It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Employee's Anti-Diversity Manifesto Goes 'Internally Viral' - LiveLeak Video shows Proof Goog

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I'm still waiting for a statement from Google

Yawn. I already quoted them saying this person's opinion is not acceptable. Please go back and read again.

The statement that you cited doesn't say that, however, it says ...

I found that it advanced incorrect assumptions about gender.

So again, I put it to you. Does the fact that women are biologically different from men justify treating them differently?

Or not?

Seems like an easy question to answer.

Way to edit the quote. You missed a spot.

I'm not going to link to it here as it's not a viewpoint that I or this company endorses, promotes or encourages.

She wouldn't even link it because the viewpoint is so terrible and wrong.

As far as your question about biology, can you show me where he endorsed treating women differently or inferior based on biology?

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Holy cow, now the author is challenging one of the trinities of the liberal ideology 'we are all created the same'

Possible non-bias causes of the gender gap in tech [3]

At Google, we’re regularly told that implicit (unconscious) and explicit biases are holding women back in tech and leadership. Of course, men and women experience bias, tech, and the workplace differently and we should be cognizant of this, but it’s far from the whole story.

On average, men and women biologically differ in many ways. These differences aren’t just socially constructed because: They’re universal across human cultures

They often have clear biological causes and links to prenatal testosterone

Biological males that were castrated at birth and raised as females often still identify and act like males

The underlying traits are highly heritable

They’re exactly what we would predict from an evolutionary psychology perspective

It actually appears the author is open minded:

Neither side is 100% correct and both viewpoints are necessary for a functioning society or, in this case, company. A company too far to the right may be slow to react, overly hierarchical, and untrusting of others. In contrast, a company too far to the left will constantly be changing (deprecating much loved services), over diversify its interests (ignoring or being ashamed of its core business), and overly trust its employees and competitors.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
It actually appears the author is open minded:

Actual open mindedness is not allowed. Being open minded means do not question what you are told and think and do only what you are told is acceptable. I lived in MA for 30 years trying to have actual discussions on topics and it's simply not allowed, especially not in college.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
And from what I see, they approach the subject material in a very open way. I don't get the sense that they look down on anyone, but simply point out that we are all different.

Women on average show a higher interest in people and men in things We can make software engineering more people-oriented with pair programming and more collaboration. Unfortunately, there may be limits to how people-oriented certain roles and Google can be and we shouldn’t deceive ourselves or students into thinking otherwise (some of our programs to get female students into coding might be doing this).

Women on average are more cooperative

Allow those exhibiting cooperative behavior to thrive. Recent updates to Perf may be doing this to an extent, but maybe there’s more we can do. This doesn’t mean that we should remove all competitiveness from Google. Competitiveness and self reliance can be valuable traits and we shouldn’t necessarily disadvantage those that have them, like what’s been done in education. Women on average are more prone to anxiety. Make tech and leadership less stressful. Google already partly does this with its many stress reduction courses and benefits.

Women on average look for more work-life balance while men have a higher drive for status on average

Unfortunately, as long as tech and leadership remain high status, lucrative careers, men may disproportionately want to be in them. Allowing and truly endorsing (as part of our culture) part time work though can keep more women in tech.

The male gender role is currently inflexible

Feminism has made great progress in freeing women from the female gender role, but men are still very much tied to the male gender role. If we, as a society, allow men to be more “feminine,” then the gender gap will shrink, although probably because men will leave tech and leadership for traditionally feminine roles.

hahahahahahahahah, I was wrong. This guy isn't just going to be fired, he will be assassinated.

Just as some on the Right deny science that runs counter to the “God > humans > environment” hierarchy (e.g., evolution and climate change) the Left tends to deny science concerning biological differences between people (e.g., IQ[8] and sex differences). Thankfully, climate scientists and evolutionary biologists generally aren’t on the right. Unfortunately, the overwhelming majority of humanities and social scientists learn left (about 95%), which creates enormous confirmation bias, changes what’s being studied, and maintains myths like social constructionism and the gender wage gap[9]. Google’s left leaning makes us blind to this bias and uncritical of its results, which we’re using to justify highly politicized programs.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

You are shocked to find out that Google doesn't support the idea that women should be paid differently and treated differently from men because they are biologically different?

Why don't you stand up for your claims that this manifesto is so amazing: prove to us that women should be treated differnently from men because they're biologically different.

Then you can prove that the official policies of Google, Youtube, etc. only allow "leftist" viewpoints.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I hear you. I am in a conservative state but discussing certain subjects in a certain way is frowned upon, especially at work. I have a small group that I work with that isn't as sensitive overall, but as soon as you start interacting with the rest of the company, especially management, it is time to enter into full PC drone mode.

