It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is how I know I am going to burn in Hell

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

"Did Jesus actually die for our sins?"

Yes

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Evilbunnie

"Did Jesus actually die for our sins?"

Yes

Pics or it didn't happen!

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
I try to be reverent but my brain comes up with really terrible thoughts. If you accept that Jesus did miracles then Jesus is not really a human being like you or me. And if you accept Jesus is God, then since you cannot kill God, then Jesus did not really die on the cross. Since Jesus rose again after 3 days he didn't really die in the first place. It was more like a 3 day death timeout.

And since Jesus was able to do healing miracles, did he ever actually experience any physically suffer during his crucifixion. Again, I'm really not trying to be irreverent. But my brain takes me to places where I have these weird thoughts with regards to logical consistency.

Did Jesus actually die for our sins?

Thats why we are called to have faith
Jesus said love God, love each other and He would take care of the rest of the situation

Not really that hard

Yes, its ok to question, we are created with inquisition for a reason

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=22544435]dfnj2015[bah
edit on 10-8-2017 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricFeel

God is ONE.

"Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me."

Isaiah 46:9

"Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;
Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;
He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;
And there is none like unto Him."

Quran, Chapter 112

Yeah but he Koran, come on, some muslims kill people for questioning it
What is your god scared of, people questioning it

Jesus was before creation, its your human mind that cant grasp the concept of the Trinity

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Careful......with that attitude you may one day get to see it yourself.
edit on 10-8-2017 by Evilbunnie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Never mind
edit on 10-8-2017 by BlueJacket because: Eta

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Well, I am pretty much a universalist like the Quakers. I believe when Jesus said on the cross "It is done," that's what he meant.

However, I have entertained the idea of "hell." If there be such a place, from my understanding of mainstream Christianity, not the mystical side, most of us are destined for it. You asking or not asking those questions isn't going to make the least bit of difference.

Again, I don't personally believe that to be the case. However, if mainstream Christianity is any indication, that's indeed the case.
edit on 10-8-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Jesus was before creation, its your human mind that cant grasp the concept of the Trinity

How can the creator of the heavens and the earth be scared of his creation.

“Oh people, if you doubt the heavenly origin of this Book which We have sent down to Our servant, the Prophet, produce one surah like it.” (2:23)

“Do people imagine that this Qur’an is not from Us, and that you, O Prophet are falsely attributing to us? Tell them that if they are speaking truly they should produce ten surahs resembling the Qur’an, and that they are free to call on the aid of anyone but God in so doing.” (11:13)

“Or do they say: 'He forged it'? Say: 'Bring then a sura like unto it and call [to your aid] anyone you can”. (10:38)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChemicalAli

This guy asked himself the exact same questions:

Great story! His questions are more detailed than mine. His content reminds me of the way Joseph Campbell talked about comparative religious studies. My search is not as intense as Joshua Evans. I didn't almost die in car crash or have someone mug me at gun point. I'm not ready to convert to Islam at the moment. My own ideas about religion and spirituality seem sufficient and complete from my personal perspective. So I don't feel the need to search for something to fill the hole like Joshua was doing.

However, I do think there's some truth to what he says about the purity of the religious spirit he found in the teachings. I have heard other Muslims speak and who I have met who have the same level of energy and enthusiasm about their faith. I did like the part where he talked about the power of the ideas he found in Islam can solve all the World's problems. We certainly have way too many self-centered psychopaths running the show.

Thanks for sharing such a sincere and entertaining video.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CreationBro

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: dfnj2015
This is how I know I am going to burn in Hell

My sense of humor did it for me.

What's Hell like?

I hear it's pretty indistiguishable from summertime Los angeles.

Actually, it's more like living in New Jersey.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

God is ONE.

"Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me."

Isaiah 46:9

"Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;
Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;
He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;
And there is none like unto Him."

Quran, Chapter 112

Anyone who quotes the Bible and the Quran in the same post is a friend of mine!

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Thats why we are called to have faith
Jesus said love God, love each other and He would take care of the rest of the situation
Not really that hard
Yes, its ok to question, we are created with inquisition for a reason

You should watch the Islam video. It is not as simple of an answer as just have "faith".

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Anytime my friend, All I can tell you is:

You are in direct communication with God, you can talk to him for he loves those who talk to him. Because talking to God is the ultimate proof that you believe in him.

Ask him, ask him to guide you to the thruth, whatever the truth may be,. Do it sincerely, shed some tears if you can, be intimate with him. Tell him that you will keep your heart open for his guidance and tell him anything else you want to tell him.

Do this with a fully sincere heart and I PROMISE you that he will answer your call. It has worked for many people before you.

