It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Absolute Proof Jesus Christ is God

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: StandingTallForChrist

4) He appeared to me supernaturally 11 years ago, when I was an arrogant atheist. The light shined so brightly, yet there was no source... it was a room, with no windows, no light source... the most beautiful sight... but I digress. I understand my personal experience is no proof to you... but I never claimed to provide YOU with proof... only to present proof.

Was this light preceded by a morning woodrose tea? I personally spoke to God after drinking woodrose tea and it made me an even better Christian back in the day. Years removed and years of personal study not being led by other men's opinions and I now have discarded the given faith of my childhood.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: mytquin

In other words, "It's never directly said so we have to interpret vague phrases in specific ways in order to get the desired results". It seems that every religion has people who do that, hence why there are so many denominations with so many differing views, even if they follow the same book(s).

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
God: Insight, Volume 1

Anything that is worshiped can be termed a god, inasmuch as the worshiper attributes to it might greater than his own and venerates it. A person can even let his belly be a god. (Ro 16:18; Php 3:18, 19) The Bible makes mention of many gods (Ps 86:8; 1Co 8:5, 6), but it shows that the gods of the nations are valueless gods.—Ps 96:5; see GODS AND GODDESSES.

Hebrew Terms. Among the Hebrew words that are translated “God” is ʼEl, probably meaning “Mighty One; Strong One.” (Ge 14:18) It is used with reference to Jehovah, to other gods, and to men. It is also used extensively in the makeup of proper names, such as Elisha (meaning “God Is Salvation”) and Michael (“Who Is Like God?”). In some places ʼEl appears with the definite article (ha·ʼElʹ, literally, “the God”) with reference to Jehovah, thereby distinguishing him from other gods.—Ge 46:3; 2Sa 22:31; see NW appendix, p. 1567.

At Isaiah 9:6 Jesus Christ is prophetically called ʼEl Gib·bohrʹ, “Mighty God” (not ʼEl Shad·daiʹ [God Almighty], which is applied to Jehovah at Genesis 17:1).

The plural form, ʼe·limʹ, is used when referring to other gods, such as at Exodus 15:11 (“gods”). It is also used as the plural of majesty and excellence, as in Psalm 89:6: “Who can resemble Jehovah among the sons of God [bi·venehʹ ʼE·limʹ]?” That the plural form is used to denote a single individual here and in a number of other places is supported by the translation of ʼE·limʹ by the singular form The·osʹ in the Greek Septuagint; likewise by Deus in the Latin Vulgate.

The Hebrew word ʼelo·himʹ (gods) appears to be from a root meaning “be strong.” ʼElo·himʹ is the plural of ʼelohʹah (god). Sometimes this plural refers to a number of gods (Ge 31:30, 32; 35:2), but more often it is used as a plural of majesty, dignity, or excellence. ʼElo·himʹ is used in the Scriptures with reference to Jehovah himself, to angels, to idol gods (singular and plural), and to men.

When applying to Jehovah, ʼElo·himʹ is used as a plural of majesty, dignity, or excellence. (Ge 1:1) Regarding this, Aaron Ember wrote: “That the language of the O[ld] T[estament] has entirely given up the idea of plurality in . . . [ʼElo·himʹ] (as applied to the God of Israel) is especially shown by the fact that it is almost invariably construed with a singular verbal predicate, and takes a singular adjectival attribute. . . . [ʼElo·himʹ] must rather be explained as an intensive plural, denoting greatness and majesty, being equal to The Great God.”—The American Journal of Semitic Languages and Literatures, Vol. XXI, 1905, p. 208.

The title ʼElo·himʹ draws attention to Jehovah’s strength as the Creator. It appears 35 times by itself in the account of creation, and every time the verb describing what he said and did is in the singular number. (Ge 1:1–2:4) In him resides the sum and substance of infinite forces.

At Psalm 8:5, the angels are also referred to as ʼelo·himʹ, as is confirmed by Paul’s quotation of the passage at Hebrews 2:6-8. They are called benehʹ ha·ʼElo·himʹ, “sons of God” (KJ); “sons of the true God” (NW), at Genesis 6:2, 4; Job 1:6; 2:1. Lexicon in Veteris Testamenti Libros, by Koehler and Baumgartner (1958), page 134, says: “(individual) divine beings, gods.” And page 51 says: “the (single) gods,” and it cites Genesis 6:2; Job 1:6; 2:1; 38:7. Hence, at Psalm 8:5 ʼelo·himʹ is rendered “angels” (LXX); “godlike ones” (NW).

The word ʼelo·himʹ is also used when referring to idol gods. Sometimes this plural form means simply “gods.” (Ex 12:12; 20:23) At other times it is the plural of excellence and only one god (or goddess) is referred to. However, these gods were clearly not trinities.—1Sa 5:7b (Dagon); 1Ki 11:5 (“goddess” Ashtoreth); Da 1:2b (Marduk).

At Psalm 82:1, 6, ʼelo·himʹ is used of men, human judges in Israel. Jesus quoted from this Psalm at John 10:34, 35. They were gods in their capacity as representatives of and spokesmen for Jehovah. Similarly Moses was told that he was to serve as “God” to Aaron and to Pharaoh.—Ex 4:16, ftn; 7:1.

