It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forbidden archeology Flood myth

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Fantastic Youtube video about the great flood mysteries and Atlantis.

A flood myth or deluge myth is a narrative in which a great flood, usually sent by a deity or deities, destroys civilization, often in an act of divine retribution. Parallels are often drawn between the flood waters of these myths and the primeval waters found in certain creation myths, as the flood waters are described as a measure for the cleansing of humanity, in preparation for rebirth. Most flood myths also contain a culture hero, who "represents the human craving for life".[1]

The flood myth motif is widespread among many cultures as seen in the Mesopotamian flood stories, the Hindu texts from India, Deucalion in Greek mythology, the Genesis flood narrative, Bergelmir in Norse Mythology, and in the lore of the K'iche' and Maya peoples in Mesoamerica, the Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwa tribe of Native Americans in North America, the Muisca people, and Cañari Confederation, in South America.

Great video for those of you who work nights like me and are bored to death.

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Fri Jul 28 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

For what it's worth, I always thought the biblical "flood" more likely a tsunami.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   
There is never really much mention of the deluge from the Quran/ Islamic's perspective. Muslims also believe in a great deluge, that was more region specific rather than engulfing most of the inhabited worlds.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   
2021....Noahs Flood REDUX...dont worry what people think of your obsession with survival....know this......survivor is synonymous with minority.....so you better not be thinking mainstream right now.An Ark is nice....but you dont NEED one....a D.U.M.B is nice but you dont need one......ect ect ect......groups of Families CAN give themselves a chance ......as much as or better than the above conventional massive expensive survival ideas.

Noahs "Flood" is a misnomer.....Continental Displacement Waves hammer us.....most humans have been dumbed down and misled so much they cannot think big enough to envision and comprehend this type of cyclical planetary rinse and repeat.
edit on 28-7-2017 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: jokei

For what it's worth, I always thought the biblical "flood" more likely a tsunami.

40 days and 40 nights of rain. About 371 days until the waters receded. Some tsunami!

edit on 28/7/2017 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

40 days and 40 nights of rain. About 371 days until the waters receded. Some tsunami!

Global Continental Displacement waves are catalysed by Continental Drift.....which exposes sea/ocean water to lava.....massive volumes of water are evaporated.....and must come back down.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Hmmm. Not sure if any of you watched the video and or plan on actually quoting parts of the video and plan on offering a counter argument with sources?

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure there was a deluge I'm thinking that we were struck by a astroid or comet,somewhere near Australia,and then again in gulf of Mexico,the story's all vary but much same result,hard to disprove evidence,even by trying to depress it

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Because it's not like stories to get over-embellished over time.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
I'm pretty sure there was a deluge I'm thinking that we were struck by a astroid or comet,somewhere near Australia,and then again in gulf of Mexico,the story's all vary but much same result,hard to disprove evidence,even by trying to depress it

are you making this assumption because of the chevrons down there? or is that Morocco?

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   
The flood myth is doable mentally but I have yet to figure the long day out .

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Because it's not like stories to get over-embellished over time.

Like the way President Kennedy was killed with a barrage of thousands of bazooka wielding mafioso and three letter agency spooks which caught him in the crossfire?

... and the ark came to rest on top of a 3.5km high mountain, too.

But I'm sure the real story was some kid's sand castle got washed away and it just got embellished but for the life of me, I can't figure out why anyone would bother to record that and pass it down for generations.

edit on 28/7/2017 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

Global Continental Displacement waves are catalysed by Continental Drift.....which exposes sea/ocean water to lava.....massive volumes of water are evaporated.....and must come back down.

Say what again? Can you give us some more detail, because I've never heard of 'Global Continental Displacement waves'.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: one4all

Say what again? Can you give us some more detail, because I've never heard of 'Global Continental Displacement waves'.

Because he just made it up.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   

More like an asteroid impact, which generates Tsunamis, which are really "floods".

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing!!
Just watched & enjoyed the video, very thought provoking.
Really makes me contemplate the Sphinx being a water weathered lion, Antarctica & the whole crustal shift theory. Okay all of it in a possible big picture.
Am open minded as we keep searching…

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

To add to the this "myth" there are several sites, such as those off the coast of India & Japan that sit under water. Interestingly, the mainstream doesn't seem to want to acknowledge these sites, claiming they're just natural rock formations, which is laughable when you look at the pictures, like the one in this Link

On a separate note, the overuse of the word narrative is starting to get a little cringey imo.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
The flood myth is doable mentally but I have yet to figure the long day out .

This was new to me!! Easy to listen too, all info delivered without drama and weird YouTube shenanigans.

Trigger Warning!
For people who suffer migraines I have no idea WHAT? the flashing nonsense was on the screen, but if you get migraines this will induce one. Fortunately it's easy enough to cover up with your finger as you watch the video. Had to mention this cause it was so unexpected.

I have never heard of Bowden before but I believe this Long Night/Long Day needs looked into more. I like how he ties it into indigenous people's oral histories around the world. Very succinct and to the point!

Nice work the2ofusr1

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ISeekTruth101
There is never really much mention of the deluge from the Quran/ Islamic's perspective. Muslims also believe in a great deluge, that was more region specific rather than engulfing most of the inhabited worlds.

It seems that islam is not mentioning it because it was invented well after the flood/tsunami happened. It's only ~1500 years old; and the floods are thought to have happened quite some time before that [some even say 10 000 years or more].
So maybe there were two or more occasions where floods happened. One was all engulfing and early in history, the other later and not quite so bad.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

S&F for posting the vid . I had not seen it before and part way through Einstein is mentioned . He was good friends with Immanuel Velikovsk who wrote worlds in collision . This is a good doc. on his work

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join