I wish you all the luck in your journey to find the truth.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

If there is a superior being, I find it likely that It would appreciate us using our cognitive abilities to question the world around us instead of blindly following what we are taught as children by people who followed what they were blindly taught as children and so on for almost two thousand years.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Hi brother, If you haven't watched this video before, you should. It will make you ponder:

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Hi there, Here are some varying perspectives:

The folks in India have known that Jesus studied in India and Tibet. If that is the case, He learned yoga siddhis, powers gained through meditation. You could do it, too however, most of us lack the required concentration. It is said we should walk in the footsteps of the masters (Jesus, Buddha, Mary Magdalena, etc.) by being kind, forgiving, compassionate and loving.

Video made by Govt of India about Jesus in India:

Next, random stuff: there are many historians who claim Jesus did not die on the cross, others who say He appeared to Mary first. In the Book of Mary, found in the Nag Hammadi Library, Mary says we go through seven tests when we die...many about attachment and hate.

On the other hand, an entity named Kryon says that some of the books and teachings were time specific and that others have been edited by those who would prevent us from knowing the truth. This what he says about Jesus:

Jesus was a real person. His birth and death were far different than have been reported, but he walked the earth as an enlightened soul whose miracles and teachings were the beginning of a new dispensation. He taught unity, and the principle that all men could speak personally to God. He said, "You can be just like me!" and that is what our message is, also . . . that master-hood is within each of you. If you really want to know more about the real history, it’s very clearly in the scrolls, but it’s not in your scriptures!

Many are aware that we humans on this magnificent planet are going through a shift as indicated by the ancient calendars and scriptures. We are learning about other life forms in space, we have come to a point in our development where we have to shift from Earthly beings warring with each other and concerned only with mating and defending to taking role in a galactic community - we need to grow up.

As for hell, I believe we create our own hell, having to live with mistakes, regrets (some of do some pretty bad stuff), accidents and losses suffered in life. As someone else mentioned, Jesus may have died because He said too much. Indeed, the idea of being fearless in love of God (Goddess, Life, Spirit) is linked with knowing that you are eternal...ETERNAL, you should not fear death. Hell was created by nefarious leaders who wanted to control and milk their congregations. (Church leaders seduced by or replaced by reptilians?). Religions should help us live a life of loving service to all. but they really should be teaching us about our relationship to God.

Lastly, at the very least, you can find solace in knowing that you can start/improve your relationship with God at any time and avoid hell. I recommend the Bhagavata Gita as it is - with one warning; don't buy into finding a spiritual master. Krishna says plainly; Abandon all variety of religion and come to me.

The journey to discovering your relationship with the divine provides strength and clarity. Asking questions about Jesus, His purpose and your relationship with Him (sinner, devotee) should not be a cause for fear, you should ask AND, the answers should sit right in your gut. Enjoy your journey. Peace

edit on 8/10/2017 by BlissSeeker because: trying to fix link to utube vdeo

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
A simple answer to the OP...

...there's truth in humor.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

You must be certain that biblical scripture is factual at all.

Given that one must have faith (faith being defined as belief without evidence), to believe anything biblical texts and scholars claim; the conclusion is obvious.

-stories were created to attempt an explanation of our origins.
-stories were accepted through coercion or family tradition.
-stories have not predicted, or reliably recorded historical events.
-fast forward a few thousand years, and the claims made using unfounded assumption's, are still just claims.

Absolute conclusion; biblical texts are nothing more than wishful thinking and the creation of primitive human minds.

Therefore, do not worry yourself with that which no-one has ever, does currently or will ever know...at least within our lifetimes.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   

How can the creator of the heavens and the earth be scared of his creation.

“Oh people, if you doubt the heavenly origin of this Book which We have sent down to Our servant, the Prophet, produce one surah like it.” (2:23)

“Do people imagine that this Qur’an is not from Us, and that you, O Prophet are falsely attributing to us? Tell them that if they are speaking truly they should produce ten surahs resembling the Qur’an, and that they are free to call on the aid of anyone but God in so doing.” (11:13)

“Or do they say: 'He forged it'? Say: 'Bring then a sura like unto it and call [to your aid] anyone you can”. (10:38)

Sure but

Is your god scared that it is questioned, its book is questioned.
Does a person questioning the Koran make your god tremble at the knees and its blood run cold for fear
Does your god have no power that it cowers from reasoning humans.
Is your God so vain, so conceited, that it cant stand the scrutiny of mankind

Sounds like a crybaby not a god

Now dont make the mistake of thinking I am attacking you or your god. I am just saying that a creator who creates, creates with a purpose. Questioning, phillosiphying, wondering are parts of our nature.

My God, the God of Moses, Abraham and at the cross has no fear about being questioned, He knows us, our strengths and weaknesses... your god seems terrified
Strange?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join