It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Employee's Anti-Diversity Manifesto Goes 'Internally Viral' - LiveLeak Video shows Proof Goog

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: essentialtremors

I'm sure you could Google that headline, but ya know. ..google and all.

I'm not Trump, but
You are Fake News.

Spinning wheels is all you know.

Google has no affiliation, until lately, the Right starts to cop an attitude about Google being successful, with massive jealousy.

Good job making enemies with the most powerful tech company in the nation, for no reason other than fake news. If you're out of rocks to smash together, I can direct you to some more.
edit on 6-8-2017 by LooksLocked because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie
Not interested in the pinings of a conservative white male whose unable to cope with the conditions of the modern workplace.

Ah, so disregard his perspective based on his sex and skin color?

Dare I say bigot and sexist?

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

While true, it's valuable insight from someone inside Google who is saying Google does not value diverse viewpoints.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: LooksLocked

Dude, your last 2 post are literally nothing but you making snip up and projecting.

Now you've edited your post...le sigh

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Dude, your last 2 post are literally nothing but you making snip up and projecting.

Yes but they didn't yet remove the bones of their posts which is "something something republicans are mean and silly something something", apparently also totally and utterly clueless to the fact that republicans are just as much a laughing stock as the democrats and the only reason the current president of the USA even is one is because Republican was the lesser of two evils.

It's gone so far beyond all that now and yet their puny mind barely registers the massive shifts occurring.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: GusMcDangerthing

a reply to: GusMcDangerthing

Actually, I'm not the topic, and neither are your opinions about me or those "like me." The topic is a video which uses a Google doc from a disgruntled Google employee as the basis of what little provenance it has.

Anyone afraid of "appearing bigoted" doesn't know what the word means. We're all bigoted in one way or another.

Ah well, enough bickering over opinions. There are no facts here.

You literally are unable to grasp the concept of this discussion because of what you believe. You are an example of this all because you're not only left wing but you're a muslim and you have till recently been protected by this sort of crap. I can't almost hear the rusty cogs in your mind as you try to come to grips with the fact that the protection is eroding on a daily and that you're going to have to approach the world as a member of humanity b your own merit, rather than because you've screeched about what a bum deal you think you've got because of choices you've made.

Wow, you struck out on just about everything you said here.

I don't agree with your opinions or the opinions of the OP. You have no facts, merely opinions.

I'm not left-wing nor am I a Muslim. I'm a moderate, middle-aged atheist.

You're making absurd assumptions.
IS that right - should I dig up the threads you've posted in which claim otherwise? That's okay, you be any sort of unicorn you wish to be.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Yes but they didn't yet remove the bones of their posts which is "something something republicans are mean and silly something something", apparently also totally and utterly clueless to the fact that republicans are just as much a laughing stock as the democrats and the only reason the current president of the USA even is one is because Republican was the lesser of two evils.

It's gone so far beyond all that now and yet their puny mind barely registers the massive shifts occurring.

This coming from the guy that Hates Google solely because other political affiliates hate Google(Because Google is a direct competitor likely).

You play into the hands of your owners everyday. They say "Hunt Google" and you mindlessly sniff for nothing and call everything you find a conspiracy. Only lapdogs to the conservative elite hate Google, and it's because they're told to. Google's done insanely valuable things for everyone and are not a political affiliate. You obviously know nothing about it.

Only a complete idiot would argue Google is an extreme leftist platform and alters searches for this. Their entire market strategy is to profile you for ad revenue, ads you would like, not change your damned mind you paranoid schizophrenic.

You can talk # about Obama, and Democrats, and the Government, but the hate against Google is not only unwarranted and complete confabulation, the purpose is a literal money drive to hurt stock with propaganda. Not to mention you're completely hypocritical anyway when it comes to using their services. Boycott it then you #ing idiot, but please stop looking for others to join you and give justification to your terrible decision to consider it harmful for nothing other than your gut.

Ps. the main part that pisses me off about this conversation is specifically the idea Google has an affiliation at all, and so I talked about Yahoo, who has clear affiliation and was a competitor. But ya, I could see how you just take that as 'republicans are trash', even though when I even be specific, it causes you to pull the hurt generalizing of identity snowflake card. I'm obviously talking about rich assholes, that none of you are. It's just bogus you suck their wangs every 2 seconds you get the chance when it comes to ideology. Yahoo hasn't created #, that's my point, where the hell do you get off even commenting about Google when something that gross even exists?

Google dumps it's search revenue, a free product, into free products. Conservatives hate it because it's a step up from communism. They crash every market they enter, with their free products, and put everyone out of business because they can afford to just do things for free. Google is the type of company that will be at the forefront of putting your endearing masters(the banks) "out of business". I'd rather be with them. But you can keep suckin that GOP wang and see where it gets you, it's worked other human garbage, like Ted Cruz.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Hmmm, well let's see.

If Google is looking for people who are superficially different (i.e. they fit into neat demographic groups based on external looks and/or sexual preference which is also external), then they can feel perfectly free to look for people who all think alike, meaning there would be little to no actual diversity of opinion or idea. That would make some places a virtual echo chamber. This is something that has been a known issue in the halls of academia for a while, and it appears that Silicon Valley suffers the same problem.

