It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Employee's Anti-Diversity Manifesto Goes 'Internally Viral' - LiveLeak Video shows Proof Goog

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: Gryphon66

a reply to: Gryphon66

While true, it's valuable insight from someone inside Google who is saying Google does not value diverse viewpoints.

Yet, you ignore the "valuable insight" from all those "inside Google" who didn't agree with the manifesto writer.

How odd? It's almost like you're choosing to believe what matches up with your own beliefs.

I missed that, can you show me all the people who are saying they feel Google has lots of people with all different ideologies and the Trumper is just as accepted as the Obamaer?

As soon as you show me where I claimed any of that to be true ...

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: GusMcDangerthing
a reply to: LooksLocked

I'd address what you posted if it weren't so hackneyed and pedestrian.

Your opinion doesn't matter to me. You're just a snowflake that can't handle reading bad words for fear they're directed at you, even when I definitively and obviously am being general, you quote me and cry about them.

Then there is the issue of the topic, that you barely contribute, while posting like 5 times. You can be against my opinion and offer evidence(that doesn't exist) and leave the peanut gallery or you can sit the hell down and shut up if you don't have an opinion about the issue. That's as much decorum I have for a troll. Discuss Google if you plan on quoting me again.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

While true, it's valuable insight from someone inside Google who is saying Google does not value diverse viewpoints.

Yet, you ignore the "valuable insight" from all those "inside Google" who didn't agree with the manifesto writer.

How odd? It's almost like you're choosing to believe what matches up with your own beliefs.

I missed that, can you show me all the people who are saying they feel Google has lots of people with all different ideologies and the Trumper is just as accepted as the Obamaer?

As soon as you show me where I claimed any of that to be true ...

Sure, here.

Or are you saying they agree with him that other viewpoints are not accepted because they do not agree with his viewpoint?

You are basically making his case for him. He wrote about how you need group think and only one view is accepted and that should change .. and you point out Google doesn't agree with him and doesn't want it to change .. which is exactly the problem.

edit on 6-8-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Right. The OP, the OP's source, and several others within the thread, noted that the reaction to the manifesto went "viral" and was predominantly negative. Also, any article you choose to pull up on the internet regarding this matter confirms that (some even list out the tweeted reactions.)

How, perhaps you'll quote me saying ...

all the people who are saying they feel Google has lots of people with all different ideologies

or

the Trumper is just as accepted as the Obamaer?

Which I did not say and you made up out of your own brain.

Where is the evidence that demonstrates that this one Google employee's document or the opinion of the Motherboard video substantiates any of the claims made here?

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Where is the evidence that demonstrates that this one Google employee's document or the opinion of the Motherboard video substantiates any of the claims made here?

Claims made here are worth less every minute.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Oh look you stealth edited ...

You are basically making his case for him. He wrote about how you need group think and only one view is accepted and that should change .. and you point out Google doesn't agree with him and doesn't want it to change .. which is exactly the problem.

Some other employees disagree with the guy's extremist claims ... and that proves that "Google doesn't agree with him and want it to change"?

Wow. On the contrary, all it shows is that individuals have different ideas about different topics.

Are you aware that Google was the target of a Federal lawsuit in January 2017 that challenged their hiring practices and stated they underpay female employees? If anything, Google is more typically "conservative" in this than "liberal."

The Verge

Fortune Magazine

NBC News
edit on 6-8-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Added citations.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Google's own public reply was this is not allowed and we do not support this. We aren't allowed to look at wage gaps and give actual explanations, the answer is gender discrimination, and we do not allow any other discussion on the subject. I posted their reply.

Even though the things I saw the author post were very reasonable and much of it is based in fact.

The fact a very reasonable discussion can't even be had proves his point.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

False. I did not edit what I wrote, I added more.

And it shows that while people may have different ideas, only ONE of those ideas is "right" according to Google and the other idea is not appropriate for discussion.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Google's own public reply was this is not allowed and we do not support this. We aren't allowed to look at wage gaps and give actual explanations, the answer is gender discrimination, and we do not allow any other discussion on the subject. I posted their reply.

Even though the things I saw the author post were very reasonable and much of it is based in fact.

The fact a very reasonable discussion can't even be had proves his point.

Well, did you expect them to admit it? LOL.

Okay, I've shown that you're trying to misstate what I've said here, and now, you're only restating your opinion.

Do you have facts which support the claim from the OP that:

originally posted by: Outlier13
Google, Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter are manipulating all content to force the primary consumer of social media (millennials) into a mindset that is left extremist.

That's what we're here discussing. THAT is what I'd like to see the factual evidence for. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

And it shows that while people may have different ideas, only ONE of those ideas is "right" according to Google and the other idea is not appropriate for discussion.

So you can demonstrate where Google made a corporate announcment of policy that stated that "only ONE of these ideas is 'right'" then, correct?

I'll be glad to see that evidence.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

So you can demonstrate where Google made a corporate announcment of policy that stated that "only ONE of these ideas is 'right'" then, correct?

I'll be glad to see that evidence.

I already did.

And like many of you, I found that it advanced incorrect assumptions about gender. I'm not going to link to it here as it's not a viewpoint that I or this company endorses, promotes or encourages.

