It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The transgender con ? Many transgender regret switch

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

That's never worked with any other kid with gender dysphoria - I don't know why you think it will work for you.

Look up Leelah Alcorn.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Fair enough, that makes sense.

I guess a similar condition are those people who cut off their arms because it feels wrong.

It's hard to understand but if it works it works.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Dresses and nail polish were invented by humans, it's not inherently girl things, only by society standards it is.

How does a child even know girls do those things?

I've asked this before but I haven't got an answer yet - what can a child do instinctively to show they're suffering from dysphoria?
edit on 18-7-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: abeverage

originally posted by: testingtesting

Also the article mentions God.

Except for, say, a guy who had sex-change surgery and now would like to have his penis back. (The one God gave him.)

Sorry it is bias right wing fake news.
I'm out I suggest doing what Jesus would do and love and accept folk.

So anyone who is Transgender, Gay, Bisexual, Non-sexual, Non-binary etc...cannot believe in God? Also they are automatically liberal?

And as far as Jesus is concerned he accepted but asked that they stop sinning there is actually a difference...

But then why does religion have any place in this? I'd personally like to see a non-biased scientific survey done, yet none seem to exist with out some right or left leaning. I like facts and statistics without religion.

He never suggested that they cannot believe in god. His point is that the articles are based on the Bible. Would you trust articles that are based on Islamic beliefs?

Saying bless you after someone sneezes doesn't make me a Christian nor does mentioning god create an automatic bias. Funny how mentioning god makes this somehow right-wing or christian. I find it interesting that it does...he could be Jewish, or Zoroastrian, rastafarian even FSM is a god...and may bestow penis'

And yeah if he said Allah it wouldn't change the bias to me.

I am concerned about the reality of Transgender regret and gender contentment rather than personal belief which are can be very different and at odds with our view of god or sex. I am also concerned about seeing bias on both sides a pro agenda and then the backlash. Also I am extremely interested with the science...if my DNA says I am female, but my brain says I am not, is this a disease or a malfunction?

link   

originally posted by: veracity

originally posted by: Sheye

It was directed at knowledgehunter.

Anyway you said that parents should encourage their transgender children to like their own biological sex. What is your suggestion if the transgender children persist in expressing their gender identity?

I think through very long chats , questions with honest answers a child would not persist .

lofl, so basically long chats and questions until the child gives up and decides to just be brainwashed and miserable they will then stop persisting?

OMG, maybe you ARE a monster.

That is why distress exist. And depression.

And what if they aren't depressed after , but some happy go lucky kid freed from the shackles of his school indoctrinating them into unhealthy practices ?

What if someday he says " geez mom... so happy you talked some sense into me as a kid. I wanted to be trans cause Johnny was, and he got so much attention from other kids. Everyone wanted to hang out with him cause he was the new cool. He was even the teachers pet ...but I heard he killed himself a few years ago because of serious surgical regrets . So thanks again mom... for showing me how to love the gender I was born to... that allowed me to become a very happy husband and father."

link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

you are not giving children enough credit. They see the pretty women with their long hair and painted nails on tv, commercials, at the mall, the manniquins. Children are like little sponges. They see their pretty mom brushing her long hair, they know they want that too, but unfortunatly too young to let anyone know and obvious signs of depression happen.

I agree they are not inherently "girl things" which is just one more reason why a mother should allow her son to be happy and partake in them.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

edit on 18-7-2017 by ionaHarrison because: quote messed up

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Anyway you said that parents should encourage their transgender children to like their own biological sex. What is your suggestion if the transgender children persist in expressing their gender identity?

I think through very long chats , questions with honest answers a child would not persist .

lofl, so basically long chats and questions until the child gives up and decides to just be brainwashed and miserable they will then stop persisting?

And what if they aren't depressed after , but some happy go lucky kid freed from the shackles of his school indoctrinating them into unhealthy practices ?

What if someday he says " geez mom... so happy you talked some sense into me as a kid. I wanted to be trans cause Johnny was, and he got so much attention from other kids. Everyone wanted to hang out with him cause he was the new cool. He was even the teachers pet ...but I heard he killed himself a few years ago because of serious surgical regrets . So thanks again mom... for showing me how to love the gender I was born to... that allowed me to become a very happy husband and father."

if they are not depressed then there is no issue

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: veracity

Dresses and nail polish were invented by humans, it's not inherently girl things, only by society standards it is.

