It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The transgender con ? Many transgender regret switch

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Nothing more than a hate thread disguised with fake religious concern.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Cutting limbs off makes you less functional.

Whining about limbs you don't want makes you even less functional.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

So you're calling transgender children and adults whiners?

(post by veracity removed for a manners violation)
(post by veracity removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
a reply to: Sheye
A sensitive subject which I have my opinions on but not enough time to debate. However I do find this interesting:

“The transgender lobby actively polices and suppresses discussion of sex-change regret, and claims it’s rare (no more than “5 percent.”) [sic]. However, if you do decide to ‘de-transition’ to once again identify with the sex in your DNA, talking about it will get you targeted by trans activists.” This is reminiscent of how the homosexual lobby has viciously attacked grown children of same-sex couples all because these people now oppose same-sex child-rearing, which The New American reported on earlier this month.

I would like to see some evidence of this. I won't lie, I'm motivated to join a LGBT forum and claim I regret my decisions - but I know this is messing with people's emotions so I'll hold off.

Good logic. How would you say a transgendered person admitting they'd made a mistake go over on ATS..?
They would most likely be called out as fakes and liars , and ridiculed by certain members of this site.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

you could make a fake profile, say name it "transregret" and post on here about the evils and disadvantages of transitioning to the opposite sex?

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

originally posted by: Sheye

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: kaylaluv
It takes years of consistent, persistent insistence before gender dysphoria can be diagnosed.

"They" just keep dismissing (ignoring) this part.

Most parents want their kids to be "normal".

Most parents will try to encourage "normal" and dissuade behaviors perceived outside acceptable "normal".

I remember listening to a radio discussion of 2 moms, dealing with a child that seemed to be showing signs of homosexuality. The lesbian moms reacted just like any other parents. They tried to encourage hetero behaviors.

This idea that parents try to force or encourage a child to fit into a 1% group, with years and years of doctors and therapy - - is ludicrous.

Then please tell veracity to quit calling me a child abuser. Her abuse on these threads as well as others is getting a little old.

teehee, im sorry sheye, sorry the truth hurts

Wow! You must be one of these "tolerant" liberals I keep reading about.....no actually you're probably one of the most condescending and ill-mannered posters I've seen on this forum in a long time.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: kaylaluv
It takes years of consistent, persistent insistence before gender dysphoria can be diagnosed.

"They" just keep dismissing (ignoring) this part.

Most parents want their kids to be "normal".

Most parents will try to encourage "normal" and dissuade behaviors perceived outside acceptable "normal".

I remember listening to a radio discussion of 2 moms, dealing with a child that seemed to be showing signs of homosexuality. The lesbian moms reacted just like any other parents. They tried to encourage hetero behaviors.

This idea that parents try to force or encourage a child to fit into a 1% group, with years and years of doctors and therapy - - is ludicrous.

Then please tell veracity to quit calling me a child abuser. Her abuse on these threads as well as others is getting a little old.

teehee, im sorry sheye, sorry the truth hurts

Wow! You must be one of these "tolerant" liberals I keep reading about.....no actually you're probably one of the most condescending and ill-mannered posters I've seen on this forum in a long time.

thanks?

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
More interesting info..
thefederalist.com...

A 13-year-old seventh grade girl committed suicide just before the Memorial Day holiday weekend. When the Alabama youth was halfway through sixth grade, she publicly identified as a boy, “Jay,” with the support of family and school. In addition to gender identity struggles, Jay’s mother says Jay battled depression and anxiety. “We were under the care of a psychologist from day one,” she says in an interview with AL.com. The LGBTQ lobby tell parents they must support and affirm their child’s transgender journey to prevent the child from attempting suicide. As this tragic case demonstrates, however, it’s an open question whether supporting a child’s gender switch adds stress rather than reducing it. In this case, the parents fully affirmed and supported her gender transition, yet tragically, depression led to suicide.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Sometimes we do not have to know everything, just enough to know that its working and to not judge.

We can't not judge.

We can lie about our judgements so as not to offend, or we can be honest about out judgements and possibly offend.

All these polarising conversations are the same.
Honesty is discouraged making a resolution almost impossible.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

you could make a fake profile, say name it "transregret" and post on here about the evils and disadvantages of transitioning to the opposite sex?

See what I mean? You call out fake on more info than trump does 😂

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Sometimes we do not have to know everything, just enough to know that its working and to not judge.

We can't not judge.

We can lie about our judgements so as not to offend, or we can be honest about out judgements and possibly offend.

NO, we CAN not judge

link   

So you're calling transgender children and adults whiners?

No, I'm saying that if someone wants to lose a limb they should lose it and get on with their lives.
And if someone wants to lose their junk then they should lose it and get on with their lives.

link   

thats bc you are like trump and believe anything that fits your agenda

and btw, that was not calling anything fake news...it was explaining how you could "find a regretful trans" to come talk to us on this board, lofl, omg that is such a funny thought, you are so cute
edit on 18-7-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This is a very interesting subject and one I am dealing with first hand. So I know both sides very, very well.

I do believe there is a pro-transgender and pro-gay agenda in most all forms of media and has been for sometime. Yet there is a HUGE lack of scientific data for a population that ranges from 0.3 - 0.7 percent at least in the US that is more coverage for a very, very small population of people. Even a Gallup polls find that we completely overestimate the amount of the population that is 3.8% of the adult population who identified themselves as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender...And goes on to state because of acceptance.

