It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Writing Conference Canceled Because Of Too Many White People

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Substracto
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

Yes, I see it as a form of racism too, now, are you done with the victimisation thought process? I pitty you, but not in a good way. You write like those lonesome kids in school that were bullied by everyone, who's bullying you really? oh yeah, the world is bullying you, right?

What's with the Hitler selectism? he killed german jews too, it was an attempt at genocide. Who's killing white people these days for the same deliberate purpose? You are like an SJW on the other side of the spectrum to be honest. Muh white tears, if you are so passionate, you should go out there and protest too, become like an advocate for white equality, like a white Malcom X!

As someone wrote before, the people who complained should shup up, and the organizers should grow a spine. Enough with tears, muh tears.

Whatever man.

You want to know why most women hate Trump? Because he is in the process of getting rid of Affirmative Action. AS a divorced man who had to give all his crap over to a woman who did nothing...while she keeps all of her crap? He realizes how unfair this is to men everywhere, and he is above kissing their asses, because they are so frail and innocent. He knows that they are really wolves in sheep's clothing, who do everything they can to destroy men. It obviously hasn't happened to you yet, but just wait...she will get you eventually.

Yes, I went through a divorce too. My wife cheated on me...and then was able to clean me out financially in a divorce, take me for all my stuff, and got awarded the kids too. She won, even though I divorced her for cheating on me...it's reality for many men out there pal, and just because it hasn't happened to you (yet), I have a damn good reason for being pissed about that. She had no responsibility to the courts at all. I had to report to the District Attorney monthly to prove child support payments (which quite frankly too almost all I made), and couldn't even see my own kids without supervised visits...where SHE had to watch me around my own kids. Let me remind you, SHE cheated on me while I was away on a Military deployment, and I was the one that called the marriage quits. Out of vindictiveness she (and the courts that helped her simply because she was female).....burned me. So yeah, I take great offense, and will spend the rest of my life doing whatever I can to remove these Affirmative Action entitlements from everyone. SO now, I will never be done until Affirmative Action is finished, and I don't care one bit about your hair tossing, dismissive attitude.

As for all the other entitlements...everything I said can be verified as fact.You're just upset because I called you out for looking like an idiot and inventing words that don't exist. I look around at all the people getting mad pay simply because they are a certain color or gender...here's your answer...I HAVE ONLY GOTTEN STARTED, and your butt hurt opinion, or what you think of me, doesn't matter in the least...now go read a dictionary and you won't have to make up your own words like "selectivism"..."muh tears" and "shup up".
edit on 12-8-2017 by IlluminatiTechnician because: he felt like it.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

What butt hurt opinions? you are the one writting long tearful statements, life is hard, suck it up! You were in the military, then you know how to stand up to it. Be a fighter, not a victim, are you not a Man? then act like one!

Save those salty tears for your future fights, not online bickering.

And by the way, I did "invent" words, because I speak three languages, it can happen, I'm human after all. You are the only idiot I see here crying like a little sheep, I guess the woman who cheated on you was the real wolf. Toodles.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
So I guess the new thing here on out is, if we can't reach a forcibly politically correct goal then we just won't have anything at all. Wonderful times.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: GusMcDangerthing

That is what I thought I was doing, calling out the repugnant hypocrisy. The article states clearly while almost hidden at the very end of the article '' but also because not enough people were going to attend. '' That alone. would be enough to cancel the conference yet the rest of the article focuses on the believed hypocrisy of the organizers.

Fair enough, but I wondered if that was not only bullpuckey but if true might have been because roughly about, or just under half the population lean left and may also have noticed that the speakers weren't black. So many are probably now indoctrinated to see that as racist and steer clear of it, rather than just go along as planned and enjoy the seminars. By the number of attending speakers I though the attendances would be decent.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Have you looked at literacy statistics in those demographics?

Barnes & Noble launched a new story time initiative aimed at drawing in the Hispanic demographic and whites trying to be bilingual Centacuentos story time. It was pretty well mandatory in all stores to start. A year, later and it was only still occurring in one or two stores on the west coast. That's how well received it was.

There have also been studies that show that blacks don't as a rule value literacy in the household as much with fewer books and less tendency to read even in affluent households.

Given that there are a decent number of black authors, I think this is a cultural thing more than a lack of available literature written to a person's ethnic tastes.

And understand, this has nothing to do with ability to read and everything to do with cultural valuation on literacy.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
From Wikipedia..."A strategy of false moral equivalents" Whataboutism is now permanently in my lexicon. It seems that every thread on ATS is whataboutism these days... sigh.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Wow... anyone person who is saying this is racist YOU ARE RIDICULOUS. Go to a dictionary or better yet Google the definition of racist.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: GusMcDangerthing

a reply to: GusMcDangerthing

That is what I thought I was doing, calling out the repugnant hypocrisy. The article states clearly while almost hidden at the very end of the article '' but also because not enough people were going to attend. '' That alone. would be enough to cancel the conference yet the rest of the article focuses on the believed hypocrisy of the organizers.

