It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea seriously considering strike on Guam, state media says

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sacreligion
This is actually Kim outsmarting Trump. 45 talked big earlier because he has no idea on how to handle foreign policy or possible conflicts. Kim is using his words against him by making a new threat just hours after Trump vowed to handle any new threat by NK with "fire and fury". Kim knows if Trump now acts on his words, the rest of the world will no longer look at the USA as a "peacekeeping"(I use that term loosely) country and will create a situation where coalitions against the West will have more ammunition to rally their troops.

Kim is tricking Trump into either looking like a man with empty threats or like an unstable leader that will undermine America's standing as a world leader. So basically this situation is everything anyone with half a brain knew would happen once push started coming to shove with an incompetent Trump and a hostile NK.

Actually Kim lost the most face this time around because he backed down. So no Trump has called his bluff this time. usually when one calls a bluff they are considered smarter no?

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
If it comes to it couldn't we just snipe Kim Jong at night from a mile away? Why nuke the country's land or innocent people?

Hell we could probably snipe or kidnap him and replace him with a look a like and nobody would be the wiser.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus

originally posted by: combatmaster
a reply to: AlephOne

Bring it on N Korea...... I wanna see a nuclear war in my lifetime.
It's much different than X Box.

As a Vet, I can tell you.

Better resolution!

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I Read this news in my morning browsing of my home page, I almost choke laughing at the stupidity of such a comment.

I guess NK really, realty wants to be put out of their misery.

Who knowns this maybe a sign that North Korea wants the US to attack them.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: MysticPearl
Just curious since I don't watch them, but is CNN talking about the threat which is North Korea or are they still pushing Russia as the real threat?

Right now (11:30pm CDT), they're in re-run mode from earlier today. Anderson Pooper talking with war-loving "experts" about North Korea preparing to strike Guam. The only time CNN agrees with President Trump is when he makes statements that are pro-war. He's an angel today, because his words are playing into CNN's desire for a war to cover.

One of their correspondents (Jim Sciutto) Tweeted a war mongering LIE, attributing it to Kim Jong, about an hour ago. (I posted it in the "CNN is a Domestic-Based Terrorist" thread.)

In the interest of National Security the FCC/Homeland Security should revoke CNN's broadcasting license immediately.

Seriously, CNN is reporting on NKorea and trump? That is probably what is on allot of peoples minds right now. I live on the West Coast. Its news right now, and CNN is not making it up. The American people want to know what is going on. We have a madman threating nuclear war and someone running the White House who has no idea, what the hell is going on half the time. trump is saying "fire and furry, like the world has never seen before". Yeah it is not CNN wanting a Nuclear war, that is crazy talk. its what is unfolding right now.

BTW, just turned on headline news to see what CNN was talking about, and they are talking about Police suicide cases. Nothing to do with trump. CNN is not where I get my news, I just want to see what I would find.

edit on 9-8-2017 by kurthall because: add

edit on 9-8-2017 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-8-2017 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
You've got to love how McCain has suddenly become a pacifist. He talks tough when it's some two-bit country that doesn't pose any real threat to us, but faced with a country that might actually hurt us, we see he's a total chickenhawk. Shut up and go die of brain cancer, you coward!

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The Russian ambassador said it best. Every time North Korea has been sanctioned in the past, this exact same the same thing happens, Kim Jung get gets his feelers hurt and tries to talk big. Difference as he continued to say is Trumps response just heightens the anxiety, and wishes he would let e worked out politically.LOL of course I'm paraphrasing LOL. But point remains, lots of people believe and probably a few of them hope Trump screws up, if you you believe what is read on here, over 80% of the world thinks he is horrible and cant tie his own shoes. The guy is a bombastic New Yorker he isn't going to change and everybody thinks he is going to be some kind of diplomat. LOL when is the last you got in the last word arguing with somebody from New York. This what NK does but everybody is so hyper aware.But we aren't even close to what was going on in the Cuban missile crisis, when the young Kennedy almost walked into WWIII with his rhetoric. So everybody relax a little or go out and party like its the end of world just be happy its not to that level yet. and its a an level its been numerous times in the past.

