It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Absolute Proof Jesus Christ is God

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Ah the name calling.

It's not name calling, when it is the truth...

It's fun watching you religious apologists squirm and get angry though. Especially when proven wrong.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Leviticus, Exodus, among some others are part of the Old testament. The Old Testament is part of the Christian bible, but it was the rules of the Jewish people. it wasn't the rules of Christianity. Jesus Christ came to redeem mankind, but he also changed a lot of rules that the Jewish people had. It is why it is called Christianity.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Leviticus, Exodus, among some others are part of the Old testament. The Old Testament is part of the Christian bible, but it was the rules of the Jewish people. it wasn't the rules of Christianity. Jesus Christ came to redeem mankind, but he also changed a lot of rules that the Jewish people had. It is why it is called Christianity.

Hang on.

You just used it to try to disprove slavery in the bible, but now it's not relevant because it's Old Testament?

And you say I twist things?

LOL
edit on 1682017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Yeah, you do... First your goal post was to deny every historian, even pagan historians, that proved that Jesus Christ did exist... Then you, among other atheists, changed the goal post to claim Christians at the time of Christ owned slaves... Which you did not prove...

Now you, and other atheists, changed again the goal post to claim God favors slavery... and again you claim so did Christianity even though you excerpted Old Testament books, which were books of the Jewish Torah.

Perhaps I should respond to the fact that the most atheist nations had/have whole countries of people as slaves... Communism, as it was written originally by Marx, and even with the changes done by Lenin, or other atheist powerful figures, made slaves of everyone.

Since atheist institutions convert all people in a nation into slaves, then atheism=slavery.

edit on 16-8-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Poor angry Christian can't prove the atheist wrong so has to keep on ranting.

Here's an idea for you. Learn your book before you make stupid comments like it doesn't condone slavery LOL.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Poor atheist, he can't reconcile with the fact that Jesus Christ existed. So he, and his atheist friends have to keep on changing goal posts... Then when it is proven that atheist belief leads to the enslavement of whole nations, he attacks a Christian.

Here's an idea for. Before you claim Christianity condones slavery learn the difference between Jewish belief, and Christian belief. Second, if you are going to claim that Christianity = slavery, look at the history of your own atheist ideals which led to the enslavement of whole nations. Here is the pot calling the kettle.

edit on 16-8-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I understand that the Old Testament is not "Christian", per say. But, you presented Exodus 21:16 as evidence against biblical regulations of slavery, so I just presented another verse from the same chapter to counter.

It's arguable, because Jesus said he wasn't about changing one "jot" of the law, but others claim he brought in a New Covenant.

However, Christians were still subject to slavery and also practiced "people ownership" themselves for a long time, citing biblical justification.

The bottom line here is, if Jesus Christ, real or not, wanted the world to know for sure he was a real person AND that he was God, there would not be a question of proof, everyone would know and believe. But, it's not that way, so Christianity is based on faith, not fact, and it seems that Jesus Christ, if real, wants it that way.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

I've already proven the bible condones slavery. So have others. You just ignore it and take it out of context so you don't have to admit it.

And then you get all angry. But that's ok. Your god was an angry and allowed slavery, so you should be able to as well.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Again, how could Christians call for the enslavement of other people when they were a persecuted people who had to go underground?

Not to mention that slavery was being used by the Roman pagans as part of the economy of the time. The Hebrew people, and the Christians had to abide by pagan Roman rule.

Then Jesus said to them, "Give back to Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's." And they were amazed at him.

biblehub.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

All you have proven is that you keep changing goal posts when you keep losing an argument. Not to mention that you keep on trying to ignore the fact that "atheist belief" has enslaved whole nations.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I think you'll find, over the past few pages, there are quotes from YOUR BOOK that quite clearly condones slavery.

You'll also find there wells a link to CHRISTIANS condoning slavery in the 1800s.

But you keep on getting angry. It just shows how much of a real Christian you really are. Sorry, Paulian.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Again, how could Christians call for the enslavement of other people when they were a persecuted people who had to go underground?

Right? One would think. But, it's not like Christiandom hasn't it's share of hypocrisy, right? There were plenty of Christian slave owners in the original 13 Colonies and then the United States of America.

Not to mention that slavery was being used by the Roman pagans as part of the economy of the time. The Hebrew people, and the Christians had to abide by pagan Roman rule.

And, they still do.

Romans 13 
Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

All you have proven is that you keep changing goal posts when you keep losing an argument. Not to mention that you keep on trying to ignore the fact that "atheist belief" has enslaved whole nations.

Here are the goalposts:

[ The bible is clear that god regulates slaves and slavery, any sort of biblical scholar is aware of this and some merely ignore it because it's uncomfortable. You do not believe this to be the case even though your holy book has it right there in black and white. If you need a distraction from this absurdity, feel free to prove your god exists because since you're asking for proof of things I think we ought to get the that dealt with first.]

Those are the goal posts.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   

How could Christians call for slavery?... Because being persecuted, a minority or underground doesn't exclude one from subjugating those that are perceived lower than themselves. The question is a diversion because it's positing a false negative.

