting a thread only costs time. And, thank goodness for that. How else would tender-hearted white people sound the alarm for their compatriots?

edit on 12-8-2017 by icanteven because: sigh - typo

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

Anyone recall the HBO childrens series "Fairy Tales for Every Child" or something similar to that name? They took classic childrens stories from various white cultures and rewrote them, replacing whites with other ethnicities. None of them were done as whites. I'm always hearing that white people steal other peoples culture, but what about this? Wouldn't a better show use actual stories from their respective cultures?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Poofmander

I mentioned this in another reply, I became quite myopic in that response. I chose books in this case because it was a major part in the equation of the article. I was extrapolating another approach to interpreting the whole thing.

And sure I read books as a child, that is all there was in those days, books and, well, comics but those had to be hidden from my father.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
It's white males in general that are being oppressed these days. White males are about the only ones left that don't have affirmative action putting them to the front of the line for colleges, jobs and pretty much anything else. Also, White males don't have anyone to speak on their behalf, while women and black people are given a media platform to bash the white male today. The white male can't even defend himself or make counter statements without being called a racists or a woman hater. The problem is that it's allowed to happen to White men, because we don't complain. They say that the squeaky wheel gets the grease, and that's why we have feminists marches, gay pride parades, BLM marches, (several types of black people marches)...but there's no march or organization that help the white male. If white men were to march in the streets for their rights....the media would be all over it, calling it a KKK march or something. That's their "go to", every time white men do ANYTHING together...it always gets reduced to the KKK somehow.

Some white men even help their enemy (Male feminists), simply because ...either they are so afraid to be called racist, bigot, woman hater, Islamophobe (whatever the newest judgmental term is today) or because they are simply weak...and think this is the only way they can get women....is to cower to them and worship them. That's not for me. They are my enemies, but it has nothing to do with race or gender...it has everything to do with white men getting pushed to the back burner, and we're supposed to sit back, take it and smile...or be labelled as a woman hater or racist. Well, screw you...call me what you want, but I will no longer sit around and take this crap from these entitled Liberals who do nothing but use the system, and crush other people to get what they want...and then blame it on the very people they attack.

When they speak of white male privilege, they may be speaking of those in the White House, but damn sure not your average Joe...the white male can't even complain about all of these social attacks against them, because they are never given a platform to speak...and when they are, they are ridiculed and called names. This is what today's oppression really is, and I'll be glad when Trump removes this "Ace card" that women and black people get to use over, and over and over...while at the same time they blame white men for their misery, so that they can continue to use it more and more. Black people and women today have never been oppressed.
They have only been coddled like children....yet they want reparations (never even stating a monetary amount...just keep the free stuff coming. I guess) and they want the white man to pay for oppressing women, in a time in which NONE of us today even lived...so essentially they are getting "paid" from the suffering of others well in the past...that they didn't even know.
This is called being a spoiled brat. Hell, I don't even think women had it that bad historically...they just didn't like being trapped in the home. Many wish they were back there now. They don't mention the things that the average man did to please his wife or girl. Putting their jackets across mud puddles for women to cross, holding the doors open, pulling chairs out for them...these are the things I recall at least from the history that I have viewed. Today, women take offense when a man tries to be a gentleman.

In summation:

Black People = Affirmative Action, Government assistance programs (which are usually abused), BLM, NAACP. Even when Obama became President, black people got mad at him...simply because he didn't prioritize them over white people, like they expected him to...now THAT'S racism.
White males = Nothing

Women - Affirmative action, Breast Cancer awareness n a world-wide scale (nothing for prostate cancer awareness for men), Courts that help them in child support cases (men have to be monitored by the government, lose custody 90+% of the time, while women have absolutely NO responsibility to the courts at all, when there's a divorce... Women's right activists and feminists fight for them constantly while attacking the White male, they enjoy all kinds of educational and job assistance that men do not get to partake in)

Men - Nothing

So the whole world is being lied to, it's the white male that is truly being oppressed.

edit on 12-8-2017 by IlluminatiTechnician because: he felt like it.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
It's sad that a topic like this one can't be discussed without the White Power nazis coming out to whinge about how the white man is always the real victim in all of this.

Newsflash: White men don't need affirmative action because we already have it from our ensconced power structures.

It might not mean you or I have our fair share of that power, and that's where a lot of poor powerless white men feel very hard done by in this, but that doesn't mean white male power structures don't exist.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

That's pathetic.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork

That's pathetic.

