It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Employee's Anti-Diversity Manifesto Goes 'Internally Viral' - LiveLeak Video shows Proof Goog

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

First sentence you quoted.....

I didnt claim anything. I provided evidence supporting the OP. I dont care what offtopic deflections are offered to shut the conversation down.

I did not claim anything else other than that I agree with the OP that this happened, and that it is a valid concern by those who made the memo.

Silicon valley needs more diversity of opinion.

edit on 8 6 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

The pay gap in the statement you quoted is hypothetical.

1000% convinced none of you can read.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: ClovenSky

It's actually very fact based and reasonable. But it doesn't push the agenda, so it's a huge no-no.

So you agree that since women have some biological differences from men that they aren't equally represented in tech and leadership?

Can you list what those "biological differences" are that would explain the pay gap and a lack of women in tech and leadership? That is, since you think this is a "fact based and reasonable" document?

Thank you kindly.

LOL. You still believe in the gender pay gap.

I remember the gender pay gap being used against Trump ... then it was pointed out it's impossible as federal guidelines dictate pay and it's the same for both genders.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
LOL. You still believe in the gender pay gap.

There actually is one, in most places it tends to be in favor of women though. Men (for the same number of years focused on a career) earn less.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: tadaman

Excellent, some actual evidence.

I see that Zuckerberg is espousing what could be considered by some to be "extreme leftist" ideas, like a social safety net and equality. Can you show me where he said that only extreme leftist ideas were acceptable at Facebook?

Also, it seems that Christopher Gregory at Bloomberg has an issue with Silicon Valley hiring procedures. Can you show me where he claims that only "extreme leftist" ideas are acceptable at Google, Facebook, etc?

And from your Guardian article ... some people were upset by Mr. Trump's election and talked about succession. Interesting, how does it apply here?

Of course you know that no company is going to come out and say that only extreme left wing ideas are to vbe accepted.

You moving of the goal posts is amusing though.

If we look at a company that has 98% white employees, liberals will scream that there needs to be more diversity. There will be no claims such as "Show me where the company says they won't hire people of color"

But if a company has 90% liberal employees, they demand to see company documents showing that right wing views won't be tolerated.

You are doing this on this very thread.

You keep bringing up the gender pay gap at google, so I will ask you, show me where google says they will pay women less money because they are women?

This is the same standard you demand, so I assume you will hold yourself to that standard, and until you see these claims from google, you will admit there iss no evidence of a gender pay gap for women.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Your attention please!

There has already been a PSA posted. This is the last one. Debate the topic rather than attacking each other. Insults aren't allowed on ATS and the topic isn't worth fighting over.

Any more tit-for-tat will lead to time-outs.

C'mon guys, lighten up

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs
a reply to: Outlier13

the video is taking too long to get to the point. So far it is just a guys opinion. Anyway Im aware google is being sued by the EU for "showing its products first" in search lists.. The Federal Trade Comission said the same thing about google.

www.google.com...

You can pay companies to alter search results.

guaranteedremovals.com...[campaign]&u tm_source=google&utm_medium=ppc&gclid=Cj0KCQjw_JrMBRDPARIsACis1HwQgXXQtbxn8D4h8M5L4KyZVC3sfp-RtsQqeuFia_MzEJjcZILfQ78aAtMVEALw_wcB

google personalizes search results..

www.google.com...

Anyway there have been times that I knew what I was looking for and knew it woukd be hard to find.. Using google tricks like quotation marks can give you better results and often it takes digging through random pages atarting on page 3 to find the non "picked" search results.

get used to using multiple search engines.
If everyone in the world came to me for advice, dont you think i could give you guys certain advice that makes me the influencer of all that is??

The guy who made the term "Net nutrality" made a study titled "Does google content degrade google search, experimental evidence."

here:

www.slideshare.net...

blah blah blah. The illusion of free choice is even worse when one cannot count on unbiased searches for information. My advice. Stop feeding mega corporations if you like not what they do.