The issue is less about external content manipulation although that would be part of it. The thing is that when everyone thinks the same, you miss that person who hits on a good solution because he or she thinks differently ... thinks out of the box. There is no discussion because everyone thinks more or less the same and approaches problems the same way too.

The company is stagnant.
edit on 6-8-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

I have literally not once stated my position for or against Google. I really don't give a damn about them and eventually a new player will swoop in and usurp them. I won't care about that, either. I'm really only commenting that big companies just love to signal how inclusive and progressive they are, by hiring people less qualified but who fit the bill according to the line that their offices need to look like the United Nations General Assembly.

You've said what pisses you off and now me - what really grinds my gears is that there are people in politics who will push that line, knowing it's bullsht but also that it will win them votes from the stupid.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Considering Google like any other company, even direct competitors, is the first mistake.

The whole Anti-Google thing is based on Anti-Big-Business, but it's also based on Retardation apparently because people think Google running money in a circle is a 'business' in the first place. They are the most efficient middle man on the planet, they aren't a business, they don't exist without real business, if you want to hate big business, that's fine but TPTB have tricked you idiots into targeting Google.

A new player in the search engine game must be a wetdream to these greedy asshats who don't realize there isn't an actual way to destroy Google or reason to create a 'new player' without essentially ruining everything for no reason first.

The audacity some of you think Google could be replaced and would be 'no big deal' is a joke in your creditability in this conversation itself. To this day there isn't a better webcrawler, only the most ignorant people on the planet would consider starting over on a new engine, and only the most foolish and greedy still think there is space for this product outside of Google.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
"a reply to: LooksLocked

"You idiots"? Stop making assumptions about what you think I think.

You're just creating bizarre conversations with yourself at this point.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Actually, I'm not the topic, and neither are your opinions about me or those "like me." The topic is a video which uses a Google doc from a disgruntled Google employee as the basis of what little provenance it has.

Anyone afraid of "appearing bigoted" doesn't know what the word means. We're all bigoted in one way or another.

Ah well, enough bickering over opinions. There are no facts here.

You literally are unable to grasp the concept of this discussion because of what you believe. You are an example of this all because you're not only left wing but you're a muslim and you have till recently been protected by this sort of crap. I can't almost hear the rusty cogs in your mind as you try to come to grips with the fact that the protection is eroding on a daily and that you're going to have to approach the world as a member of humanity b your own merit, rather than because you've screeched about what a bum deal you think you've got because of choices you've made.

Wow, you struck out on just about everything you said here.

I don't agree with your opinions or the opinions of the OP. You have no facts, merely opinions.

I'm not left-wing nor am I a Muslim. I'm a moderate, middle-aged atheist.

You're making absurd assumptions.
IS that right - should I dig up the threads you've posted in which claim otherwise? That's okay, you be any sort of unicorn you wish to be.

Sure ... dig up the threads in which I declare myself to be a Muslim.

We'll wait.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

"a reply to: LooksLocked

"You idiots"? Stop making assumptions about what you think I think.

You're just creating bizarre conversations with yourself at this point.

Idiots is plural, it's obvious my statement is about you specifically though based on that reply, right?

Continue the grammar semantics and address nothing I posted that is directly on topic, to rather talk about manners and decorum when you know you're an ignoranus about the topic.

Nothing ever changes around here.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Hmmm ... let's see ...

Everything in your post is predicated on "IF"

IF Google were looking for ...

IF these people are only "superficially different" ...

IF these people "all thought alike" ...

then there would be "little diversity"

You seem to be opining a great deal regarding your ideas about "diversity" and about Google.

Do any of your opinions have a factual basis? Can you back up any of the claims made in this thread with evidence?

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

While true, it's valuable insight from someone inside Google who is saying Google does not value diverse viewpoints.

Yet, you ignore the "valuable insight" from all those "inside Google" who didn't agree with the manifesto writer.

How odd? It's almost like you're choosing to believe what matches up with your own beliefs.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

I'd address what you posted if it weren't so hackneyed and pedestrian.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Huh, go figure. You wrote a mountain of a post out of the one "if" I used in mine. If anyone's post is predicated on "if," it's yours.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Google search results are manipulated? Well, sure. They have algorithms that conduct massive searches and provide recommendations. That's kinda their thing.

It is your opinion that there are "real intentions" at Youtube that are being "covered up."

That is, unless you have actual EVIDENCE to present here.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Huh, go figure. You wrote a mountain of a post out of the one "if" I used in mine. If anyone's post is predicated on "if," it's yours.

A mountain of a post?

LOL ... a few lines is a mountain? Now you're judging a post by number of words or lines?

I see you have no backup for your claims, not even your last one.

Which of my posts is predicated on "IF"? Quote it.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Yet, you ignore the "valuable insight" from all those "inside Google" who didn't agree with the manifesto writer.

How odd? It's almost like you're choosing to believe what matches up with your own beliefs.

I missed that, can you show me all the people who are saying they feel Google has lots of people with all different ideologies and the Trumper is just as accepted as the Obamaer?

Because the official Google response was we are accepting of all viewpoints but we do not accept this viewpoint. And the Author is actually dead on from the little I read about what they wrote.

And like many of you, I found that it advanced incorrect assumptions about gender. I'm not going to link to it here as it's not a viewpoint that I or this company endorses, promotes or encourages.

edit on 6-8-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join