It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is how I know I am going to burn in Hell

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I like these threads where real believer's of the bible, argue with each other about how to interpret it. It doe's not add to any of you peoples arguments. I have a question? If Jesus was missing for 18 years and nobody knew where he was, then how do we know the 30 year old that came back and proclaimed to be Jesus the son of God....is actually Jesus or just a man that just up and left home at the ripe old age of 12. Let's me know there was no Childrens Protective Services back in those days. I mean your 12 year old can just disappear for 18 years and no one cares........We suspend reality to believe in Santa & The Easter Bunny.......and we know these aren't real. You all suspend reality when you believe the bible and it's rules. so why don't you realize it's not real like the other two mentioned.
edit on 11-8-2017 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

This something I would come up with. You make a very good point.

If you really want to go down the rabbit hole read the book, "Caesar's Massiah". It makes a very good argument that Jesus did not exist at all and that the Gospel was engineered Roman propaganda to get the Jews to stop being so crazy.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'm questioning the miracle of coming back from the dead. All I'm saying is after coming back from the dead he didn't really die, therefore, no harm no foul.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Pure drivel and nonsense.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seede
a reply to: dfnj2015

Let's be very precise. As I said in the original post, if you accept Jesus did miracles, then Jesus was NOT a "man" like you an me. Are you able to perform the same miracles? So if Jesus was able to perform miracles then he is not a man in the normal sense. I have not met anyone in my life who was able to heal the blind using special powers.

John_14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

The same author (Apostle John) now tells us that there would be other humans that could do the same as Jesus did and even greater that He did.

Does that mean that they are also gods and not die?

There is only one God. And Jesus is that God. You cannot kill God. Therefore, Jesus did not die for our sins. It's a simple argument. How can you say Jesus died when he rose 3 days later? Death means death.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
I try to be reverent but my brain comes up with really terrible thoughts. If you accept that Jesus did miracles then Jesus is not really a human being like you or me. And if you accept Jesus is God, then since you cannot kill God, then Jesus did not really die on the cross. Since Jesus rose again after 3 days he didn't really die in the first place. It was more like a 3 day death timeout.

And since Jesus was able to do healing miracles, did he ever actually experience any physically suffer during his crucifixion. Again, I'm really not trying to be irreverent. But my brain takes me to places where I have these weird thoughts with regards to logical consistency.

Did Jesus actually die for our sins?

These are great questions.

Some of the reasons why I think Jesus was/is an Alien.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Greetings-

You're in Hell now. When it is Your time to 'pass' It'll be 'You' that is judging 'You' "St. Pete" is on permanent holiday. If You 'have enough credits' You can decide to 'go on' or 're-boot' (snag another 'skin suit' for another go'round) You'll have 'up to 49 Earth days' to make Your decision.

The One Infinite Creator, Hunab Ku, is ALL ACCEPTING, and She doesn't mind a dialogue.

Enjoy Your Trip and Your next ones if You decide to go...

Stay Hydrated...
namaste

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

There is only one God. And Jesus is that God. You cannot kill God. Therefore, Jesus did not die for our sins. It's a simple argument. How can you say Jesus died when he rose 3 days later? Death means death.Text

Do you mean how can John say that Jesus died? I wasn't there so don't blame me. Blame the Apostle John because he was there and said that he saw Jesus die and then wrote the same booklet that you tried to use to say that Jesus did not die. Well , actually John didn't say that Jesus did not die now did he? I think you kind of made it look like John said something that he did not actually say. In fact John said that Jesus did die didn't he?

Where I think you really messed up is that you used the wrong book to try and prove Jesus did not die. You should have used the Quran because the Quran would have at least agreed with your belief that Jesus did not die. Then after using the Quran you could come in and screw up the words of the Christian bible to fit your Quran. You see how its done by the experts? Oh well you live and learn I guess.

PS -- 1Corinthians 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

The Natural body is this terrestrial body and the spiritual body is the celestial body. Jesus died in the natural body and was restored in the spiritual body. When He was witnessed in His ascension it was in the spiritual body that He ascended.
edit on 11-8-2017 by Seede because: Added a post script

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I'm questioning the miracle of coming back from the dead. All I'm saying is after coming back from the dead he didn't really die, therefore, no harm no foul.

So you are saying that Lazarus didn't really die either because he was brought back from the dead?

You're saying you can accept all the other miracles except someone coming back from the dead because if you accept that one, then you have to accept that Jesus did, in fact, die and come back from the dead?

Which part of the Bible tells you that God cannot bring someone back from the dead?

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
"If the bible is God's book, why didn't he give it to everyone?"
~ Hunter S. Thompson

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

If he lived after his death THEN he did not die.

edit on 11-8-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

So you are saying that Lazarus didn't really die either because he was brought back from the dead?

You're saying you can accept all the other miracles except someone coming back from the dead because if you accept that one, then you have to accept that Jesus did, in fact, die and come back from the dead?

Which part of the Bible tells you that God cannot bring someone back from the dead?

My fault. Sorry, sometimes I leave out the work "not" when I type really fast. I meant to say: I'm NOT questioning the miracle of coming back from the dead. All I'm saying is after coming back from the dead he didn't really die, therefore, no harm no foul

If Jesus experienced life after death then he really did not die. And if you accept Jesus is God, then since you can't kill God, Jesus also never died.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Here is another reason why I know I am going to burn in Hell. I find this quote extremely funny yet insightful:

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me." Emo Philips

edit on 11-8-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

a reply to: openyourmind1262

This something I would come up with. You make a very good point.

