It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea seriously considering strike on Guam, state media says

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Nothing more to this than the equivalent of a yappy little attention seeking mutt..I sure hope anyway.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Let's hope Guam doesn't capsize !!

ROFL...thanks a lot Xuen...I was eating dinner and almost choked when I read your post lol

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
As long as TPTB remain calm and stop acting like tools, we'll all be fine.

The way I see it, if NK strikes first (with a nuclear bomb), China will be forced by international pressure to forgive (after many words of outrage and some sabre rattling, I'm sure) the unavoidable split-second decision that leads America to turn NK to glass.

The only way this gets nasty--as in, MAD nasty--is if America is the aggressor. Then China is all in. WWIII.

edit on 8-8-2017 by Dudemo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5
As long as TPTB remain calm and stop acting like tools, we'll all be fine.

The way I see it, if NK strikes first (with a nuclear bomb), China will be forced by international pressure to forgive (after many words of outrage and some sabre rattling, I'm sure) the unavoidable split-second decision that leads America to turn NK to glass.

The only way this gets nasty is if America is the aggressor. Then China is all in. WWIII.

Well china will just sit back this time and the US and SK will let them take over the remains of NK. Its a win win.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

I believe Guam cause he really can't reach any further and the rest is US IC spouting Iraqi BS hoping for a war.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
North Korea would have to do an all out pre-emptive nuclear attack on the US mainland at the same time as Guam or face complete annihilation within 30 minutes to an hour of attacking Guam.

I don't put anything past North Korea.

Most likely rhetoric though.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I think I read that China is busy with India. or some part therein.

unless I didn't read that.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AlephOne

A strike on US territory is essentially a declaration or war. The US probably has tactical teams on 24/7 watch for any justification to take Un out.

He isn't Saddam or Bin Laden. My guess is he would drop his weapons and sing the praises of American diplomacy. The only martyrs in NK are the people, not the leaders.

If he thought it would keep him in power with no other options he'll roll over.

China is powerless to protect him if he hits a US target. He knows this. He was educated in the west. He's not a threat just a despot clinging to power.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32
Fox's headline now is NK has missile ready nukes

This is true. Supposedly a "baby nuke" has been developed by NK.

But before killing a lot of people with a pre-emptive strike, President Trump should first send a cruise missile into Kim Jong's bathroom.

Even the "friends" of Kim Jong (China and Russia) wouldn't shed a tear if we vaporized him.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
If they do strike and the US replies in kind I would expect it to come from B-2's as launching an SLBM or ICBM would make both China and Russia pretty frisky

I don't think that opportunity (first strike) will be afforded to them.

I think President Trump is working out plans to eliminate China's military cards as he erases North Korea from the map.

1. I'd expect not less than 120 SLBM delivered ground bursts in suspected Chinese strategic nuclear facilities. Package delivered within three minutes of launch. There won't be time for a Chinese response.

2. I suspect the JCS may want to reduce more of China's strategic military capabilities.

3. I'd expect not less than 20 airbursts over North Korea to annihilate their nuclear facilities, strategic rocket launch capabilities and National Level elements of Command, Control and Communications.

4. I'd expect a blanket of tactical nuclear device coverage over the North Korean side of the DMZ (delivered by your B-2s) to eliminate all tactical locations capable of conventional shelling of Seoul.

5. I'd imagine all of this destruction will conclude within 10 minutes.

Pro tip: Where are the birds and who has an eye on the airfields?

Sad, that the Chinese, with all their political brinkmanship since the end of WWII and the rise of Mao, might be taken down by the likes of President Trump. LOL

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
If I might make a prediction?

Any "attack" on Guam NK might undertake would be limited (at this time) to an unarmed missile landing off the coast of Guam.

Just Kim's way of nettling the US.

But, it would prove that NK's missiles have the accuracy to do the job they are designed to do; and thus serve as a warning to the "enemies" of NK.

Then, if Kim really wants to drive his point home, in no uncertain terms, without provoking a justified retributional strike, he could, with due advance international warning, detonate a missile launched nuke warhead in the middle of the ocean.

Thus NK's capabilities would be proven to a sufficient degree to discourage attack, while denying oppositional forces the "moral" justification for a counter-strike.

All forces could then meet in meaningful negotiations as equals.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: AlephOne

You have an odd notion of fun.

Why in the Hell would North Korea nuke Guam, of all places?? I mean if you're going to commit suicide by superpower, at least go for biggest brass ring you can... A large ConUS city.

Maybe he wants to help with the brown tree snake infestation? Nuclear hell fire would probably do it.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
so how many workable missiles does kim have?
is this info known? and how many nukes?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: autopat51

They have plenty enough (on the order of hundreds and hundreds) to whack the daylights out of South Korea and Japan.

They have had enough time now (thanks a lot 0bama) to amass enough fissionable material to build 60 warheads.

Which missiles might fly away with a miniaturized nuclear warhead and which might only contain a convention explosive is anyone's guess.

It's time to first-strike North Korea and simply get the job over with.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Since this is a conspiracy forum...

It occurred to me that Guam would be an ideal location for a nuclear false flag attack, by those looking to start war with NK. It is US territory, so we would have to respond, but it is not a state, and its inhabitants are only US nationals (not citizens), so The Powers That Be would likely consider it more "expendable" than any target in the US proper. Guam is also remote enough that nuclear fallout would be easily contained. Just declare the island off-limits like we did with Bikini Atoll, and check on it every decade or so.

The US base in Japan could be a target for the same reasons. It would provide a trigger for war without damaging the United States itself.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: autopat51

We know NOTHHHING. (Or its not being shared with the public). Kim Jong keeps catching the world by surprise with his technological advances, according to "anonymous" defense sources.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Fox just cut in saying we're flying bombers near nk right now.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
is Guam a feint? gets us concentrating on protecting Guam and he hits Seoul and Tokyo.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
GUAM has 160,000 inhabitants. An estimated 6,000 U.S. Military. Look how CLOSE it is to North Korea.
www.abc.net.au...

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32
Fox just cut in saying we're flying bombers near nk right now.

Time for that cruise missile and bunker-buster barrage on Kim's location. Little SOB is so arrogant, he rarely hides, if the regularly published photos are to be believed.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join