It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The transgender con ? Many transgender regret switch

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

So now you you know my intentions as well?

I wouldn't waste 40+ pages of discussing these things with you people if I didn't care.

In case you didn't know, I work with mentally ill and troubled teens, so these things matter to me quite a bit and is the reason I'm so passionate about it.

I'm not debating and stressing myself over this for fun, that's for sure.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
It's always the same old on these threads with a few individuals.

Your sources are bogus crap... blah blah blah.. conservative think tap crap.

Yeah... that's what happens when you only look at information that confirms your biases and # out anything else

Then they expect you to read their bais crap

No, what is expected is an informed opinion of ugh we're really concerned with havin. An open dialogue. That includes looking at BOTH sides of the topic. I have read your links and you admit that you refuse to read any peer reviewed papers and call them "biased science". But the stance is loaded with willful ignorance. You have no way of knowing the veracity of the material let alone if there is any bias because you refuse to look st something that doesn't stay true to your interpretation of the Bible. To try and claim otherwise simply furthers your lack of honesty in approaching the topics at hand.

and do a complete turnabout on your viewpoints.

Nobody has that expectation. The only expectation is an honest and informed dialogue. One which you have thus far refused to engage in.

My views are based on logic as well as reality.

Uninformed views are neither logical nor reality based. That's a hoot!

It's not natural to carve your body up ,to be something your not.

And again with the strawman arguments. What do you know of what is or is not natural? You will not acknowledge any genetics that proves that people are born with more variation than just XX or XY or the multitude of genetic mutations and varied gene expressions that occur within different people because you do not want to know that you could be wrong. It's much easier to get on your soap box and pontificate your self pious homilies when you're the one ignoring reality.

Furthermore, not every Transgendered person has surgery. Many live their lives with their original parts intact. Just another one of your multitudinous misrepresentations of Transgendered people. Why do you insist on distorting the truth in your quest for moral superiority?

That is the lie being told to transgendered ... and I think many suffer postsurgical depression, which is sad indeed.

You think a lot of things. Very few of them true.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
It takes years of consistent, persistent insistence before gender dysphoria can be diagnosed.

"They" just keep dismissing (ignoring) this part.

Most parents want their kids to be "normal".

Most parents will try to encourage "normal" and dissuade behaviors perceived outside acceptable "normal".

I remember listening to a radio discussion of 2 moms, dealing with a child that seemed to be showing signs of homosexuality. The lesbian moms reacted just like any other parents. They tried to encourage hetero behaviors.

This idea that parents try to force or encourage a child to fit into a 1% group, with years and years of doctors and therapy - - is ludicrous.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

So now you you know my intentions as well?

I wouldn't waste 40+ pages of discussing these things with you people if I didn't care.

In case you didn't know, I work with mentally ill and troubled teens, so these things matter to me quite a bit and is the reason I'm so passionate about it.

I'm not debating and stressing myself over this for fun, that's for sure.

well, im glad you are open-minded to learn more and find a way to help others. So you are a personal trainer / child therapist?

Very impressive. Those are 2 things i am passionate about as well but work in neither field.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

It takes years of consistent, persistent insistence before gender dysphoria can be diagnosed.

Most parents will try to encourage "normal" and dissuade behaviors perceived outside acceptable "normal".

I remember listening to a radio discussion of 2 moms, dealing with a child that seemed to be showing signs of homosexuality. The lesbian moms reacted just like any other parents. They tried to encourage hetero behaviors.

This idea that parents try to force or encourage a child to fit into a 1% group, with years and years of doctors and therapy - - is ludicrous.

Then please tell veracity to quit calling me a child abuser. Her abuse on these threads as well as others is getting a little old.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Then please tell veracity to quit calling me a child abuser. Her abuse on these threads as well as others is getting a little old.

Your obsession with transgenders is alarming.

You cherry pick articles from Right Wing Christian sites/blogs that are not valid.

You're on your own.

link   

originally posted by: veracity

originally posted by: research100
and how old is jenner...60 something....spent a lifetime unhappy and finally transitioned....but some on here INSIST it is a WHIM......jenner blows this lie out of the water

a reply to: violet

Children aren't given hormones at 11.

Caitlyn Jenner said she was always unhappy as a man, so good luck with the whole "regret" thing.

And he still isn't truly happy . Maybe he was just a malcontent for many reasons. Give Jenner another 10 years as a woman... than lets have a very honest chat with him. He's already admitted the transition wasn't as great as he expected.

lofl, LIE quit lying, im going to report you

I'm not lying.. he did go through self doubt .. he talked about it.. go ahead and report me.

link   

Yes, I've dedicated my life to helping others. I'm not necessarily a therapist by trade, didn't go to school or anything, but I've been volunteering for the past 8 years helping teens. I don't make a penny from this, in fact, I spend my own money on the kids and these programs. I do a lot of community work with them also.

This is why I focus a lot on social issues, it's a big part of who I am and what I do.

Anyways, this is not about me, just thought I'd clear it up a bit so you can understand where I'm coming from.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

You lie. Shame on you. Look up Leelah Alcorn. Look up the 2015 U.S. Transgender Survey - the largest survey of its kind ever conducted. The participants were anonymous, so there was no reason to make anything up. Look at what they said was the major reasons they wanted to commit suicide. Straight from the horse's mouth.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Reminder!!!

All rules for polite debate will be enforced.
Community Announcement re: Decorum

Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Then do what honest people do in a debate, cite a source supporting your claim. How hard is that?

link   

link   

You lie. Shame on you. Look up Leelah Alcorn. Look up the 2015 U.S. Transgender Survey - the largest survey of its kind ever conducted. The participants were anonymous, so there was no reason to make anything up. Look at what they said was the major reasons they wanted to commit suicide. Straight from the horse's mouth.

The survey sited in my OP was from 2016... you calling all of them liars ?

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

What survey? I didn't see any in your OP. Can you relink please?

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

yes, it is a religious fake news source made from liars and you fell for it

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Taking a break. Will be back later...

And my views on why I feel transgendered souls are at great risk of unhappiness and even suicidal will be continued.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I see no survey of trans people in your op

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Not really a similar condition at all. It is normal to have a gender. It isn't normal to be missing limbs. Not everyone with gender dysphoria wants the sex change surgery. Everyone with body integrity disorder wants a limb amputated.

Both cases have the same solution of altering the body to match the mind.

Body integrity disorder isn't as trendy so no one really cares about them, but it's the same lack of comfort with the cards you were dealt. It might even be a good starting point to the discussion as it sidesteps the sexuality/morality part which scares the churchies.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join