It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Absolute Proof Jesus Christ is God

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Oooooh. So it's ok because it was done at the time?

My your god is special. Swaps and changes with what man thinks is right. I wonder why that could be.

Not really. Weren't you one of the people claiming that there were Christians who had slaves in the late 1400s-1700s?

The changes were done by Jesus Christ, not by man. There have been injustices committed by Christians for example through the Dark Ages even though Jesus Christ told them otherwise. It is also true that during those times, the Dark Ages, regular people were not allowed to read the bible, and many were illiterate. That wasn't an order from Jesus Christ or from God, but a decision made by greedy men.

But then again, and as I have already said the same can be said of atheists, and people who follow other religions. You will find all sorts of people in every walk of life.

edit on 14-8-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
Weren't you one of the people claiming that there were Christians who had slaves in the late 1400s-1700s?

There were Christians who owned slaves up until May 9th, 1865.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Oooooh. So it's ok because it was done at the time?

My your god is special. Swaps and changes with what man thinks is right. I wonder why that could be.

Not really. Weren't you one of the people claiming that there were Christians who had slaves in the late 1400s-1700s?
No. you accused AM of that. I guess you can't keep up with who you're angry at.

The changes were done by Jesus Christ, not by man.
Were they? That was clever considering (if he existed) he died over a millennia and a half before slavery was abolished.

There have been injustices committed by Christians for example through the Dark Ages even though Jesus Christ told them otherwise. It is also true that during those times, the Dark Ages, regular people were not allowed to read the bible, and many were illiterate. That wasn't an order from Jesus Christ or from God, but a decision made by greedy men.
So people weren't allowed to read? I thought it was because they couldn't read. You wouldn't be making stuff up to justify the hypocrisy in a fairy tale, would you?

But then again, and as I have already said the same can be said of atheists, and people who follow other religions.

I think you mean people in general. People like to control things, including other people. What better way than say god wants people to be slaves?
edit on 1482017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

No. you accused AM of that. I guess you can't keep up with who you're angry at.

Me angry?... If i was angry I would easily make fun of your posts, and threads. More so when the pinnacle of your threads is about "going shopping with your bestest friend'. in that post you sound as giddy as a teenage girl going shopping for the first time.

Perhaps your anger comes from keeping locked up that "giddy teenage girl that wants to come out"? Maybe if you open up "to that little girl inside you" you'll be less angry and less likely to troll other people's threads and posts?

See how easy I could "troll your posts and threads"? But it isn't me trolling your posts, and threads, it is you trolling posts and threads of mine making the most idiotic claims imaginable, and helping to derail threads so they are closed down.

edit on 14-8-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

So you can't address what I've said from YOUR OWN BOOK, that you have to start with the mocking?

How very Christian of you. I'm sure your god would be super proud.

But it's ok to hate and be angry because the bible allows it. Just like slavery.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

So people weren't allowed to read? I thought it was because they couldn't read. You wouldn't be making stuff up to justify the hypocrisy in a fairy tale, would you?

There are plenty of sources that go into this fact, including left-wing sources like the huff.

Why Christians Were Denied Access to Their Bible for 1,000 Years
By Bernard Starr
That’s not what happened. The Church actually discouraged the populace from reading the Bible on their own — a policy that intensified through the Middle Ages and later, with the addition of a prohibition forbidding translation of the Bible into native languages.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
edited for double post.
edit on 14-8-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: edited for double post.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

First of all, it wasn't I who started with the mocking. Second of all, I stated that "i could easily make fun of your posts and threads, and made an example of what I could do, but that it was you doing this"...

it isn't me going after your threads and posts and trying to derail them, it is you doing that. Yet you want to claim I am the angry one. lol

Once again trying to take comments out of context huh?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Can you not read the source? It says

with the addition of a prohibition forbidding translation of the Bible into native languages.

So they had the choice to learn another language.

But now you're distracting from your lack of ability to counter your own book about slavery.

Is that what they teach you lot now? If you can't stick up for your book, change the subject?

I guess thinking for yourself is too hard once you're indoctrinated.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Oh, and BTW, about your claim that "this is a fairy tale". Is that why historians and scholars, even pagan ones wrote about it as if it had happened? Because it was a fairy tale? Naa, rather, it is people like you who can't admit the truth, hence you make claims that "it was a fairy tale".

Why would other Roman-pagan historians try to mock the birth of Jesus Christ by claiming Mary was raped by a Roman soldier?... i guess the mocking was done because "it was all a fairy tale".

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

It was my doing that you can't defend your own book about slavery and got angry?

I think you'll find you did that all by yourself. Maybe god helped you, the angry thing that it is (if it exists).

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Oh, and BTW, about your claim that "this is a fairy tale". Is that why historians and scholars wrote about it as if it had happened? Because it was a fairy tale? Naa, rather, it is people like you who can't admit the truth, hence you make claims that "it was a fairy tale".

I can't admit Little Red Riding Hood or Cinderella is the truth either.

Doesn't make it real.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

So posting facts that contradict your false claims = being angry?... You are the one trying to claim I am angry, yet again, I am not going after your posts and threads making idiotic claims and trying to derail and close threads of yours... if you want to find anger, look in a mirror.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

So posting facts that contradict your false claims = being angry?... You are the one trying to claim I am angry, yet again, I am not going after your posts and threads making idiotic claims and trying to derail and close threads of yours... if you want to find anger, look in a mirror.

You haven't posted anything to contradict what I typed. Your opinion and out of context angry ramblings don't count.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I can't admit Little Red Riding Hood or Cinderella is the truth either.

Doesn't make it real.

Those were stories not written by historians and scholars... Those are fairy tales. Roman-pagan, and even Jewish historians and scholars admitted that Jesus Christ did exist.

Even the most ardent opponents of Christianity admitted to the fact that Jesus Christ existed. But people like you want to claim "it was a fairy tale" simply because you don't want to accept it as fact. Are you that afraid?

Perhaps you should look inside and find out why you get so angry, and why you continue to adamantly try to claim "this is a fairy tale", when the enemies of Christianity admitted that it was true.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

And there's historians that say Jesus of Nazareth never existed. I fail to see how any of that is relevant to your special book allowing slavery.

Oh that's right, it's not. You just can't argue against it so you change the subject and get angrier.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
How about Christians and slavery pre-civil war? LINK

Largely comprised of slaveholders, the gathering at the First Baptist Church of Augusta, Georgia, in May 1845 publicly endorsed the peculiar institution. Slavery was biblical, abolition sinful. Baptists of the North were wrong to oppose slavery.

Say it isn't so?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

The mental gymnastics those scumbags performed to justify their stances are unsupportable.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The mental gymnastics those scumbags performed to justify their stances are unsupportable.

I'm sure there's SOME that will justify it though. After all, it's ok according to the bible. Because, and I quote..LINK

Slave societies, by way of contrast, maintained a caste system that kept inferior humans in check.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Here's the two winners I posted earlier:

"All servants not being Christians, imported into this colony by shipping, shall be slaves for their lives." - Official Act of the Colony of Virginia, 1670.

"Jesus Christ recognized this (i.e. slavery) institution as one that was lawful among men, and regulated its relative duties. ... I affirm then, first (and no man denies) that Jesus Christ has not abolished slavery by a prohibitory command; and second, I affirm, he has introduced no new moral principle which can work its destruction." - Reverend Thomas Stringfellow, A Scriptural View of Slavery.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join