It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Absolute Proof Jesus Christ is God

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
I believe Jesus is God because he changed my life, answered and still answering many prayers made to him, and the fact that the Preserved Word of God the Holy Bible says he is God. Not "a god" but the LORD God Almighty, the Alpha and Omega, the creator of this earth (much older than 5777 years), and latter made the flooded surface of the earth (Gen 1:2)habitable for his crowning creation Man about 5777 years ago (Gen 1:3-31).

He was and is and is to come.

Nonsense. You life changed and for whatever reason best known to a psychologist you have attributed it to something supernatural which you have never seen and can only take on faith even exists.

Take your religious nonsense back to the #ing dark ages where it belongs

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mogzy1977
a reply to: StandingTallForChrist

You really are something else aren't you? Would you like my version of your little party book?

Mary and Joseph were a nice young couple. Mary's came from a very affluent family whereas Joseph was a common carpenter. After getting up the duff by Joseph and telling her father, he got irate and incredibly embarrassed that his daughter should basically shag around before wedlock!
So anyway, knowing that her belly would soon be on show for all to see, Mary's father thought up the best way to avoid bringing shame on the family..... It was God!!!
All the simple folk believed it, people treated the child differently and the Romans were having none of it!

I truly believe that Christianity stems from a father's embarrassment that his daughter was a hussy, a harlot and a whore!

Get what you are saying. The only issue I have is there is no historical evidence there was every a superman.

Denny

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Are you referring Tacitus? Tacitus doesn't not prove that Jesus of Nazareth ever existed.

Really? Well, first of all, you used two negatives in one sentence which makes it a positive statement. But anyways.

Show proof that there was "another Christ that had followers called Christians because they followed Christ, and who was condemned to the highest penalty, cruxifiction,which was given by no other than Pontius Pilatus...

In his Annals, Tacitus tells of a fire that swept through Rome in the 60s, for which some were blaming Nero himself...

Consequently, to get rid of the report, Nero fastened the guilt and inflicted the most exquisite tortures on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judaea, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome, where all things hideous and shameful from every part of the world find their centre and become popular. Accordingly, an arrest was first made of all who pleaded guilty; then, upon their information, an immense multitude was convicted, not so much of the crime of firing the city, as of hatred against mankind. Mockery of every sort was added to their deaths. Covered with the skins of beasts, they were torn by dogs and perished, or were nailed to crosses, or were doomed to the flames and burnt, to serve as a nightly illumination, when daylight had expired.

www.mesacc.edu...

Amazing how atheists try to ignore and dismiss factual evidence...

edit on 10-8-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

"Jesus was a poor carpenter who grew up in a predominantly illiterate and tiny corner of the world"

Well, if you can prove this, absolutely, I might give you a little credit.... But I'm not even seeing proof that there is a good, or was a Jesus- let alone them being the same.
Proof there was a Jesus? That's not even much of a debate among academia. I mean, Tacitus's work "Annals" is one example of an ancient Roman historian talking about the real existing Jesus. Of course, there is Josephus a Jew who never stopped being a Jew. He had little interest in falsely acknowledging the existence of Jesus. He was not a follower. And yadda yadda yadda...

So... Jesus existed. Do you believe what Jesus taught? I do.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: filthyphilanthropist
Do you believe what Jesus taught?

That's a good question for everyone who says they believe in Jesus, as asked in the video below as well before presenting some of Jesus' teachings (all bible quotations are from the KJV a.k.a. AV, all of whom are conveniently ignored by those claiming that the AV is the only preserved Word of God or those using the AV or similar translations whenever it's convenient for their argument as demonstrated earlier in this thread regarding Hebrews 1:8):

Trinity Doctrine, A False Teaching Of Man, Council of Nicaea

A bit more regarding earlier claims made in this thread:

And since the weird "I AM"-argument has been used already in this thread as well (neither Exodus 3:14 nor John 8:58 says "I AM" in any honest translation of the bible; it's only translated that way by bible translators that want to provide support for this particular card in the house of cards that is supposed to prove or indicate that God is a Trinity or that Jesus is the One who is referred to as "God Almighty" and "Jehovah God" or simply "Jehovah" in the bible):

edit on 11-8-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Don't get your panties in a wad over a typo!

Show proof that there was "another Christ that had followers called Christians

How about the Bible's Jesus' own words?

Matthew 24:23 At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'There he is!' do not believe it.