If you really want to go down the rabbit hole read the book, "Caesar's Massiah". It makes a very good argument that Jesus did not exist at all and that the Gospel was engineered Roman propaganda to get the Jews to stop being so crazy.

No, the book's premise is illogical and it ignores historical and cultural facts.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seede

Let's be very precise. As I said in the original post, if you accept Jesus did miracles, then Jesus was NOT a "man" like you an me. Are you able to perform the same miracles? So if Jesus was able to perform miracles then he is not a man in the normal sense. I have not met anyone in my life who was able to heal the blind using special powers.

John_14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

The same author (Apostle John) now tells us that there would be other humans that could do the same as Jesus did and even greater that He did.

Does that mean that they are also gods and not die?

There is only one God. And Jesus is that God. You cannot kill God. Therefore, Jesus did not die for our sins. It's a simple argument. How can you say Jesus died when he rose 3 days later? Death means death.

Death means cessation of biological activities essential for life. Death and resuscitation is possible in the human realm.

In nature, Tardigrades can 'die' and cease all biological activity for extended periods of time and then be revived.

Death and resurrection is possible for God.

The death of Jesus was fully experienced by Jesus. Other persons in God (the Father and the Spirit) did not die with Him. As such, they could resurrect Him. They could share in Jesus experience of death but they didn't die.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

a reply to: Seede

If he lived after his death THEN he did not die.

Honestly, even Sci Fi authors have used the idea of multiple deaths and resurrections as a means of perpetually torturing someone beyond the point of death (Stargate). It isn't such a hard concept.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

It seems pretty simple to me that Jesus also says that

“Lord,” Martha said to Jesus, “if you had been here, my brother would not have died. 22 But I know that even now God will give you whatever you ask.”

23 Jesus said to her, “Your brother will rise again.”

24 Martha answered, “I know he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day.”

25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; 26 and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”

27 “Yes, Lord,” she replied, “I believe that you are the Messiah, the Son of God, who is to come into the world.”
John 11: 21=27

"The one who believes in me will live, even though they die."

By faith we live though our bodies die, but if you don't have faith, then you will die. So at your present rate, I don't think you need to have much worry that death is death.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Here is another reason why I know I am going to burn in Hell. I find this quote extremely funny yet insightful:

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me." Emo Philips

Ah, the old "get out of sin free" card.

Yeah, that only works if you really are sorry for what you have done. The Pharisees would have done much what your anecdote illustrates - used the letter of the law instead of its spirit, and we all know how Christ felt about them.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Anyone here read the book converstations with God? It really struck home with me. Here is a passage i really like:

Life is not a school?

No.

We are not here to learn lessons?

No.

Then why are we here?

To remember, and re-create, Who You Are.

I’m not sure I understand.

Let’s start here. The soul—your soul—knows all there is to know all the time. There’s nothing hidden to it, nothing unknown. Yet knowing is not enough. The soul seeks to experience.

You can know yourself to be generous, but unless you do something which displays generosity, you have nothing but a concept. You can know yourself to be kind, but unless you do someone a kindness, you have nothing but an idea about yourself.

It is your soul’s only desire to turn its grandest concept about itself into its greatest experience. Until concept becomes experience, all there is is speculation. I have been speculating about Myself for a long time. Longer than you and I could collectively remember. Longer than the age of this universe times the age of the universe. You see, then, how young is—how new is—My experience of Myself!

You’ve lost me again. Your experience of Yourself?

Yes. Let me explain it to you this way:

In the beginning, that which Is is all there was, and there was nothing else. Yet All That Is could not know itself—because All That Is is all there was, and there was nothing else. And so, All That Is… was not. For in the absence of something else, All That Is, is not.

This is the great Is/Not Is to which mystics have referred from the beginning of time.

Now All That Is knew it was all there was—but this was not enough, for it could only know its utter magnificence conceptually, not experientially. Yet the experience of itself is that for which it longed, for it wanted to know what it felt like to be so magnificent. Still, this was impossible, because the very term “magnificent” is a relative term. All That Is could not know what it felt like to be magnificent unless that which is not showed up. In the absence of that which is not, that which IS, is not.

Do you understand this?

I think so. Keep going.
edit on 12-8-2017 by cyberjedi because: typo

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Alright The one thing that All That Is knew is that there was nothing else. And so It could, and would, never know Itself from a reference point outside of Itself. Such a point did not exist. Only one reference point existed, and that was the single place within. The “Is-Not Is.” The Am-Not Am.

Still, the All of Everything chose to know Itself experientially.

This energy—this pure, unseen, unheard, unobserved, and therefore unknown-by-anyone-else energy—chose to experience Itself as the utter magnificence It was. In order to do this, It realized It would have to use a reference point within.

It reasoned, quite correctly, that any portion of Itself would necessarily have to be less than the whole, and that if It thus simply divided Itself into portions, each portion, being less than the whole, could look back on the rest of Itself and see magnificence.

And so All That Is divided Itself—becoming, in one glorious moment, that which is this, and that which is that. For the first time, this and that existed, quite apart from each other. And still, both existed simultaneously. As did all that was neither.

Thus, three elements suddenly existed: that which is here. That which is there. And that which is neither here nor there—but which must exist for here and there to exist.

It is the nothing which holds the everything. It is the non-space which holds the space. It is the all which holds the parts.

---------------------------------------------

So yeah i realy like this text

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join