Fair enough, but I wondered if that was not only bullpuckey but if true might have been because roughly about, or just under half the population lean left and may also have noticed that the speakers weren't black. So many are probably now indoctrinated to see that as racist and steer clear of it, rather than just go along as planned and enjoy the seminars. By the number of attending speakers I though the attendances would be decent.

As you point out, it may be, I don't know. Yours is a reasonable assumption and as possible as not. But does it really matter? That here we might have just one more example of the dysfunctions in our society? So many people seem intent on proving some absolute and simple explaination for all these problems, when as I see it it is all so complex that any simple answers we might arrive at a going to fall short of a fuller understanding. That's really all I was trying to point out, that the simple example of racism as spotlighted by the article was a simple mans understanding.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

The problem is that for a long time there really has been a push to make people think that if there are "X%" of ethnicity A and "Y%" of ethnicity B in overall society, then every facet of that society should naturally fall into that X%/Y% split. That is overly simplistic thinking that does not take into account cultural differences.

And factoring in cultural differences is not racism. Is it wrong to notice, for example, that far more white children spend time swimming than black children in a systematic way that would lead them into competition later on? Is it wrong to notice that far more black children spend more time playing basketball on the streets and in playgrounds than white kids? Those aren't racial difference so much as cultural. I know that because I grew up in a small town that took great pride in its basketball. We had white kids who grew up playing basketball as much as a lot of black kids in the cities.

Culture.

But there is that myth that if we can observe overall society in a bald percentage breakdown, then we must observe very tiny facet of it to have that same percentage breakdown or we are somehow failing and racist.

The only way to even approach that would be to obliterate all cultural differences of all kinds, but with multi-culti that will never happen.

So we are embracing/pushing conflicting ideals.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
I don't doubt those statistics Ket. It may be that there is concern that certain actions are needed to bring a better balance, to foster more interest on the part of racially specific children. I find no fault with that other than I think it a fruitless endeavor by people who are still living with the social conceptions of a couple of decades ago. An old folk song I used to love had one line in it that goes, '' your heart is in the right place but head is up your ass''.

Im pretty much of a mind that getting excited about engeneering social and cultural change is as ineffective and futile as the whole Maga dream. Neither is going to work from what I see.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Does writing with black ink on white paper count as racism? I need to know if I need crayons and construction paper. /sarc
I guarantee that the next time this event is held it will do better. There is no such thing as bad publicity. /truth
Wish everything nowadays wasn't alt-right or liberal left or racism this racism that. Can't we just get the hell along already. /wishfulthinking

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011

Affirmative action is good, but total color-blindness would be better.

Does this apply to the people of color who didn't attend because there were "too many white people"? Why is it we have to be colorblind but no one else does?

You have a point. Expecting people of color to be color blind in this country (the U.S.) would be like asking everyone with chronic pain to grin and bear it, and never make comment. If anyone here should be color blind, it should be white people. But that isn't realistic either. Awareness of history means awareness of race. If Americans were properly educated about their own history, it would make them much more uncomfortable about race, but at the same time, more sensitive. At least I hope it would.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Namdru

So basically, you are saying that everyone in the entire world should hold a universal and ongoing grudge against the Italians because of the hundreds of years long history of slavery and oppression perpetuated under the Roman Empire?

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

So basically, you are saying that everyone in the entire world should hold a universal and ongoing grudge against the Italians because of the hundreds of years long history of slavery and oppression perpetuated under the Roman Empire?

I obviously did not say, nor suggest, anything of the sort. I will say, if Americans were better educated, they would pay more attention to what others are actually saying or writing, and wouldn't impute ridiculous, outrageous opinions to others in order to stimulate contentious debate.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

You are implying that we aren't racially sensitive enough.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
White is the new black

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I don't doubt those statistics Ket. It may be that there is concern that certain actions are needed to bring a better balance, to foster more interest on the part of racially specific children. I find no fault with that other than I think it a fruitless endeavor by people who are still living with the social conceptions of a couple of decades ago. An old folk song I used to love had one line in it that goes, '' your heart is in the right place but head is up your ass''.

Im pretty much of a mind that getting excited about engeneering social and cultural change is as ineffective and futile as the whole Maga dream. Neither is going to work from what I see.

I own a pair of slip-on dress shoes. They're known as "black loafers". Are my shoes racist?

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

I own a pair of slip-on dress shoes. They're known as "black loafers". Are my shoes racist?

Only if you wear them with white tube socks.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I don't know who you are. So I don't know who 'we' is either.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join