How does a child even know girls do those things?

I've asked this before but I haven't got an answer yet - what can a child do instinctively to show they're suffering from dysphoria?

We already gave you answers.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

. a child would not persist .

word to the wise, my parents thought they knew what was best too. they made their attitude - similar to yours - well known, to the point that when i figured out what i am, i simply didn't tell them. i pretended to be 'normal' and i had a horrific abysmal excuse for a childhood, a decade of pure agony, as a result.
eventually, i ran away and transitioned anyway.
now i am a happy, healthy woman.
all my parents achieved with their archaic attitudes and abuses was to completely ruin years and years of my life and ultimately get themselves cut out of my life for good.
edit on 18-7-2017 by continuousThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

You've yet to show this school indoctrination.

Oh BTW cool story sis.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Not really a similar condition at all. It is normal to have a gender. It isn't normal to be missing limbs. Not everyone with gender dysphoria wants the sex change surgery. Everyone with body integrity disorder wants a limb amputated.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Cutting limbs off makes you less functional.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar
a reply to: kaylaluv

Fair enough, that makes sense.

I guess a similar condition are those people who cut off their arms because it feels wrong.

It's hard to understand but if it works it works.

I am not trans so I do not fully understand either, however I am a warrior in making sure everyone, especially children, are at their optimum happiness. Im glad it makes sense to you a little more. Sometimes we do not have to know everything, just enough to know that its working and to not judge.

edit on 18-7-2017 by veracity because: is /are ???

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder

word to the wise, my parents thought they knew what was best too. they made their attitude - similar to yours - well known, to the point that when i figured out what i am, i simply didn't tell them. i pretended to be 'normal' and i had a horrific abysmal excuse for a childhood, a decade of pure agony, as a result.
all my parents achieved with their archaic attitudes and abuses was to completely ruin years and years of my life and ultimately get themselves cut out of my life for good.

Shey, is this the mother you want to be?

I don't believe that story ... and I would be the mother who tried to pull everything out of my child. They wouldn't try to hide to much.
If a child of mine did transgender and decided to hold it against me .. for not supporting transition as a child , so be it... he loses a loving parent. They could very well turn against you for allowing transitioning at an age when they are not prepared emotionally , mentally, or psychologically to make such irreversible choices.

They may just call you a child abuser for allowing a child to make such an important decision.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

you are not giving children enough credit. They see the pretty women with their long hair and painted nails on tv, commercials, at the mall, the manniquins. Children are like little sponges. They see their pretty mom brushing her long hair, they know they want that too, but unfortunatly too young to let anyone know and obvious signs of depression happen.

I agree they are not inherently "girl things" which is just one more reason why a mother should allow her son to be happy and partake in them.

Isn't this a perfect example of external influences?

Here's a hypothetical scenario.

Take a child that has never been exposed to a female before, he has never even left his house, he doesn't even know that female's exists. What could be exhibit to show he's suffering from dysphoria?

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I don't believe that story ... and I would be the mother who tried to pull everything out of my child. They wouldn't try to hide to much.
If a child of mine did transgender and decided to hold it against me .. for not supporting transition as a child , so be it... he loses a loving parent. They could very well turn against you for allowing transitioning at an age when they are not prepared emotionally , mentally, or psychologically to make such irreversible choices.

They may just call you a child abuser for allowing a child to make such an important decision.

so you believe she is making it up? Look up Leelah Alcorn's story...how about that mother? Would you want to be that mother who pushed her child to suicide?

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Isn't this a perfect example of external influences?

Here's a hypothetical scenario.

Take a child that has never been exposed to a female before, he has never even left his house, he doesn't even know that female's exists. What could be exhibit to show he's suffering from dysphoria?

Please just use your brain, im sick of these stupid questions, if you keep a child walled up inside it is also a form of abuse.
edit on 18-7-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

so you believe she is making it up? Look up Leelah Alcorn's story...how about that mother? Would you want to be that mother who pushed her child to suicide?

Would you want to be the mother of a transgendered child who later goes on to commit suicide because of regret ?

The odds of that happening far outweigh the other.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join