It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea seriously considering strike on Guam, state media says

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: AlephOne

More rhetoric.

We've seen empty threats like this for 17 years now... Maybe longer.

It's a relatively new leader who is young, crazy, paranoid and the first NK leader who has ICBM's and miniaturized nukes. Nothing is the same as anytime before.

We'll see.

Also an ICBM would be one of the worst delivery systems for ONE nuke.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

North Korea is now refining it's earlier statement, saying that the North Korean leadership will start looking at plans to hit Guam, in SEPTEMBER.

North Korean state media declared Wednesday that its potential missile strike would create an “enveloping fire” around Guam and that a ballistic missile operation unit for the dictatorship is slated to review launch plans in early September.

According to the Korean People’s Army statement, its particular focus would be on the Andersen Air Force Base where nuclear-capable bombers are stationed.

Source: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Just curious since I don't watch them, but is CNN talking about the threat which is North Korea or are they still pushing Russia as the real threat?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Wow Plan A.. War with Russia didn't pan out.. now we are in plan B....War with NK.... and the sheep are biting..

Get a grip folks... you/we are all being played...

YMMV

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
All talk. Kim has one goal. Staying in power and passing it on to an Heir. For all the cartoonish rhetoric, he is smart enough to realize that crossing that line will end with his death. Its really that simple.

I think so too, he only mentions Guam because thats where the the two US bombers flew out of last week in the South Korea fly over. He doesn't have China behind him on this, almost the opposite. So he is doing nothing but blustering, sort of like Qaddafi did in the 80's. This is him strutting for North Koreans and his military to show how tough he is.Besides we got missile defense systems to sell to every nation within range in the Pacific, check those companies pretty sure their stocks rose on the news.

Just read some in depth info from senior West Point staffers about North Korean military capabilities their army, navy air force and strategic arms services As it stated here before, basically they got some big guns to pound South Korea and could possibly push in Seoul, before the US could mobilize enough troops on the ground,but there are serious doubts about their Air Force, Navy and even nuclear missiles being anywhere near effective. South Korea could probably take them alone it would just take longer, they have better vehicles, planes armor and better supplied soldiers. He has nothing to gain and everything lose unless he is terminally ill and suicidal.

All this does is rachet up tensions and make an accidental situation more likely than a planned attack on anywhere.
edit on 8-8-2017 by putnam6 because: Wording

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
All talk. Kim has one goal. Staying in power and passing it on to an Heir. For all the cartoonish rhetoric, he is smart enough to realize that crossing that line will end with his death. Its really that simple.

What if Kim dies tomorrow in a car accident and his government blames a US covert op and retaliates with nukes?

What if Kim is diagnosed with a terminal illness tomorrow and has no offspring and nothing to live for?

The all talk rhetoric is reckless and could potentially cost millions of lives in the future.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
Just curious since I don't watch them, but is CNN talking about the threat which is North Korea or are they still pushing Russia as the real threat?

Right now (11:30pm CDT), they're in re-run mode from earlier today. Anderson Pooper talking with war-loving "experts" about North Korea preparing to strike Guam. The only time CNN agrees with President Trump is when he makes statements that are pro-war. He's an angel today, because his words are playing into CNN's desire for a war to cover.

One of their correspondents (Jim Sciutto) Tweeted a war mongering LIE, attributing it to Kim Jong, about an hour ago. (I posted it in the "CNN is a Domestic-Based Terrorist" thread.)

In the interest of National Security the FCC/Homeland Security should revoke CNN's broadcasting license immediately.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   
This is actually Kim outsmarting Trump. 45 talked big earlier because he has no idea on how to handle foreign policy or possible conflicts. Kim is using his words against him by making a new threat just hours after Trump vowed to handle any new threat by NK with "fire and fury". Kim knows if Trump now acts on his words, the rest of the world will no longer look at the USA as a "peacekeeping"(I use that term loosely) country and will create a situation where coalitions against the West will have more ammunition to rally their troops.

Kim is tricking Trump into either looking like a man with empty threats or like an unstable leader that will undermine America's standing as a world leader. So basically this situation is everything anyone with half a brain knew would happen once push started coming to shove with an incompetent Trump and a hostile NK.
edit on 9-8-2017 by Sacreligion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth
What if Kim dies tomorrow in a car accident and his government blames a US covert op and retaliates with nukes?