Matthew 24:25 For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and they will lead many astray.

Matthew 24:26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

I'm sure that if Jesus was real he'd be appalled for his followers to have been described the way Tacitus described those foul rioters who he claimed to be followers of "Chrestus". A term used for a "useful and good man/slave/worker".

Most likely what's being described here is a labor protest/riot. Not a religious riot over the death of Jesus of Nazareth, nearly century earlier and hundreds of miles away from Rome, minus the pious forgery text that was added later by Catholic monks like Eusebius.

Jesus wasn't the impetus for the concept of "Christ". It was pagan concept long before Jesus ever appeared on the scene, if he ever really did. Those pagan initiates of the Eleusinian Mysteries, that called themselves Christs, weren't abdominal criminal rioters, They were quite country folk.

And, don't forget, the Ptolemaic Torah calls King Saul, David, Solomon and Cyrus "Christs".

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: filthyphilanthropist

Tacitus never mentions Jesus.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Are you really that obtuse?... How many Christs started a religion NAME CHRISTIANITY and was condemned to the worst possible sentence under Pontius Pilate?...

The only ones getting their panties in a bunch are people like you who are too scared to admit you are wrong and that there is actual evidence which contradicts your "beliefs"

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

It's not just atheists that are doing that. My estimation is about 99% of the posters whose comments I read when it comes to what they strongly believe in (including those denying that they "believe" anything, or talking about whether or not they know something for certain after expressing their beliefs and opinions about a subject, often falling back on feigned ignorance and agnosticism when confronted with any factual evidence they don't like to acknowledge as being factual/certain/true/conclusive/absolute/correct, without error).

But Trinitarians perhaps have a special knack for it when it comes to facts/truths taught by the bible that conflict with their Trinitarian theology, doctrines and dogmas (there's also a strong element of hypocrisy for a Trinitarian to try "to ignore and dismiss factual evidence" from the bible, which is not the same for bible critics such as atheists, muslims, new age philosophers+Buddhists+Hindus, or let's call that... those impressed with eastern philosophy, that post on ATS; they have their own way of demonstrating the hypocrisy, denial, apathy or the 'trying to ignore and dismiss factual evidence'-behaviour that is so prevalent on ATS).

Psalm 50:16,17

16 But God will say to the wicked:
“What right do you have to relate my regulations
Or to speak about my covenant?
17 For you hate discipline,* [Or “instruction.”]
And you keep turning your back on my words.* [Lit., “throwing my words behind you.”]

It really isn't as complicated or confusing (or vague; open to personal interpretation or according to whatever denomination within Christendom one wants to follow, whatever one chooses to believe) as those demonstrating the behaviour described at Jeremiah 23:27 as "they intend to make my people forget my name....declares Jehovah" are trying to make it appear. The mental or spiritual solution to get on the right mental pathway (compare Matthew 7:13,14) to figure out what's really true about God is easy and freely made available by our Creator...(it makes evaluating people's arguments and opinions about God's identity, attributes, will, etc. really easy)

Proverbs 18:10

10 The name of Jehovah is a strong tower.
Into it the righteous one runs and receives protection.* [Lit., “is raised high,” that is, out of reach, safe.]

Jehovah Equips Us!
Song 49 - Jehovah Is Our Refuge

Romans 3:

What, then, is the advantage of the Jew, or what is the benefit of circumcision? 2 A great deal in every way. First of all, that they were entrusted with the sacred pronouncements of God. 3 What, then, is the case? If some lacked faith, will their lack of faith invalidate the faithfulness of God? 4 Certainly not! But let God be found true, even if every man be found a liar, just as it is written: “That you might be proved righteous in your words and might win when you are being judged.”

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   

a reply to: spacemanjupiter

You are wrong, look in the page before this one, I posted an excerpt of one of several historians, in this case a pagan Roman historian, that corroborates the fact that Jesus Christ did exist...

For crying out loud people, the motto of ATS is "[deny ignorance"... It is not "embrace ignorance"...

Sorry bud, but I think you're a little confused on what constitutes a FACT. Look it up.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Note the factual evidence from the bible presented in the video below about the name "Jehovah" and especially what is acknowledged by a NIV translator at the end of the video (and the element of hypocrisy I spoke about in my previous reply to you):
JW ARCHIVES DIVINE NAME JHWH YHWH JEHOVAH NWT NIV COMPARE.

