It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Writing Conference Canceled Because Of Too Many White People

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

So, their conference wasn't about what they claimed at all. If they truly wanted it to be about writing, they'd have moved forward with the authors who agreed to attend. That they made a point of inviting authors "of color", and cancelling when they didn't accept, shows the real goal was to promote even more anti-white racism.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: TonyS

Yes, I understand that. But I do not see it as a ''PC'' crowd. Basically it is the essence of the market place. You develop product to suit the various whims of the potential buyers. We all know by now that the balance of American demographic is changing. More and more children are being born that do not reflect the white demographic. As the white demographic has already been saturated as I pointed out, and kiddie books that reflect that demographic are on sale in flea markets for a nickel apiece, in order to continue the profit incentive of the book industry, it needs to look to a larger demographic for sales. And what demographic has been under developed? Children of color.

It's capitalism that rules and the book companies are looking for new and wider markets. Simple. If that's what you see as racism, then I guess that is your prerogative though I see it as only catering to the wishes of the emerging market place.

So, basically, you are saying that people want to change the demographics of the nation, eliminate white people, and promote books that don't include white people to children?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes
I said noting of the sort. I did not say that people want to change the demographics, I said the demographics are changing.
I never said people want to eliminate white people. I never said they want to promote books that don''t include white people.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: ketsuko
I don't doubt those statistics Ket. It may be that there is concern that certain actions are needed to bring a better balance, to foster more interest on the part of racially specific children. I find no fault with that other than I think it a fruitless endeavor by people who are still living with the social conceptions of a couple of decades ago. An old folk song I used to love had one line in it that goes, '' your heart is in the right place but head is up your ass''.

Im pretty much of a mind that getting excited about engeneering social and cultural change is as ineffective and futile as the whole Maga dream. Neither is going to work from what I see.

Using the example provided by Ketsuko, I think that's like saying we need to make black kids swim. Why don't we all just butt out of their business and let them do what they want? If they want to swim, they can. If they choose not to swim, they don't have to. This symptom of the left wing poking its nose into everyone's business is what causes the animosity.

I mean there's nothing wrong with a social initiative, funded by government. But what if that happens for every teeny, tiny little thing that all these SJW think requires attention? Costs too much and pisses everyone off. Its just easier and cheaper to butt out of people's business.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: GusMcDangerthing
Yeah, but I think that that is not a leftist problem, but rather a problem of all rulers, back to the kings and and all, every thing was theirs ,they could come and go and take what ever they wanted. I'ts systemic. Hell, one of the liberal chants from the sixties and seventies was 'quit poking your nose into everyones bed room. It was what business does any government have telling any of us where and how we can or can't do it.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

You've hit the nail on the head! Things have come so full circle that the left is exactly what it used to despise and the right are the 'alternatives'.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join