It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Absolute Proof Jesus Christ is God

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena
a reply to: Jim Scott

I agree that He appeared to you, because He appeared to me and many others, also.

What style of hat does he wear. Did you consult with these many others to confirm his hat style?

Indeed! Was it a turban or a mitre? One must test the Spirits!

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: pthena
a reply to: Jim Scott

I agree that He appeared to you, because He appeared to me and many others, also.

What style of hat does he wear. Did you consult with these many others to confirm his hat style?

Fez. Definitely a fez.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

The OP has written on another thread: baseball cap or derby throwback (perhaps a bowler).

Most people I've asked said, "No hat, the shining glow suffices."

I've got my own ideas but don't want to prejudice any one else's responses.

Edit to add:

Okay, here's a hint: it shows up in List of headgear
edit on 14-8-2017 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yet, here you are still ignoring the fact that atheists, and pagans have had slaves, and these days there are atheists and pagans who use human trafficking for their greed...

First of all, and in case you didn't know, God's people who were promised "the promised land" were all slaves... It is the reason why God's people left Egypt while being chased by the Egyptian army.

Second of all, back in the day there were no bankruptcy laws so people who couldn't pay their debts sold themselves as slaves to pay off their debts or to seek restitution if they were convicted thieves.

Third of all, in Genesis it is stated that in the view of God all men, and women were created in the image of God. Slavery was an invention of mankind.

edit on 14-8-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Problem is there isn't any documentation from "that time" anywhere aside from fragments... most dated to the second century... and literally nothing except a couple from the first century...

Sure, said movement was mentioned here and there in the early second century but... sadly theres nothing that confirms Jesus from the first

So, i am guessing you dismiss many of the writings about ancient prominent figures like Alexander the Great who had many of his achievements written many decades, and in other cases many centuries after his death?...

in fact, I have already pointed out that scholars used to believe that Pontius Pilate himself did not exist, because they couldn't find any evidence for his existance, until they found Pilate's stone.

edit on 14-8-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
Yet, here you are still ignoring the fact that atheists, and pagans have had slaves, and these days there are atheists and pagans who use human trafficking for their greed...

I don't care about Atheists and Pagans, the conversation I was having with the other poster, into which you interjected yourself, was about how Christianity prevented slavery. I showed him otherwise.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
I just don't understand why it's so hard for some people to admit what history so easily proves.

Because it makes them uncomfortable.

Not really... it is because people of other religions, and even atheists also have had slaves...

There were founding fathers of the United States who disagreed with slavery. As i have already mentioned Thomas Jefferson himself had drawn a draft for the Declaration of independence in which he wrote about the evils of slavery. The problem was that if that section had been kept in the Declaration of Independence there would have been colonies that wouldn't have agreed and would have broken their bond with the other colonies to seek independence. This would have meant that the United States would have remained colonies of England.

The same thing happened when Republicans tried to give women their emancipation in the 1800s allowing them to vote, but since they were already trying to give freedom to slaves it was thought best to wait a little longer and in a later date to give women their emancipation.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Not really... it is because people of other religions, and even atheists also have had slaves...

Who cares about other religions and Atheists? Once again, the conversation you interjected yourself into was about Christians owning slaves and their scriptural justification for this abhorrent practice.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Who cares about other religions and Atheists? Once again, the conversation you interjected yourself into was about Christians owning slaves and their scriptural justification for this abhorrent practice.

Except, as already mentioned the slaves were the Jewish people, the people of God... The mention in the bible about slaves not seeking revenge, and to obey their owners was meant for God's people who were slaves at the time... It wasn't an okay for God's people to keep slaves...

I am not justifying slavery... i am mentioning the fact that people like you love to twist what it actually says in the bible because you always take it out of context.

edit on 14-8-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Except, as already mentioned the slaves were the Jewish people, the people of God...

Except, since you're not paying attention, the slaves were Africans in the south.

If you're going to plough your way into a conversation at least have the tact to get yourself up to speed on what the other posters are discussing.