'yes mam/sir ... thank you mam/sir ... may I have another mam/sir'

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

You are shocked to find out that Google doesn't support the idea that women should be paid differently and treated differently from men because they are biologically different?

Boring, I already told you to show me where he said women should be paid differently because of biological differences. You are going to put me to sleep repeating the same made up crap over and over.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Holy cow, now the author is challenging one of the trinities of the liberal ideology 'we are all created the same'

Funny, Thomas Jefferson and Abraham Lincoln must have been liberal ideologues then:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Declaration of Independence, 1776

Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

Abraham Lincoln, 1863

Seriously?

edit on 6-8-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Boring, I already told you to show me where he said women should be paid differently because of biological differences. You are going to put me to sleep repeating the same made up crap over and over.

I quoted his statement. You can't even back up your own claims, much less those of the OP.

Nite nite.

link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

You are really going to troll this thread like you admitted to trolling that other one?

So lame

OP

I think its very telling that silicone valley is now starting to see their own cry foul and ask for IDEOLOGICAL diversity over ethnic diversity.

That should still work out well since people think differently in different parts of the world.

Silicone valley has been the target of social engineering for some time now.

edit on 8 6 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

link   

Why don't you stand up for your claims that this manifesto is so amazing: prove to us that women should be treated differnently from men because they're biologically different.

My wife always makes me carry the heavy stuff because of our biological differences, is that wrong? Sorry love, I can't do that, you have to carry the heavy loads, Gryphon66 said we can't treat women different based on biology.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

You are really going to troll this thread like you admitted to trolling that other one?

So lame

Do you have any evidence that backs up the claims in the OP?

Show us.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

30 years in college? explains a lot.

The idea you think of MA as 'too liberal to have conversations' is telling to how annoying you must actually be in person.

Especially in college? Nice meme. You live in a total bubble and reject reality. Who was it at college that you desperately seek approval from, and your ideas, that would have opened doors, if an open format was allowed? What a joker. Like you could actually change anything, and were only a 'serious conversation' away! ah my sides...they hurt

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
And then you are going to have a whole bunch of people that read about 1/10th of the information and come unglued. They will immediately think that this person is calling for discrimination against gender for simply suggesting that males and females are created different. That the genders have different interests.

All the person is saying is that males and females gravitate towards certain types of jobs. They are simply suggesting that instituting quotas for positions such as programmers is in itself discrimination.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

My wife always makes me carry the heavy stuff because of our biological differences, is that wrong? Sorry love, I can't do that, you have to carry the heavy loads, Gryphon66 said we can't treat women different based on biology.

Anecdotal evidence from your relationship doesn't prove anything.

Also, I doubt your wife knows or cares who "Gryphon66" is ... so I'd be a bit more careful in structuring your arguments with her than you are with your arguments here.

Also, do you have any evidence of the OP's claims? Or not.

It seems not.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

There is no need. The memo is the subject

Are you going to troll this thread like you admitted to trolling the other?

You never answered that.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I quoted his statement. You can't even back up your own claims, much less those of the OP.

Nite nite.

Another lie. He did not say what you are saying. You're lying.

I’m simply stating that the distribution of preferences and abilities of men and women differ in part due to biological causes and that these differences may explain why we don’t see equal representation of women in tech and leadership.

What he said was women are interested in different things than men because of biological differences. Nice tactic though, lie, don't back it up, keep repeating the lie.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

And then you are going to have a whole bunch of people that read about 1/10th of the information and come unglued. They will immediately think that this person is calling for discrimination against gender for simply suggesting that males and females are created different. That the genders have different interests.

All the person is saying is that males and females gravitate towards certain types of jobs. They are simply suggesting that instituting quotas for positions such as programmers is in itself discrimination.

So you're going to interpret what the manifesto stated according to your own opinions too?

I don't think those mad liberals Jefferson or Lincoln would appreciate it.

LOL

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Your example is doing something for someone that can't.

The discussion is pay rate for the same job.

Were you born with your feet in your mouth?

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: LooksLocked

30 years in college? explains a lot.

The idea you think of MA as 'too liberal to have conversations' is telling to how annoying you must actually be in person.

Especially in college? Nice meme. You live in a total bubble and reject reality. Who was it at college that you desperately seek approval from, and your ideas, that would have opened doors, if an open format was allowed? What a joker. Like you could actually change anything, and were only a 'serious conversation' away! ah my sides...they hurt

It does explain a lot, you have piss poor reading comprehension. I never said I was in college for 30 years. The rest of your post is some sort of rant which has no relevance to my post. Can't read English or stay on topic, sounds about right.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join