The response is not "discussion is healthy" it was his view is wrong. The funny thing is he was actually trying to get more women in Tech.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

SUMMARY: Google, Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter are manipulating all content to force the primary consumer of social media (millennials) into a mindset that is left extremist.

tell me about about it. i have a nephew that is a millennial, he spends a great deal of his free time on social media. he is a fairly intelligent and thoughtful person and he used to surprise me a lot in his speaking about how stupid people his age are. but lately that has changed.

recently we had a family get together, and he was spouting off the latest sjw rhetoric. now being a addle minded, decrepit old baby boomer of 55 according to him i'm just wrong about all the social issues. but when i counter all his libtard sjw rhetoric with facts and common sense, he had nothing and got pissed and went home, calling me all kinds of names going out the door.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

My wife is on social media all the time and she is pretty conservative but all the news on her feeds is all very liberal.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
It will be interesting to see what happens to the author of this opinion piece. They must have some really really big nuts or aren't quite in touch with reality.

Maybe they just got to the breaking point in the midst of all the PC insanity.

I can't really find fault with what they are saying but to say that in the den of google was a huge gamble. I can see the heads exploding already. There have been a few reports that if HR doesn't take action, they are getting a new job.

This is pure gold..

the author argues that women are underrepresented in tech not because they face bias and discrimination in the workplace, but because of inherent psychological differences between men and women. “We need to stop assuming that gender gaps imply sexism,” he writes, going on to argue that Google’s educational programs for young women may be misguided.

Psychological safety is built on mutual respect and acceptance, but unfortunately our culture of shaming and misrepresentation is disrespectful and unaccepting of anyone outside its echo chamber. Despite what the public response seems to have been, I’ve gotten many personal messages from fellow Googlers expressing their gratitude for bringing up these very important issues which they agree with but would never have the courage to say or defend because of our shaming culture and the possibility of being fired. This needs to change.

summarize points from gizmodo:

Google’s political bias has equated the freedom from offense with psychological safety, but shaming into silence is the antithesis of psychological safety.

This silencing has created an ideological echo chamber where some ideas are too sacred to be honestly discussed.

The lack of discussion fosters the most extreme and authoritarian elements of this ideology.

Extreme: all disparities in representation are due to oppression

Authoritarian: we should discriminate to correct for this oppression

Differences in distributions of traits between men and women may in part explain why we don’t have 50% representation of women in tech and leadership. Discrimination to reach equal representation is unfair, divisive, and bad for business.

This opinion piece actually sounds like a masterpiece from an intelligent individual. I might have to read through the whole thing...

Only facts and reason can shed light on these biases, but when it comes to diversity and inclusion, Google’s left bias has created a politically correct monoculture that maintains its hold by shaming dissenters into silence. This silence removes any checks against encroaching extremist and authoritarian policies. For the rest of this document, I’ll concentrate on the extreme stance that all differences in outcome are due to differential treatment and the authoritarian element that’s required to actually discriminate to create equal representation.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

So you're trying to twist the statement that the memo "advanced incorrect assumptions about gender" as being a statement that only one perspective is correct and that all Google employees must tow some imaginary "leftist" line?

Actually, this is a direct statement from the "manifesto" ... could this be what Google officially responded to?

Note, I’m not saying that all men differ from women in the following ways or that these differences are “just.” I’m simply stating that the distribution of preferences and abilities of men and women differ in part due to biological causes and that these differences may explain why we don’t see equal representation of women in tech and leadership.

Source: Gizmodo

I'm still waiting for a statement from Google (or Youtube, Facebook or Twitter) that states that only left extremist viewpoints are acceptable.

Do you have such a comment, or are you going to continue to tell us what you think about what someone else thinks?

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

It's actually very fact based and reasonable. But it doesn't push the agenda, so it's a huge no-no.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I'm still waiting for a statement from Google

Yawn. I already quoted them saying this person's opinion is not acceptable. Please go back and read again.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

a reply to: ClovenSky

It's actually very fact based and reasonable. But it doesn't push the agenda, so it's a huge no-no.

So you agree that since women have some biological differences from men that they aren't equally represented in tech and leadership?

Can you list what those "biological differences" are that would explain the pay gap and a lack of women in tech and leadership? That is, since you think this is a "fact based and reasonable" document?

Thank you kindly.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I hear you there. I am still impressed that they released this piece from within the leviathan. Maybe they just won the lottery and they no longer rely on their paycheck.

Some more:

Background [1]
People generally have good intentions, but we all have biases which are invisible to us. Thankfully, open and honest discussion with those who disagree can highlight our blind spots and help us grow, which is why I wrote this document.[2] Google has several biases and honest discussion about these biases is being silenced by the dominant ideology. What follows is by no means the complete story, but it’s a perspective that desperately needs to be told at Google.

Google’s biases
At Google, we talk so much about unconscious bias as it applies to race and gender, but we rarely discuss our moral biases. Political orientation is actually a result of deep moral preferences and thus biases. Considering that the overwhelming majority of the social sciences, media, and Google lean left, we should critically examine these prejudices.

Maybe there are enough people that have been silenced over the years that finally got sick of this PC bull#(@#&* they are speaking out. The author appears to have support for their common sense views.

did you notice the liveleak link is now down?

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I'm still waiting for a statement from Google

Yawn. I already quoted them saying this person's opinion is not acceptable. Please go back and read again.

The statement that you cited doesn't say that, however, it says ...

I found that it advanced incorrect assumptions about gender.

So again, I put it to you. Does the fact that women are biologically different from men justify treating them differently?

Or not?

Seems like an easy question to answer.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join