I am not justifying slavery... i am mentioning the fact that people like you love to twist what it actually says in the bible because you always take it out of context.

And since you really aren't paying attention the only Bible quotes being twisted were by the Christian slave owners I quoted. I offered no interpretation of Bible quotes. But nice try at making things up.

edit on 14-8-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer but at least he is not a religious nutter

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

The Bible also commanded the Hebrew people to make non-Hebrew slaves of the people in the cities that they overtook. The Bible condones slavery.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I don't care about Atheists and Pagans, the conversation I was having with the other poster, into which you interjected yourself, was about how Christianity prevented slavery. I showed him otherwise.

Of course you don't care because your argument is to claim that Christianity condones slavery. It was the Republicans who understood that in God's eyes all men and women were equal, which is why they fought so hard to abolish slavery. Even before slavery was completely abolished there were Republican cities who had already abolished slavery.

In fact Vermont was the first state in the world that abolished slavery in 1777.

CHRONOLOGY-Who banned slavery when?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

The Bible also commanded the Hebrew people to make non-Hebrew slaves of the people in the cities that they overtook. The Bible condones slavery.

Except that those laws were written when God's people were Jewish and not Christian is it not? In fact, in those days Christianity didn't exist.

Just to add for those people who don't know this, the Old Testament is the Hebrew/Jewish Tanakh.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Of course you don't care because your argument is to claim that Christianity condones slavery.

My argument, which was fairly simple, was to point out to the other poster that Christianity doesn't prevent slavery as he claimed.

You did notice him claim that before you interjected your over zealous ass into the conversation, right?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Of course you don't care because your argument is to claim that Christianity condones slavery.

My argument, which was fairly simple, was to point out to the other poster that Christianity doesn't prevent slavery as he claimed.

You did notice him claim that before you interjected your over zealous ass into the conversation, right?

Humm, since the other poster did not mention anything i did include my own thoughts. But perhaps if you don't want people to respond to your own posts you should take "your over zealous ass" out of "public discussion"?... Just saying...

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Except that those laws were written when God's people were Jewish and not Christian is it not? In fact, in those days Christianity didn't exist.

So? This is what you said: "Except, as already mentioned the slaves were the Jewish people, the people of God... The mention in the bible about slaves not seeking revenge, and to obey their owners was meant for God's people who were slaves at the time... It wasn't an okay for God's people to keep slaves... "

"God's people", whether Christians or not, were not forbidden by god or the Bible to take slaves, Hebrew, Christian or Pagan. It's a fallacy to suppose that the Christian god admonishes slavery, when in fact the Bible, old and new testaments, support it.

edit on 14-8-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I do find it incredibly ironic how left-wing posters are allowed to derail threads and posts, and thanks to that derailing many threads are closed by the mods without penalizing left-wingers who participate/ed in the derailing in the forums at all...

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

The Old Testament is included in the bible in a historical context. But again back then God's people were Jewish and Christianity didn't exist... Yet you among some others want to blame Christianity when in those days Christianity didn't exist.

Then again, even in the New Testament back then Christians were a persecuted people... How could a persecuted people own slaves?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Humm, since the other poster did not mention anything...

They didn't? Read carefully:

originally posted by: Iostsheep
Christianity here keeps things in check, like GMOs, vaccinations, slavery, corrupt leaders, world control. If it isn't Christian, it hasn't really produced any good fruit in society. It keeps man from doing whatever he feels like to you.

But perhaps if you don't want people to respond to your own posts you should take "your over zealous ass" out of "public discussion"?... Just saying...

I want people to respond to my posts in context which you are clearly not doing since you did not even bother to read what the other poster stated and instead felt the need to come in here with irrelevant claims about Atheists and other religions owning slaves. Context.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

I want people to respond to my posts in context which you are clearly not doing since you did not even bother to read what the other poster stated and instead felt the need to come in here with irrelevant claims about Atheists and other religions owning slaves. Context.

Ah, so you throw things out of context when it pleases you, such as disparaging comments about Christianity, yet at the same time you want to control how people respond to you... Classic response from certain groups...

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join