But here is my problem it is great that people are more accepting I am all for that. I do think that regardless of who you love or how you love that is your business. However when talking about surgically altering your sexuality I am left to wonder the same overestimates on who is happy or satisfied or because of youth were influenced...

It is cool or popular to be transgender like with the most male Icon I can remember from childhood going from Bruce to Caitlyn. I wonder a lot if this is a fad and once it is more widely accepted might loose its popularity? I am not putting morals to this I am however concerned that some times young people are more impressionable with fads and popularity and that unless there is an absolute medical reason they should not be allowed in any way to pursue the surgery aspect of this. Beyond that though is were I draw back and allow the parents to decide the child they brought into this world how they should be raised...

There are DNA tests that can potentially determine sexual orientation adds to the confusion is this biological or choice, something you are born with, is it environmental like a disease, a disorder, an anomaly, or conscious effort?

To me there should be much more research being done to see if this is nature or nurture and answer my why's before deciding the how's...Good article on Transgender DNA

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

We can't not judge.

NO, we CAN not judge

Maybe you can.
I don't know how you do it though.

We should all accept our judgements are meaningless (whether positive or negative) but I think you need autistic levels of apathy to not judge.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
More excerpts

First of all, we need to stop pretending that doctors have scientific backing for their recommendations for children with gender dysphoria. The truth is that no one can predict whether a gender dysphoric child will feel the same way years later. Kristina Olson, a research psychologist at the University of Washington, puts it this way: “We just don’t have definitive data one way or another.” That’s why Olson is leading a study of 300 trans children that will track outcomes over 20 years, “to be able to, hopefully, answer which children should or should not transition,” she said. In other words, we simply don’t know right now, yet parents and children are herded in one direction as if we do.

Children are encouraged, affirmed and assisted in “coming out” as transgendered without one word about the consequences of the dangerous game of “gender make-believe.” Today, the politically correct response expected from adults, especially parents, is to affirm the child in the desired gender. But affirmation gives young people false hope that they can really become a different gender. It’s a lie—a lie told with compassionate motives, but a lie nonetheless. Lying is not compassion.

For a vulnerable young person, pursuing a dream that is physically impossible to achieve can lead to depression, and depression is the leading cause of attempted suicide. The prevalence of suicide attempts among transgender or gender non-conforming youth is 45 percent, according to a 2014 report by the Williams Institute, University of California at Los Angeles School of Law, and the American Foundation of Suicide Prevention. It’s a startling statistic.

First of all, we need to stop pretending that doctors have scientific backing for their recommendations for children with gender dysphoria. The truth is that no one can predict whether a gender dysphoric child will feel the same way years later. Kristina Olson, a research psychologist at the University of Washington, puts it this way: “We just don’t have definitive data one way or another.” That’s why Olson is leading a study of 300 trans children that will track outcomes over 20 years, “to be able to, hopefully, answer which children should or should not transition,” she said. In other words, we simply don’t know right now, yet parents and children are herded in one direction as if we do.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

thats bc you are like trump and believe anything that fits your agenda

and btw, that was not calling anything fake news...it was explaining how you could "find a regretful trans" to come talk to us on this board, lofl, omg that is such a funny thought, you are so cute

My point was that if there was one... ATS would be the last place he/she would spill its regrets 😕
edit on 18-7-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: abeverage
This is a very interesting subject and one I am dealing with first hand. So I know both sides very, very well.

I do believe there is a pro-transgender and pro-gay agenda in most all forms of media and has been for sometime. Yet there is a HUGE lack of scientific data for a population that ranges from 0.3 - 0.7 percent at least in the US that is more coverage for a very, very small population of people. Even a Gallup polls find that we completely overestimate the amount of the population that is 3.8% of the adult population who identified themselves as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender...And goes on to state because of acceptance.

But here is my problem it is great that people are more accepting I am all for that. I do think that regardless of who you love or how you love that is your business. However when talking about surgically altering your sexuality I am left to wonder the same overestimates on who is happy or satisfied or because of youth were influenced...

It is cool or popular to be transgender like with the most male Icon I can remember from childhood going from Bruce to Caitlyn. I wonder a lot if this is a fad and once it is more widely accepted might loose its popularity? I am not putting morals to this I am however concerned that some times young people are more impressionable with fads and popularity and that unless there is an absolute medical reason they should not be allowed in any way to pursue the surgery aspect of this. Beyond that though is were I draw back and allow the parents to decide the child they brought into this world how they should be raised...

There are DNA tests that can potentially determine sexual orientation adds to the confusion is this biological or choice, something you are born with, is it environmental like a disease, a disorder, an anomaly, or conscious effort?

To me there should be much more research being done to see if this is nature or nurture and answer my why's before deciding the how's...Good article on Transgender DNA

how can this possibly be a fad? slap bracelets were a fad, belly button piercing is a fad, tight-rolled pants is a fad. How can transgerism possibly be a fad?

and...even if it were, there are psychologists and doctors who can filter through the "trans fad" and the real dysorphia.

Please quit using that as an excuse against helping trans kids with transitioning.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join