It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Absolute Proof Jesus Christ is God

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

The Old Testament is included in the bible in a historical context.

Are you saying the Old Testament isn't the word of God to Christians? What about the 10 Commandments, just historical background for Christianity?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
Ah, so you throw things out of context when it pleases you...

If they are out of context like yours, why not? Your points were wholly irrelevant to the conversation I was having with the other poster and his bizarro comments.

...such as disparaging comments about Christianity...

Don't feel bad, I make disparaging remarks about all religions.

...yet at the same time you want to control how people respond to you...

You'll get used to it. Or not.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Are you saying the Old Testament isn't the word of God to Christians? What about the 10 Commandments, just historical background for Christianity?

Christians didn't exist back then, so how could it be what God wanted Christians to follow when Christianity didn't exist?

Jewish people also follow the ten commandments along with the rest of the Torah. There is a reason why these religions are also called "Judeo-Christian".

Christians also follow some of what is written in the old Testament as stated by Jesus Christ. However, Christianity follows the New Testament more than following the Old Testament as commanded by the son of God.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

OK. I can play this game.

Christians and slavery:

Ephesians 6:8
Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ

1 Timothy 6:1
Let as many servants as are under the yoke count their own masters worthy of all honour, that the name of God and his doctrine be not blasphemed

Colossians 4:1
Masters, give unto your servants that which is just and equal; knowing that ye also have a Master in heaven

All from KJB. If you use AKJV, NIV, NLT, NASB, ISV and others, the word "servant" is replaced with "slave".

BTW, there are A LOT of other examples.
edit on 1482017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

My statements were out of context really?... It was you who tried to lay "slavery on Christianity", and it was you who took out of context what the bible has to say about slavery. Such as forgetting that the Jewish people were slaves of the Egyptians.

As for me getting used to you trying to control any responses that disagree with your views? Naa, i won't let you try to control me or my responses.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Thought I'd save the best for a separate post as it truly deserves it. Again, from KJB

Leviticus 25:44
Both thy bondmen, and thy bondmaids, which thou shalt have, shall be of the heathen that are round about you; of them shall ye buy bondmen and bondmaids

Leviticus 25:45
Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, and of their families that are with you, which they begat in your land: and they shall be your possession

Leviticus 25:46
And ye shall take them as an inheritance for your children after you, to inherit them for a possession; they shall be your bondmen for ever: but over your brethren the children of Israel, ye shall not rule one over another with rigour

So that slavery AND child trafficking and slavery.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

My statements were out of context really?

Very much so.

It was you who tried to lay "slavery on Christianity"...

In the United States it was very much a Christian-endorsed enterprise as the quotes I provided demonstrated.

...and it was you who took out of context what the bible has to say about slavery.

Actually my reading comprehension challenged friend, I didn't say anything about slavery, the jerk off slave owners I quoted where the ones running their mouths. Take it up with them when you see them in Heaven.

Such as forgetting that the Jewish people were slaves of the Egyptians.

Irrelevant to the conversation about slavery in the American South.

As for me getting used to you trying to control any responses that disagree with your views? Naa, i won't let you try to control me or my responses.

I already do control you, I am sending Masonic mind control microwaves right into your brain that are telling you to not read what anybody is discussing and to make non sequitur comments.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

And in what context was that written?... Any idea? or are you once again going to try to twist the meaning because you happen to be an atheist?

Please do tell us, how is it possible for a people who were being persecuted, had to go underground, and those who were caught were fed to lions, taunted and even crucified... How could those people own slaves?... You see, what you, among some others want to ignore is the fact that Jesus was telling his own people who were slaves not to raise their hands against their owners.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

So ignore what's written and put your own meaning to it?

How clear can it get? This...

Both thy bondmen, and thy bondmaids, which thou shalt have, shall be of the heathen that are round about you; of them shall ye buy bondmen and bondmaids

Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, and of their families that are with you, which they begat in your land: and they shall be your possession

And ye shall take them as an inheritance for your children after you, to inherit them for a possession; they shall be your bondmen for ever: but over your brethren the children of Israel, ye shall not rule one over another with rigour

...is about slavery. Only a blind man would argue otherwise.

Let me ask. Which bible version would you prefer? Just so I can get the relevant translations about slavery.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
edited for double post

edit on 14-8-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: edited for double post

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Just to show you how wrong you are here.

Exodus 21:16
Whoever steals a man and sells him, and anyone found in possession of him, shall be put to death.

The above reference/book is from the Old Testament...

Galatians 5:1
For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery.

The above reference/book is from the New Testament.

Jeremiah 22:13
Woe to him who builds his house by unrighteousness, and his upper rooms by injustice, who makes his neighbor serve him for nothing and does not give him his wages,

Isaiah 58:6
Is not this the fast that I choose: to loose the bonds of wickedness, to undo the straps of the yoke, to let the oppressed go free, and to break every yoke?

Like the above there are many other such references.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I just showed you parts of the New Testament that are ok with slavery. Are you just going to pretend they don't exist?

Bit hypocritical to ignore parts of your special book, isn't it?

It's starting to look like an atheist knows more about your book than you do. HILARIOUS!

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

So ignore what's written and put your own meaning to it?

How clear can it get? This...

...is about slavery. Only a blind man would argue otherwise.

Let me ask. Which bible version would you prefer? Just so I can get the relevant translations about slavery.

Again, as i have mentioned before those can be found in the Old Testament. Also, as i have mentioned back then there were no bankruptcy laws. The only recourse men, and women had to pay their debts unfortunately was to become slaves... I am not condoning slavery, but stating the facts about those times. If you also noticed from the other statements made in the Old Testament slaves were not to be treated unfairly, and the Old Testament also says slaves back then deserved proper wages. Back then Christianity did not exist... The old Testament is the Jewish Tanakh.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I just showed you parts of the New Testament that are ok with slavery. Are you just going to pretend they don't exist?

Bit hypocritical to ignore parts of your special book, isn't it?

It's starting to look like an atheist knows more about your book than you do. HILARIOUS!

Leviticus is not part of the New Testament, it is part of the Old Testament.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Oooooh. So it's ok because it was done at the time?

My your god is special. Swaps and changes with what man thinks is right. I wonder why that could be.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

HAHAHAHAHA! Talk about context! You are completely lacking in it!

"1 It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.
2  Mark my words! I, Paul, tell you that if you let yourselves be circumcised, Christ will be of no value to you at all. 3 Again I declare to every man who lets himself be circumcised that he is obligated to obey the whole law. "

Paul isn't talking about economic slavery! He's talking about slavery to Old Testament law. He's talking about how Christians who allow themselves to be circumcised lose the value of their salvation in Christ and are still slaves to the law.

Christians don't care about slavery, because they believe to suffer is divine and that all men choose to either be slaves to the LORD or slaves to Satan. A man cannot serve 2 masters. So, climb up on your cross, because there's no freedom from slavery in this life, according to Christian doctrine.

“In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.”

edit on 14-8-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
edited for double post.
edit on 14-8-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: edited for double post

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

My your god is special. Swaps and changes with what man thinks is right. I wonder why that could be.

Excuse me...where did I say it was okay?... Twisting again what people say because they are not atheists like yourself?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Are you using ESV? If so...

Colossians 4:1
Masters, treat your slaves justly and fairly, knowing that you also have a Master in heaven.

Oh look. More slavery.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Excuse me...where did I say it was okay?... Twisting again what people say because they are not atheists like yourself?

Yeah, you did. Stop fibbing like your god.

I am not condoning slavery, but stating the facts about those times.

I really don't have to twist anything. You say it all yourself and so does your special book.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join