I know.
I don't write so good...but I'm getting more better.
Sorry.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
It's sad that a topic like this one can't be discussed without the White Power nazis coming out to whinge about how the white man is always the real victim in all of this.

Newsflash: White men don't need affirmative action because we already have it from our ensconced power structures.

It might not mean you or I have our fair share of that power, and that's where a lot of poor powerless white men feel very hard done by in this, but that doesn't mean white male power structures don't exist.

This is EXACTLY what I was talking about. A white man speaks....and the first place you go to is that I'm a white Nazi. You obviously didn't read my entire post, because you actually proved my point.

As for this white power structure. Unless you're in the government or are a CEO of a business (which is the case for MOST white men)...it doesn't count. Black people have their own power structures you know? Obama, Oprah, Loretta Lynch, Jessie Jackson, any number of popular rappers or actors are wealthy and have strong power bases. Hell, even the United Nations had a black man running it for awhile, The list is pretty long. The average man doesn't have affirmative action to help them get jobs, go to colleges or to get raises while working those jobs.

Do you even know what Affirmative Action is? It's something put in place 'by the government' to assist those who have lain claim to the victim-hood of racial or gender pressures from history's past. What you're suggesting is that, simply because there are powerful white men in office....that the average white man...by default...get the first pick of everything. That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard, and very dismissive...just like all of those others that blame the white males and say that we have it all...when in reality, we have nothing. I don't care how much wealthy white men have, I am not one of them, and most white men are not either...so it doesn't apply.

edit on 12-8-2017 by IlluminatiTechnician because: he felt like it.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
That's not racism, that's selectivism! (Insert sarcastic laughter here)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Substracto
That's not racism, that's selectivism! (Insert sarcastic laughter here)

Yes, they prefer to "select" black people over white people..which is why they closed it down. Pretty much the definition of racism. And it's called "selectism", which is what Hitler did with the German's over the Jews...they actually selected which ones would live... and which ones would die.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The conference was cancelled because of too many white people, but it was not cancelled due to a racial conflict, but rather a medical one.
Dr. Todd G. Peterson of the Minnesota Department of Ubiquitous Health, had assessed that the ratio of Caucasian to adumbral speakers hadn't met with the recent findings that reflective light off of white objects for an extended period of time can relate to the damage of the sclera. Measuring the refractive power of the lens, doctors have shown the amount of diopters the retina is able to withstand without any damaging affects, and the numbers they came up with show the ethno-optic parameters being one in four or 1:4 ratio adumbral speakers to Caucasian speakers.
The conference was therefore cancelled because of too many white speakers, but only for the protection of the attendees eyes, and not because of any racial discontent.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Renob
The conference was cancelled because of too many white people, but it was not cancelled due to a racial conflict, but rather a medical one.
Dr. Todd G. Peterson of the Minnesota Department of Ubiquitous Health, had assessed that the ratio of Caucasian to adumbral speakers hadn't met with the recent findings that reflective light off of white objects for an extended period of time can relate to the damage of the sclera. Measuring the refractive power of the lens, doctors have shown the amount of diopters the retina is able to withstand without any damaging affects, and the numbers they came up with show the ethno-optic parameters being one in four or 1:4 ratio adumbral speakers to Caucasian speakers.
The conference was therefore cancelled because of too many white speakers, but only for the protection of the attendees eyes, and not because of any racial discontent.

Ok..that was actually FUNNY. LOL

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

Yes, I see it as a form of racism too, now, are you done with the victimisation thought process? I pitty you, but not in a good way. You write like those lonesome kids in school that were bullied by everyone, who's bullying you really? oh yeah, the world is bullying you, right?

What's with the Hitler selectism? he killed german jews too, it was an attempt at genocide. Who's killing white people these days for the same deliberate purpose? You are like an SJW on the other side of the spectrum to be honest. Muh white tears, if you are so passionate, you should go out there and protest too, become like an advocate for white equality, like a white Malcom X!

As someone wrote before, the people who complained should shup up, and the organizers should grow a spine. Enough with tears, muh tears.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Perhaps they didn't want to be called racist if they went through with the conference. I think all this is silly and will only lead people to act like racist. Darned if you do and darned if you don't nowadays it seems
edit on 8/12/2017 by DJMSN because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join