It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea seriously considering strike on Guam, state media says

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AlephOne

My daughter's best friend is based in Guam as a Airforce firefighter.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
a reply to: bknapple32

I'll be here too...

Hors d'oeuvre anyone? (Just no mushrooms).

And really - as horrible as we think this might be? We don't even know what horrible means.

And I hope that doesn't mean... YET.

peace

Um i loved stuffed mushrooms my friend. So Ill just hog those... more for me

As for Guam. It will be there. The speed in which the news is reporting this, tells me a message is being sent..

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I doubt there will ever be nuclear war, it wouldn't be good for business. If there really is a shadow government or a New World Order behind the scenes, they have been profiting all of this time off of all the wars throughout the world. Why would they ever allow "a war to end all wars"? I would imagine TPTB would much prefer a long, violent, war-filled future to maximize their profits and control the populace versus a big-bang, see ya later folks war.

All that's happening here is the war-drum beating on both sides escalating tensions and fears, and then at the last minute, the US and allies will invade, advert nuclear war, kick Kim Un outta power, and occupy North Korea. The lack of a leadership will create a power vacuum, requiring an occupation force, sound familiar? That's how "they" make money and control everyone on this blue rock. They use the same pattern time and time again because, well, it works.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Where is this steady stream of intel coming from? I can't seem to nail it down in any public release.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
So a few hours ago we heard Trump say that any further threads made would result in fury and fire.

Now its all over the news that DPRK is threading Guan.

So yeah......

Surely Trump has to act?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I'd sure call it a red line crossed

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Its times like this I thank god the devil's grass is legal in my location

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin Trump did act. He teed off on the back 9.

"I'll show NK what an accurate missile launch is!"

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
What a joke! I believe North Korea would consider it, but if they did nuke Guam, it would only provoke the U.S. to invade them literally right after and they would have used up their trump card.

If the North Koreans wait until the end of Trump's first term, experts predict they should be able to launch a nuclear weapon that would hit Seattle, WA.

Edit: I see, Guam is the location of a U.S. military base.

North Korea's military is "examining the operational plan" to strike areas around Guam with medium-to-long-range strategic ballistic missiles, state-run news agency KCNA said early Wednesday local time. The threat comes just hours after US President Donald Trump warned Pyongyang that if they continued to threaten the US, they would "face fire and fury like the world has never seen."

Dubbed the "Tip of the Spear," Guam is a key to the US military's forward deployed presence in the Pacific and is home to thousands of American service members and their families.

The statement from a spokesman from the Strategic Force of the Korean People's Army, warned that recent US military maneuvers —including an intercontinental ballistic missile test last week and a bomber flight on Monday -- "may provoke a dangerous conflict." Specifically, the statement mentioned a potential strike on "Anderson Air Force Base in which the US strategic bombers, which get on the nerves of the DPRK and threaten and blackmail it through their frequent visits to the sky above south Korea, are stationed and to send a serious warning signal to the US."

edit on 08pmTue, 08 Aug 2017 18:42:53 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Hi all,

Bit of a long-term lurker and curious on how these matters are going to progress over the next few days..

There is a new thread I just saw regarding the new Kratos UAV and headed off to google to have a look..

Please see Kratos UAV, the date, May 8 2017, is when the article was written and the text under the picture is, I find, quite intriguing no?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I do agree but also seems the same as both sides saying all options are on the table in a more direct wording. This is actually starting to worry me for the first time that I have well been alive.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Just another thought.

Lets say DPRK do decide to launch a nuke at Guam.

Its going to be a nuke, if they have that capability, makes sense from a tactical point of view.

If they can take out Guam its going to be a serious loss for America right at the start of the war, as well as that, there is no point in them just launching a few standard munitions because really its not going to do very much other than ensure their fate because before the bombs land there are going to be bombers taking off from Guan, a Nuke could prevent that.

edit on 8-8-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Guam has both Patriot and THAAD batteries so it does have a bit of defense, although the THAAD system would be marginal at best.

However, I would be shocked if there was not a Tico or Burke class can in the neighborhod with and few SM-6's on board as well as using its SPY radar to cue GMD interceptors at Ft. Greely.

If they do strike and the US replies in kind I would expect it to come from B-2's as launching an SLBM or ICBM would make both China and Russia pretty frisky
edit on 8/8/17 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT

originally posted by: Metallicus

Guam has both Patriot and THAAD batteries so it does have a bit of defense, although the THAAD system would be marginal at best.

However, I would be shocked if there was not a Tico or Burke class can in the neighborhod with and few SM-6's on board as well as using its SPY radar to cue GMD interceptors at Ft. Greely.

If they do strike and the US replies in kind I would expect it to come from B-2's as launching an SLBM or ICBM would make both China and Russia pretty frisky

Have those systems ever been used though to take out a hostile nuclear war head though?

And even if they did work, its still the spark for the war and all that artillery pointed at Soul is also going to be in the air.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Guam is of no strategic significance really. As a landing pad and refuel/rearm depot it could be replaced by Japan if need be.... and would be a stunningly stupid target and waste of war resources for North Korea. Wasted munitions.

Mr. Kim just got "Im your Huckelberry" ed..... Now it's time to dance. Neither will back down. For the Asian it's a Pride/Honor thing, for the Occidental , a matter of logic.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: seagull

You have an odd notion of fun.

Why in the Hell would North Korea nuke Guam, of all places??

That's simple, it's not mainland USA, but our military base there makes it JUST ENOUGH of USA to make the people in DPRK feel as though they attacked America.

Guam is straight up a US Territory same as Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. The citizens of Guam are considered US Nationals. An attack on Guam is an attack on the US. No "just enough" about it.
edit on 8-8-2017 by PlasticWizard because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Another thought.

I need to stop thinking (seriously)

But how different is this situation really to the Cuban Missile crisis?

Nukes pointed at US interests.

What is Trump doing, playing golf

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

More rhetoric.

We've seen empty threats like this for 17 years now... Maybe longer.

It's a relatively new leader who is young, crazy, paranoid and the first NK leader who has ICBM's and miniaturized nukes. Nothing is the same as anytime before.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
NK is very mountainous thus providing shielding for much of the civilian population from bombing harm. Thus surgical strikes would be the method of our strikes and perhaps the people least at fault have a greater chance of survival.

This wicked saber toothed Dragon Lion monster United States carnivore is not interested in devastating civilians as NK would have their people brainwashed from birth into believing.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

You have an odd notion of fun.

Why in the Hell would North Korea nuke Guam, of all places?? I mean if you're going to commit suicide by superpower, at least go for biggest brass ring you can... A large ConUS city.

When has North korea ever made sense in there actions?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join