It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Employee's Anti-Diversity Manifesto Goes 'Internally Viral' - LiveLeak Video shows Proof Goog

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Watch the video. You have had the whole thread to go over what the OP offered. You refused and now act like you want it.

Go over what was offered, and I will add more. You dont need more evidence. You need to go over what you REFUSED to even see.

Stop trolling like you admitted to

edit on 8 6 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Hmmm ... all I did was ask for some evidence for these extraordinary claims here in the discussion.

I still haven't seen any.

link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite debate will be enforced.
Community Announcement re: Decorum
Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

link   

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Did you state that the Google reaction to the court case brought by the US Department of Labor (regarding pay gaps at Google) justified this man's statements or not?

That's a straightforward question.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Mark Zuckerberg called on the need to consider universal basic income for Americans during his Harvard Commencement Speech. Zuckerberg's comments reflect those of other Silicon Valley bigwigs, including Sam Altman, the president of venture capital firm Y Combinator. "Every generation expands its definition of equality. Now it's time for our generation to define a new social contract," Zuckerberg said that, because he knew he had a safety net if projects like Facebook had failed, he was confident enough to continue on without fear of failing. Others, he said, such as children who need to support households instead of poking away on computers learning how to code, don't have the foundation Zuckerberg had. Universal basic income would provide that sort of cushion, Zuckerberg argued.
www.cnbc.com...

The slow progress reflects the knottiness of one of Silicon Valley’s most persistent problems: It’s too white.

“There are not a lot of people of color in the Valley—and that, by itself, makes it kind of unwelcoming”

"More than 20 percent of all black computer science graduates attended an historically black school, according to federal statistics—yet the Valley wasn’t looking for candidates at these institutions."

www.bloomberg.com...

As Donald Trump's shock election victory reverberated around Silicon Valley late on Tuesday night, some high-profile technologists were already calling for California to secede from the United States. The broader west coast is a stronghold for the Democrats, and significantly more politically progressive and racially diverse than large swathes of central U.S. California is also the biggest economy in the U.S. and the sixth largest in the world with a gross state product of $2.496 trillion for 2015, according to the IMF. The campaign for independence -- variously dubbed Calexit, Califrexit and Caleavefornia -- has been regarded as a fringe movement. But support was revitalized by influential Uber investor and Hyperloop co-founder Shervin Pishevar, in a series of tweets announcing his plans to fund a "legitimate campaign for California to become its own nation" -- posted even before the full results were in. A few hours later, Hillary Clinton conceded the election to Trump, and Pishevar told CNBC that he was serious about Calexit. "It's the most patriotic thing I can do," he said, adding that the resulting nation would be called New California.

"We can re-enter the union after California becomes a nation. As the sixth largest economy in the world, the economic engine of the nation and provider of a large percentage of the federal budget, California carries a lot of weight," he said. Pishevar was supported by others in Silicon Valley. Angel investor Jason Calacanis said that California succession would be simple in the wake of both Brexit and a Trump win. Evan Low, a Democrat serving in the California state assembly, said that he'd support the introduction of a bill to start the independence process. The proposal illustrates the technology industry's frustration with Trump over his repeated criticisms of Silicon Valley companies.

www.theguardian.com...

Silicon Valley is now mulling its responsibility to separate fact from propaganda and lies. Hillary Clinton was the choice of nearly every American newspaper editorial board. It didn’t matter. When it comes to influencing public opinion, the 2016 presidential election demonstrated with sobering effect the weakening role of traditional media and the ascendant power of social networks like Facebook. Forty-four percent of Americans get their news from Facebook, according to the Pew Research Center, filling a void left by the declining ranks of newspapers. By comparison, only 2 in 10 U.S. adults get news from print newspapers today. The consequences of Facebook’s growing sway became clear during an election cycle that saw the rise of partisan news, conspiracies, fake articles and a winning candidate who fully embraced social media as a way to circumvent the media establishment and its proclivity for checking facts.
www.providencejournal.com...

edit on 8 6 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Quoted for emphasis less sarcastically to avoid post removal.

I want to see some damn evidence too.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Can you explain how Calexit is related?

Because that's never happening.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: LooksLocked

You guys wanted evidence of a left leaning, progressive encouraged silicon valley.

If you cant see the link I cant inject common sense into you.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Excellent, some actual evidence.

I see that Zuckerberg is espousing what could be considered by some to be "extreme leftist" ideas, like a social safety net and equality. Can you show me where he said that only extreme leftist ideas were acceptable at Facebook?

Also, it seems that Christopher Gregory at Bloomberg has an issue with Silicon Valley hiring procedures. Can you show me where he claims that only "extreme leftist" ideas are acceptable at Google, Facebook, etc?

And from your Guardian article ... some people were upset by Mr. Trump's election and talked about succession. Interesting, how does it apply here?

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Outlier13

originally posted by: Outlier13
a reply to: theantediluvian

Your hyperventilation is next level. You will be a complete basket case by the end of 2020.

EDIT to add:

I read the manifesto and it's just a guy's opinions on how AA-like programs at Google to foster gender and racial diversity are harmful.

No, its the programs themselves can be harmful, not the actual having of programs. He wants programs, just ones he believes will be more effective.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Man, I have been searching but I can't find any lawsuits against google that they are discriminating in pay. The only lawsuits I can find is where the DOL is requesting payroll data.

www.dol.gov...

SAN FRANCISCO – The U.S. Department of Labor has filed a lawsuit to require Google Inc. to provide requested compensation data and documents for the multinational company’s Mountain View headquarters as part of a routine compliance evaluation.

Hmmm, it appears people could possibly be mistaken about the lawsuit and are trying to twist it to suit nefarious needs?

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: RomeByFire

Hmmm ... all I did was ask for some evidence for these extraordinary claims here in the discussion.

I still haven't seen any.

Because you are lying about the claims. The claims you want evidence for were never made. You quoted him saying biological differences may be behind women being less interested in tech jobs .. and asked why women should be treated poorly. As soon as you can quote your claim we will answer it.

link   

... and you added an article from the Providence Journal suggesting that many Americans get their news from social media and not so much from newspapers. Astounding.

Again, that's interesting, but how does it prove that Google, etc. only allow "extreme leftist" views?

link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: LooksLocked

You guys wanted evidence of a left leaning, progressive encouraged silicon valley.

If you cant see the link I cant inject common sense into you.

Guess you're going to need 2 injections of CS stat.

Excellent, some actual evidence.

I see that Zuckerberg is espousing what could be considered by some to be "extreme leftist" ideas, like a social safety net and equality. Can you show me where he said that only extreme leftist ideas were acceptable at Facebook?

Also, it seems that Christopher Gregory at Bloomberg has an issue with Silicon Valley hiring procedures. Can you show me where he claims that only "extreme leftist" ideas are acceptable at Google, Facebook, etc?

And from your Guardian article ... some people were upset by Mr. Trump's election and talked about succession. Interesting, how does it apply here?

(post by tadaman removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Did you state that the Google reaction to the court case brought by the US Department of Labor (regarding pay gaps at Google) justified this man's statements or not?

That's a straightforward question.

No, YOU talked about a lawsuit, not me.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Did you or did you not suggest that this man's "manifesto" addressed the Labor Department suit or not?

I'm not lying about anything ... I quoted you, the article, and your citation from Google.

Why can't you answer a simple question?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join