Wouldn't put it past them to lay blame & try it. Anything goes to try to re-galvanize the public & reaffirm the paradise delusion.

What if Kim is diagnosed with a terminal illness tomorrow and has no offspring and nothing to live for?

He has at least one kid that I know of. The Kim dynasty thus lives on still.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

You have an odd notion of fun.

Why in the Hell would North Korea nuke Guam, of all places?? I mean if you're going to commit suicide by superpower, at least go for biggest brass ring you can... A large ConUS city.

They would hit Seoul first

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   
LOL, threat # 6,000,000,000,000,042...

He can't even keep UP with the THREATS HE MAKES ON A DAILY BASIS...

LOL, Wasn't he just 'promising' "a thousand-fold armageddon response" against the LAST 5,000 sanctions?????????????????????????? -- just last month? LOLOL, did I blink and miss something?

Must be fk'ing comedy hour around here...
edit on 9-8-2017 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Again your intellect shines through, obviously a deep thinker.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Cypress

In a conventional war, absolutely Seoul gets pounded by artillery that's been prepositioned decades ago. I can't help but wonder if some of those artillery shells are dirty (radioactive) in nature, not to mention chemical, or bacteriological.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   
A show of power and military might would be to land a space x first stage right in the middle of one of their parades, then have it shoot off pamphlets explaining how sophisticated our rockets are... Then taking back off and ditching in the ocean out of their field of view

Letting the general population know what is happening should be a top priority.
Their propaganda is talking about crushing our military and nuking our main land. I guess they figure they can wheelbarrow in those nukes once the military is gone...
I'm afraid their general population might believe that this could go well for them.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: autopat51
so how many workable missiles does kim have?
is this info known? and how many nukes?

A handful at best. For there to be any semblance of success, they would have to hit Every Target dead on with one hundred percent accuracy. We could throw a mere one or two percent of our arsenal and willy-nilly aim to destroy any part of North Korea that is a threat. Their bringing a knife to a gunfight essentially. Goose step away, parade away. I bet they get hungry doing that, so too with a ground invasion. Unless they are cannibals, they will start feeling the effects of starvation after a weeks time.

A BBC source estimates that in June 2016, Pyongyang has between 13 and 21 warheads, four to six more than it did in late 2014.
edit on 9-8-2017 by Plotus because: changes

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Bring it on N Korea...... I wanna see a nuclear war in my lifetime.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Wonder what the US reaction to the launch of an NK ICBM to, say, 2000 miles high, with a nuclear detonation at altitude?

NK could thus prove it actually has the capability the west assumes it has, without actually directly provoking the west.

Such a demonstration would also serve to give pause to those who assume that attacking the hermit nation would be an action with little or no "blowback".

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

Bring it on N Korea...... I wanna see a nuclear war in my lifetime.
It's much different than X Box.

As a Vet, I can tell you.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
This is escalating at a worrying speed.

IF this is taken seriously and the Americans decide to take a preemptive strike then before you know it the entire Korean peninsular is going to be in flames.

Trump drew a line in the sand when he said any further threads would be met with fire and fury.

If this is taken as a threat the might feel like he has to act.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out in the next few days.

It is going to be fun nuking this little bast@rd to the beginning of time.

Strange idea of fun the slaughter of 25 Million people if you ask me.

Pretty sick of you to add that into your OP.

Crazy man meets crazy man. Where they stop, nobody knows.

Kim has nobody who can control him. Hopefully we still have straight jackets to control ours.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlephOne
It seems Guam is now on Kim's nuclear hit list...

It is going to be fun nuking this little bast@rd to the beginning of time.

North Korea said on Wednesday it is "carefully examining" a plan to strike the U.S. Pacific territory of Guam with missiles, just hours after U.S. President Donald Trump told the North that any threat to the United States would be met with "fire and fury".

Source

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

When are you going to realize, nukes are not the way to go. We don't need to be the only nation to have ever used one in a war. We have enough planes and missiles that we could demolish their military in a matter of hours, hell an hour I don't know, it would not take long though.

Nukes are a terrible idea, plain and simple!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join