In many places in the Scriptures ʼElo·himʹ is also found preceded by the definite article ha. (Ge 5:22) Concerning the use of ha·ʼElo·himʹ, F. Zorell says: “In the Holy Scriptures especially the one true God, Jahve, is designated by this word; . . . ‘Jahve is the [one true] God’ De 4:35; 4:39; Jos 22:34; 2Sa 7:28; 1Ki 8:60 etc.”—Lexicon Hebraicum Veteris Testamenti, Rome, 1984, p. 54; brackets his.

The Greek Term. The usual Greek equivalent of ʼEl and ʼElo·himʹ in the Septuagint translation and the word for “God” or “god” in the Christian Greek Scriptures is the·osʹ.

The True God Jehovah. The true God is not a nameless God. His name is Jehovah.

Caveat regarding the ending of the video above: it's not just or only when he "is in the presence of..." (not sure why he's adding that; perhaps he was thinking of John 1:1a).
"and the Word was a god"
edit on 9-8-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: StandingTallForChrist
4) He appeared to me supernaturally 11 years ago, when I was an arrogant atheist. The light shined so brightly, yet there was no source... it was a room, with no windows, no light source... the most beautiful sight... but I digress.

14 And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps disguising himself as an angel of light. 15 It is therefore nothing extraordinary if his ministers also keep disguising themselves as ministers of righteousness. But their end will be according to their works. (2 Corinthians 11:14,15)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: mytquin
Ok, just one more example of the Trinity given in the Bible.

John 14:23, "Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word, and My Father will love him, and WE will come to him, and make OUR abode with him." So here you have God the Father and God the Son who will make their abode with them and no mention of the Holy Spirit until vs26, "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, WHOM THE FATHER WILL SEND in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you."

Except that for anyone who is not motivated to read a Trinity or Triune God into that text (eisegesis) it's clear that Jesus is making a distinction between himself and HIS Father as another* individual. As he does throughout his teachings. And there's still no mention of the term "God the Son" (in the entire bible for that matter, but your claim was regarding John 14:23).

*: We | Define We at Dictionary.com

2. (used to denote oneself and another or others):

You did capitalize the right words there, it's just not getting through (the barrier described at Acts 7:51 for example).
edit on 9-8-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

I guess you missed my post regarding Hebrews 1:8...God the Father is speaking to Jesus and actually addresses Jesus as God...

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: SweatyChestnuts
The question that stumps any religious nut...
Why does God let children get raped?

2 Corinthians 4:4New Living Translation (NLT)

4 Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don’t understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.

According to this verse and others like it, God has allowed Satan to rule this world...at least until the appointed time.
And it's no wonder, seeing as how our world wants nothing to do with God...well at least until it benefits us.
Have you ever heard the phrase, " There are no atheists in a fox hole." ?
Meaning even an atheist will pray to God when faced with a life and death situation.

Oh, and by the way...I'll make a guess that you bask in your self-righteous liberal leftist views in which you also claim to be "tolerant"...lol...you lunatic leftists are the first to become nasty and call people names at the first sign that someone doesn't agree with your views. Cracks me up!

edit on Aug1731q000000108 by mytquin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I'd be interested in hearing about your personal experience, if you are willing to share. In a PM is fine, if you prefer. That light, I know!

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Just a little off topic comment,...I see you are a fan of Marc Singer. One of my all-time favorite actors. Have you ever seen The Beastmaster. As a young teenager, I loved that movie!
...back to our regularly scheduled programming...

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
OP has one additional reply (and a throw away trolling comment) in their own thread, and seems to have abandoned it...

The conviction (insecurity) is strong in this one...

Classic troll...

Weak...
edit on 9-8-2017 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: puzzlesphere

I prayed to merciful Cthulhu to eat the Original Poster.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I have one question for you though. If you think the Prophet Jesus is God Himself, does this mean you also think he's the one who created the Universe, created the Prophet Adam & Eve, warned the Prophet Noah of the flood, gave miracles to multiple Prophets like Moses, supposedly ordered the Israelites to slay numerous enemy tribes in the Old Testament, etc?

!1) No He was not The Most High. !2) No He did not create anything. -- (3) No He did not create the universe -- (4) No He did not create Adam and Eve --(5) No did not warn Noah of the coming flood. -- (6) No He gave no miracles to Moses -- (7) No He did not order Israelites to slay anyone.

Jesus did nothing of these things that you have mentioned. Jesus was/is the begotten Son of God but did nothing of these things you mentioned as He was Jesus. As He was Jesus, He was flesh and the Begotten Son of God as well as the Begotten Son of man.

BUT: Before Jesus was Jesus He was the Logos/Word of The Most High and being The Begotten of God was the Creator or celestial physicality of Spirit God. That is the Christianity of which you are not privy to.