The google has you Neo.

in case my point was misssed.. I was trying to avoid the back and forth. Does anyone see why a company like google (who run youtube as well) having very strong bias [as evident by the internal memo being widely rejected] is a very bad thing when they are already censoring people they disagree with.

when they are already being criticized by the federal trade commission and the EU antitrust head, and the guy who coined the term "Net nutrality?"

This is becoming a major concern.

When google in many ways is more powerful than governments or when we see twitter taking down entire nations..

You limit the government by the idea taxation without reoresentation. google being a private company is not subject to this, but there are laws against unchecked runaway power by monopolies..
A monopoly influencing content of thought is one of the most dangerous entities ever created.

so yes jail for example is "diverse" you get criminals in all colors and genders.. So all that diversity breeds what?? a killer is a killer, and.. guess what?

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

CHRARCTER

is what matters..
people have been intentionally misled about the key factors about how to treat people. It IS racist to go out of your way to hire people of a certain race. It IS sexist to go out of your way to hire somone of a certain gender.

Its problematic when people are being censored off of twitter and youtube, and google searches.
Im a lefty, but I side with MLK over this "progressive" racism.
edit on 6-8-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

in case my point was misssed.. I was trying to avoid the back and forth. Does anyone see why a company like google (who run youtube as well) having very strong bias [as evident by the internal memo being widely rejected] is a very bad thing when they are already censoring people they disagree with.

One issue here that I don't see addressed is any awareness that your own searches "bias" (or train) your browser to deliver results. In other words, I'm not going to see many right-wing sources for anything and even when I google for news, the number of times that Breitbart comes up as a source is around zero.

Ask a conservative to google the same thing and they get different answers.

Ask someone who believes the Annunaki are ancient aliens to google anything on the Sumerian culture and they will get wildly different results than I do when I google for the same terms.

Your browser cookies overcome most of the tweaks in the search system.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

One issue here that I don't see addressed is any awareness that your own searches "bias" (or train) your browser to deliver results. In other words, I'm not going to see many right-wing sources for anything and even when I google for news, the number of times that Breitbart comes up as a source is around zero.

Ask a conservative to google the same thing and they get different answers.

Ask someone who believes the Annunaki are ancient aliens to google anything on the Sumerian culture and they will get wildly different results than I do when I google for the same terms.

Your browser cookies overcome most of the tweaks in the search system.

read my post carefully and you might notice i addressed that when i linked "google personalizes search results."

under that link you can see how to deactivate it.
Everyone else defaults to an echo chamber.

you may be confused im against ALL bias not just google's.

my searches dont tend to be able to cater to my own bias.. Imagine that. The rest of you are confused when things happen like trump getting elected because your data streams are lacking the broader perspective.

and in that way you all can thunk you're right. Perfect divide and conquer strategy i might add.

edit on 6-8-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: essentialtremors

No, tired and monotonous. I read it was uninterested and unmoved by his fake plight. It's the same diatribe you read about on right wing blogs.

It's the same thing guys like him have been going on and on about, here is his argument in a nutshell "Where are the special programs for me and my people!".

Nah, I'll pass.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

The universe is a series of continuously degrading systems.
The only way for a system to continue existing in its atomic or chemical structure is to have mechanisms to convert the required material for its continued existence from an external source.
This means it needs a mechanism to physically interact with the external object.
It then needs a mechanism to break down the chemical or even atomic configuration of the external object.
It then needs internal mechanisms to separate apart what it needs from what it does not.
Finally it needs internal mechanisms to apply this new material to its existing configuration.

Vibrant diversity genetically is fine, it makes sense, it's arguably required.
Cultural diversity is a different story.
Culture will adhere to this system, as will genetics, but when culture adheres to it the experience is more destructive than constructive. I mean, it is always destructive, there is no way to create something new, only convert. At least genetically there is just a lot of... fruitful procreation.
That being said, considering the people that make up Google as well as the founders, I highly doubt there is any anti-diversity enactments happening. If anything, these companies are ignoring Americans in favor of importing cheaper workers from Asian countries on H-1B visas.
So if there IS an anti-diversity "policy", it is going to be in favor of Asians more than anyone else.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Sooo.. out hundreds of millions in the U.S... ONE person made a stupid document.. and it's news? Just fire the idiot and move on.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Must have struck a nerve with a few [million] people, I guess. Funny how the seething majority, like tinder-dry forests,only needs a spark to be set off. Don't be under any impression that people don't know the truth of what's going on, this despicable political correctness, social engineering, cultural marxist nonsense is becoming more obvious and overt by the day.