Whether Jesus Christ existed or not is irrelevant to whether the Bible condones slavery. Also whether the Bible itself denounces slavery in some parts doesn't alter the fact that other parts of the bible do condone slavery.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   
17 Pages and this delusional religious troll hasn't provided the "absolute proof jesus christ is god" the thread title claims exists.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: StandingTallForChrist
Jesus was a poor carpenter who grew up in a predominantly illiterate and tiny corner of the world. He lived just 33 years, the last few making claims of his Godhood. Which ultimately lead to his death. He was not a general, or dictator or ruler or king or president... he was a simple and humble servant.

The simple fact we are still talking about Jesus is something of proof, ofcourse there are lots of famous people in history. But what sets Jesus apart is Gods plan, which leads to space exploration and technology, curing of disease, making life better for everyone. God wants humanity to exist forever, to go to other planets and start colonies, theoretically we might be able to move to other planets before our sun fades away and life ends on our planet someday. Humans get distracted though and get lost along the way delaying Gods plan, like warfare even if it appeared unavoidable, we don't have all the answers yet or a convincing enough person to talk everyone out of war, conflicts and misery but we got the resources and technology.

1) What year is it? 2017. It is 2017 to EVERYONE on Earth. Every check or document you sign atheist or theist is dated 2017. That is precisely 2017 years since the birth of Jesus Christ. This fact must REALLY get the goats of all those Atheists who have to acknowledge the year in which we live... maybe they could file a federal lawsuit!

Time protocols are very important, essential to the internet and computing, science in general. There are many servers to synchronize computer clocks which all is connected to atomic time devices. It might have been any other calendar or time system which would have worked also, but it didn't turn out like that.

4) He appeared to me supernaturally 11 years ago, when I was an arrogant atheist. The light shined so brightly, yet there was no source... it was a room, with no windows, no light source... the most beautiful sight... but I digress. I understand my personal experience is no proof to you... but I never claimed to provide YOU with proof... only to present proof.

There's nothing supernatural about Jesus' appearing, or God granting you some vision to strengthen your faith, the mind is a natural thing even if it appears to produce something not mundane.

Jesus Christ lives and He IS God.

Which is why the entire world turns on a timetable marked by his birth... most of whom HATE him and deny him at every turn.
He is coming, there is still time to change your heart.

Now... my atheist friends... commence the trolling

I rather believe Jesus exists in Heaven but like all celebrities he is unreachable to you or I. He was contacted by God but is not God. I'm still exploring my faith. I can't imagine God, just that he represents everything that is good and whenever I begin to feel like darkness has entered my life somehow I think of God and it goes away. When I used to stray I didn't have that and I suffered because of all kinds of depressing thoughts, so that is my simple personal proof.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Personally, I feel like no one on this planet really KNOWS anything about where we came from. Therefore we will never be able to fully prove it. So rather than share my proof, I want to share my perspective and belief. Please don't attack me because you don't agree.
I believe that there is a god and that he reaches out to us in various ways. He is so infinite and difficult to understand that the world has struggled to define him in various ways (hints all these different religions). I don't personally think one is more wrong or right than the other. Each religion or non religion can allow us to better understand where we came from. The bible was no doubt written by man and in man's perspective. By that logic, I do believe that it is flawed. However, if the bible can help bring you closer to understanding our world and where we came from great. If not great. I feel like there is not one clear cut way to approach god. We are all different and have different ways of accessing god. For me, the bible isn't the way because I have difficulty putting faith in something so very tampered with. Meditation and prayer is my way. :up

edit on 17-8-2017 by Lynette13 because: Correction!

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   

There were dark times in Christianity... What you, among many other atheists can't get is that the Christians had to live by the rules of the pagan Romans. There is a dark history among Christian groups in the past. The inquisition for example.

You also ignore that many Christians, such as Thomas Jefferson tried to bring to light the fact that slavery was just evil.

But guess what, your ideology, atheism, has also caused a lot of dark episodes in the history of mankind. Over 110-150 million people were massacred under the thumb of magnanimous atheists such as yourself. How many millions of people were incarcerated by communist atheists for being religious?... To this day there are atheist regimes, such as China which to this day imprisons people and oppresses them for being religious. But you obviously have a double standard you don't want to admit to. Because your ideals time and again have led to the most oppressive regimes mankind has ever known in the 19th-21st century.

One such dark episodes was brought by atheists who were all leftists in Spain in 1936. The Red terror, in which leftwing atheist groups massacred over from 38,000 to 72,344 people for being Christians, or for being capitalists. About 7,000 of those people murdered by left-wing atheists in the summer of 1936 were catholic priests.

But let's look at today... Once again atheist leftists want to oppress people by ruling the decisions that religious groups can have... Heck, white Christians are all being labeled as "racists" by left-wing atheists. But of course, atheist like yourself ignore what is happening to this day.

edit on 18-8-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   

So now you agree that Christians kept slaves and slavery is condoned in the bible.

As for the rest? I tend not to respond to angry rantings when they're changing goalposts.
edit on 1882017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: StandingTallForChrist

most of whom HATE him and deny him

How can one hate someone/thing that one does not have incontrovertible proof as to its existence or importance?

wiki

absolute
noun
PHILOSOPHY 1. a value or principle which is regarded as universally valid or which may be viewed without relation to other things

Now... my atheist friends... commence the trolling

A wise man once said judge not lest ye be judged as well OR put at another way "let he who is without guilt cast the first stone"

Or put another way - go away, there's been another 1000 threads on ATS just like your's.

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join