The question should be stated
I have one question for you though. If you think the Logos/Word is God Himself, does this mean you also think he's the one who created the Universe, created the Prophet Adam & Eve, warned the Prophet Noah of the flood, gave miracles to multiple Prophets like Moses, supposedly ordered the Israelites to slay numerous enemy tribes in the Old Testament, etc?

Then the answer would be Yes that is Christianity.

Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us [both He and His Begotten Son] make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

That is the difference in Terrestrial and Celestial --

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

Now wait a second. The person I'm responding to said in the OP that the Prophet Jesus was God Himself. He said it in the thread title, then right here in the OP:

Here is the absolute proof that Jesus Christ IS GOD.

And right here:

He lived just 33 years, the last few making claims of his Godhood.

And then here:

Jesus Christ lives and He IS God.

He didn't say anything about him "being the Word". So no, I asked the correct question & stated it exactly as I meant it. Also, your view is only one of Christianity's views on him. Some don't believe he is the Word at all and don't preach anything like that.
edit on 9-8-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I believe Jesus is God because he changed my life, answered and still answering many prayers made to him, and the fact that the Preserved Word of God the Holy Bible says he is God. Not "a god" but the LORD God Almighty, the Alpha and Omega, the creator of this earth (much older than 5777 years), and latter made the flooded surface of the earth (Gen 1:2)habitable for his crowning creation Man about 5777 years ago (Gen 1:3-31).

He was and is and is to come.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ReyaPhemhurth

Proof of the existence of Jesus Christ and his miracles was recorded by many historians, including pagan Roman historians. Even Jewish scholars admit Jesus did exist and everything that was said of him happened. The Romans thought Jesus was a magician, but the Romans (pagans) and the Jewish people back then, those that didn't convert, hated Jesus and made mockery of him just like many atheists do these days.

Even when evidence that proves of his existence has been shown in these forums many atheist proclaim "that's not proof, or it can't be corroborated" even thou unbiased scholars all say that Jesus Christ did exist, that he did miracles and had many followers and was sentenced to death and crucified.

i made a thread about some of the evidence that corroborates that Jesus Christ did exist after watching too many times atheists in the forums claim "there is not proof Jesus existed". Of course those same atheists kept making up more excuses to dismiss/deny the information claiming "they could be talking about another Jesus, even though the scholars explained that he had a large sect of followers called Christians after his name"...

Here is a link to that thread for those who missed it.

Is there evidence that Jesus Christ existed? Yes, there is.

edit on 9-8-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

That would be real cool if there was one lick of evidence that Jesus even was a real person. Except for that, great post.

Denny

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DaCook

There were many historians, including pagans, as well as Jewish scholars who left evidence in their writings that Jesus Christ did exist, that he had a large following called "Christians" after his name, that he was a magician and was executed under orders of Pontius Pilatus.

For example.

Publius Cornelius Tacitus was a Roman historian and Senator who detested both Christians and Jews. He wrote a series of books named "the Annals" which dealt mainly with the fire that nearly burned all of Rome in 64 AD.

In book 15 chapter 44 Tacitus wrote:

In his Annals, Tacitus tells of a fire that swept through Rome in the 60s, for which some were blaming Nero himself...

Consequently, to get rid of the report, Nero fastened the guilt and inflicted the most exquisite tortures on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judaea, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome, where all things hideous and shameful from every part of the world find their centre and become popular. Accordingly, an arrest was first made of all who pleaded guilty; then, upon their information, an immense multitude was convicted, not so much of the crime of firing the city, as of hatred against mankind. Mockery of every sort was added to their deaths. Covered with the skins of beasts, they were torn by dogs and perished, or were nailed to crosses, or were doomed to the flames and burnt, to serve as a nightly illumination, when daylight had expired.

www.mesacc.edu...

For a long time historians also thought that Pontius Pilatus did not exist, until evidence was found that he did indeed exist.

edit on 9-8-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Just a little off topic comment,...I see you are a fan of Marc Singer. One of my all-time favorite actors. Have you ever seen The Beastmaster. As a young teenager, I loved that movie!

V is one of my favorites series. These days the reptiles remind me of democrats/leftists sin general. They promised "to cure everyone and health care for everyone". They promised to share their technology for the greater good of mankind, etc, etc. Meanwhile plotting to destroy mankind, and to get one of the most precious resource on Earth "water", meanwhile treating humans as a food source, and oppressing any dissenting voices of the ideals of the Vs.

edit on 9-8-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Haha, you mock yourself and Christianity, you will burn for that. This is the problem with religion, Christianity has been twisted up by so many churches and tainted by people taking out whatever rules they like to suit their own sect within Christianity. The calendar you speak of being one of those things, it was reformed from the Julian calendar in 1582 because of the solstice etc. So you are preaching about people following all these fake calendars but you are doing the same, Jesus wouldn't have followed that calendar as it did not exists, so you will burn for that too. You are trying to add and take away certain things from Christianity to aid in the creation of your own sect from what i can see, you will burn for that too.

Have fun.

edit on 9-8-2017 by LordOfDestruction because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   

But of course! He was a real cutie then, eh?? Love that movie, and the V series as well.

Back on topic, what did you think of the OP's premise?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join