Google North Korean sanctions 2015

Text
www.cnn.com/2016/12/01/asia/north-korea-sanctions-reaction/index.html
Dec 2, 2016 - The Security Council voted unanimously on November 30 to impose their "toughest" sanctions yet on North Korea, stopping about $800 million in exports including coal and copper. North Korean leader Kim Jong Un leads military drills focused on artillery battle training on Thursday, December 1.
Obama imposes new sanctions against North Korea in response to ...
www.theguardian.com... › US News › Obama administration
Jan 2, 2015 - Obama imposes new sanctions against North Korea in response to Sony hack ... Friday 2 January 2015 16.08 EST First published on Friday 2 ...
North Korea responds with fury to US sanctions over Sony Pictures ...
www.theguardian.com...
Jan 5, 2015 - Monday 5 January 2015 12.04 EST First published on Sunday 4 January 2015 03.34 EST. North Korea has furiously denounced the United ...
More Sanctions on North Korea After Sony Case - The New York Times
www.nytimes.com...
Jan 2, 2015 - 2, 2015. Continue reading the main story Share This Page ... Two are senior North Korean representatives in Iran, a major buyer of North Korean ... The sanctions were a public part of the response to the cyberattack on Sony, ...
North Korea pledges 'tough' response to UN sanctions - Al Jazeera
www.aljazeera.com/.../north-korea-pledges-tough-response-sanctions-161201163111...
Dec 1, 2016 - Text ... beyond 7.5 million tonnes of coal in 2017, a reduction of 62 percent from 2015.
North Korea issues angry response to US sanctions for Sony hack ...
www.theverge.com...
North Korea issues angry response to US sanctions for Sony hack. 0 New, 32 comments ... by James Vincent@jjvincent Jan 4, 2015, 6:20am EST. share · tweet ...
'The Interview': North Korea Responds to U.S. Sanctions - Rolling Stone
www.rollingstone.com/.../the-interview-north-korea-responds-to-u-s-sanctions-20150...
Jan 4, 2015 - North Korea has issued a response to the sanctions the U.S. Treasury ... New Year speech, at a railroad station in Seoul on January 1, 2015.
U.S. Levies New Sanctions Against North Korea Amid Nuclear Threat ...
www.usnews.com...
Text ... The United States announced new sanctions against North Korea's ... The new sanctions add to existing ones levied in 2008, 2010 and 2015.
Sony Hacking: U.S. Sanctions of North Korea Unlikely to be Effective ...
www.theatlantic.com/international/print/2015/01/...north-korea-sanctions.../384188/
Why North Korea Sanctions Are Unlikely to Be Effective. President Obama's punishment allows him to fulfill his promise to respond to the Sony hack, but probably won't have much effect on the country. ... Matt Schiavenza; Jan 3, 2015; Global.
Obama sanctions North Korea for movie hacking - USA Today
www.usatoday.com...
Jan 2, 2015 - New sanctions are in direct response to North Korea's suspected role in hacking Sony Pictures. ... 2, 2015 | Updated 7:38 p.m. ET Jan. 2, 2015.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
You've got to love how McCain has suddenly become a pacifist. He talks tough when it's some two-bit country that doesn't pose any real threat to us, but faced with a country that might actually hurt us, we see he's a total chickenhawk. Shut up and go die of brain cancer, you coward!

McCain's brain cancer may be influencing his actions in an undesired way.. according to fellow Senator Ron Johnson.
www.msn.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That is the same type of brain cancer that a friend of ours my husband and I was diagnosed with last year, she had it remove, but because it has what the doctors calls tentacles even a small undetectable piece or a piece of the tumor that cannot be removed because it affect the brain in the area of behavior will grow and spread further as in our friends case, after chemotherapy treatment was given.

This type of cancer is fatal and it will spread, in lest than a year our dear friend is stage 4 and while she still recognize friends and family and is functional she already is experiencing mental lapses and can not read anymore.

At the late stages she will have terrible headaches that will be treated with heavy sedation.

She is trying to do everything she can right now before she deteriorates.

Sad diagnostic, even for McCain.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Yes, it's a bad way to go. Hopefully modern medicine can keep the pain at bay. Senator McCain was given 14 months by his doctor.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Anchorage had a missile protection shield. Thus makes it a much harder target then guam. Now in the past when little Kim was ignored he escalated to get attention even going do far as shelling a south Korean island.so ignoring him may not be the best option

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Should've taken care of this in like 99/00-01

instead we invaded afghanistan and then iraq for some reason. "the guy who tried to kill my datty"

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Kim once threatened to blow up Austin too. Because he hates music? Or maybe hipsters?

Kim is a legitimate psychopath. At some point he will have nuclear armed subs sitting off our coast. Are we comfortable with that?

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   
North Korea/Kim Jong may be serious this time?

North Korean state media on Friday (10.13.2017) renewed a threat to launch missiles toward the US territory of Guam, warning that "reckless moves" by the US would compel Pyongyang to take action.

"We have already warned several times that we will take counteractions for self-defense, including a salvo of missiles into waters near the US territory of Guam," the KCNA report quoted Kim Kwang Hak, a researcher at the Institute for American Studies of the North Korean Foreign Ministry, as saying.

"The US military action hardens our determination that the US should be tamed with fire and lets us take our hand closer to the 'trigger' for taking the toughest countermeasure," Kim added.

Source: cnnphilippines.com...

Satellite images show that Missiles are being moved into place and prepared for launch.
www.mirror.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: AlephOne

Somehow I didn't even know about this.

We should put a million missiles on Guam. Immediately.

Guam rules! It's in the middle of the ring of destruction!

posted on Feb, 8 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Why bump this old ass thread? It's from October.... obviously Guam wasn't nuked.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   
It's a no-brainer Guam is the next Pearl Harbor!

Seems just waiting to finish up on mideast before nefarious NWO go full-scale war on Asia, next!

The missile false alarm they had a month ago was very telling... immediately their pawn state NK was blamed!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join