The ending is about one of the bible verses quoted below:

And if you feel like it, you may acknowledge the factuality/truthfulness of it as well rather than ignoring or avoiding any mention of it. Or otherwise use an excuse to dismiss it by presenting red herrings about exact spelling if you feel so inclined as others have done in the past on ATS. Of course, I'm not making any demands, accusations, implications or requests here, that's why I said "if you feel like it". Well, I guess one can read an implication into my words but that's not how it is intended.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: spacemanjupiter

Sorry bud, but I think you're a little confused on what constitutes a FACT. Look it up.

Can you read, or do you, among some others have a reading comprehension problem?

I know the world will end if people like you ever admit to being wrong, but guess what?... You are wrong. There was only one person who founded the Christian religion, and that religion was named after him. That same person was crucified under the order of Pontius Pilate. Just one person. It's amazing how pagans, and atheist these days would even ignore and dismiss the written word from other pagans...

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   

There was only one person who founded the Christian religion, and that religion was named after him.

Did Paul Invent Christianity?

Jesus was certainly not the only founder of said religion

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DaCook

Superman? I think you're going g off topic here as I have no clue what you mean!

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: pthena
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Fake Jews!!!!

Any person who claims to be a Jew, of any ethnicity, and is accepted as a Jew by other Jews is a Jew. How is that fake?

Jews aren't fake...they are just misunderstood.

They are not a race...not Hebrew...

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tucket
As a follower of Jesus myself, I have to say..

You're not helping our cause..

Lucifer is just as important as Jesus...they both come to REMIND us of the mental illness of the parents that took place oh so long ago..............

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
Kinda takes away from his alleged instruction to have faith, doesn't it...people who truly believe in something unseen should neither require "proof" of it, nor feel the need to provide unsolicited "proof" for people who exercise their own innately provided free will and choose to have faith in other things...or in nothing at all.

It is an endless source of fascination for me; how often people in this world profess to have some profound cosmic insight into all things Jesus, yet the only "proof" they ever offer seems to be that of their own inherent faithlessness. That is the only thing being proven here, too.

Faith, Hope and belief vehemently oppose TRUTH.

This is the best reminder of the twisted religious views that run the worlds human stock market.

Jesus/Lucy comin to rectify the vermin scum who use this world to foment agony endlessly.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

1) What year is it? 2017. It is 2017 to EVERYONE on Earth.

No its not.

only those that follow the Gregorian Calendar.

That is precisely 2017 years since the birth of Jesus Christ.

precisely?

Its debatable but I wouldn't say precisely.

This fact must REALLY get the goats of all those Atheists who have to acknowledge the year in which we live... maybe they could file a federal lawsuit!

what fact?

Why would it 'goat' anyone to acknowledge what year it is?

2) Jesus Christ is the single most influential figure in all of human history. His name is known across all races, creeds, ethnicities, geographic boundaries and even time itself.

Um, his name is even debated.

Many with good reason say that translated his name would be Joshua.

Even at the time of Jesus' life, the term Christ wasn't his Title, so at that time and in the past that name wasn't known.

Proof of his resurrection lies directly in the behavior of his followers, who were so terrified of the Roman Guard that they denied Jesus while he lived to save their own skin.

So because Peter denied he knew Jesus, that is somehow proof that his followers denied him and also somehow proves the resurrection.

Sorry I don't see how it even remotely proves anything like that.

I understand my personal experience is no proof to you... but I never claimed to provide YOU with proof... only to present proof.

You never claimed that you will provide or present me or any individual any proof but you did claim to all readers that its proof of this or that, you just didn't claim to provide proof to any individual.

Which is why the entire world turns on a timetable marked by his birth... most of whom HATE him and deny him at every turn.

More that half the world believe in Jesus to be a very important figure in this existence.

Who are the "most" that hate him?

Now... my atheist friends... commence the trolling

So you create a troll thread?

Seriously what is the point?

If this is your attitude and you are already concerned other have different beliefs what is the point of wasting your breath or wasting space in the internet world?

It was never a name but a descriptive term.

And seeing as NEITHER saving or redemption or victory occurred...we know the battles continue because of the epic failure.

Will not fail again...no MERCY THIS TIME.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I get what you are saying, but ALOT of those stories DO have a reason...

And the debunking is easily debunked as well.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Look up the word "conjecture".

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join