The people pushing it are only lucky that most people have kids and lives which need tending to and are tired at the end of a hard day's slavery to do all that much about it - likely they rely on it. Give it time... and don't be on the wrong side when it all eventually collapses and becomes too much to bear. It won't be pretty for those among us who pushed the agendas.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
Interesting stuff... I find it quite funny actually when I think about the people at Google being so leftist but having to maintain a platform where many right leaning YouTubers have more popularity than major news networks. Think about it... Alex Jones (2M), Joe Rogan (1.5M), Mark Dice (1M), Paul Joseph Watson (1M), Rebel Media (0.86M), Stefan Molyneux (0.65M), Bearing (0.38M), Lauren Southern (0.31M), etc.

Then you also have many other massive YouTuber's such as PewDiePie and Shoe0nHead who I don't think would necessarily label themselves as right wing or conservative but still make many videos roasting SJW's, Antifa, and other far left groups, and pointing out flaws in their ideology. It's no surprise Google is reacting the way they are, but it does concern me. I hope cooler heads at google will prevail.

Cooler heads will most definitely NOT prevail. Google, as with any major tech company, is completely infiltrated with progressives. They are so goddamn far left, each one of them.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Immortalis
...considering the people that make up Google as well as the founders, I highly doubt there is any anti-diversity enactments happening. If anything, these companies are ignoring Americans in favor of importing cheaper workers from Asian countries on H-1B visas.
So if there IS an anti-diversity "policy", it is going to be in favor of Asians more than anyone else.

There are no anti-diversity enactments happening. That's the point of the internal memo from a Google employee. His argument is there should be a change in Google's diversity initiative and that it is destructive because it is an extreme leftist mindset.

This is from the internal memo:

De-moralize diversity

As soon as we start to moralize an issue, we stop thinking about it in terms of costs and benefits, dismiss anyone that disagrees as immoral, and harshly punish those we see as villains to protect the “victims.”

This is the essence of the leftist mindset. Someone else is always to blame and the person who is seen to be "wronged" is always the victim. It is a degrading mindset which enables sub-standard performance simply because a person is foreign, black, or a woman.

How many white NBA players have you ever heard complain about inequality in the NBA? The NBA is comprised primarily of black players. Roughly 78% with only 17% being white players. Why? Because black basketball players are better than their white counterparts. It's simple and inarguable.

Why should a workforce be treated any differently? The best and top performers should be the highest paid and most promoted. Get rid of this leftist hiring/promotion mindset of "just because" someone is foreign, black, or a woman then you should hire/promote them. It's an insult to the foreigner, black person, and woman. There are plenty of laws in place to protect foreigners, blacks, and woman from legitimate discrimination. They have legal recourse if discrimination actually exists.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 03:08 AM
link   
So basically they hire people who look as diverse as possible on the outside, but all have the exact same mind. Then, when someone speaks against it, the hive attacks him. The only surprising part of this is that the guy who wrote the memo even had a decent job there.

Also, it would be nice if people on this site would learn to ignore the trolls. Any time a good topic is posted it turns into page after page of bickering with a usual suspect.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: MoreInterior

Yup. That poster contributes zero (normally doesn't even make a point) and has derailed more threads than I can count. The only option is to ignore or blatantly ruffle their feathers.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Another day, still no evidence of the OPs wild claims.

If anything credible gets posted here, would someone send me a DM?

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Or you could just apply some basic common sense and assume that Google operates like many other large corporations in it's pathetic virtue signalling.

No?

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: GusMcDangerthing
a reply to: Gryphon66

Or you could just apply some basic common sense and assume that Google operates like many other large corporations in it's pathetic virtue signalling.

No?

What you call "virtue signaling," the US Government calls equal opportunity employment. In fact, the only documented actions of Google in the thread stem from addressing concerns brought by the Department of Labor.

Next?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join