It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The transgender con ? Many transgender regret switch

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
a reply to: dreamingawake

I find your information biased 😁... much like the arcticle states.. the true numbers of regrets are stifled and made quiet by transgender community

Speaking of bias, your source is just that. This was pointed out not only by me but by another member later on. That is a "poll" about plastic surgery regret, not trans surgery. So, where is your evidence to make such a bolt assessment in this thread? It's not at the source.

The studies(not polls😁) I shared aren't from the trans community. You or anyone who agreed want to point out the bias at the source of the studies?

Of course you won't because of your own convictions. So much for denying ignorance. 😁
edit on 18-7-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

growing up, especially puberty, is a very confusing time. I don't know what me or some of the kids I went to school with may have done if we had this propaganda shoved in our face since birth. I personally never contemplated suicide and I probably would not have done any sex change, but I'm just saying... there WERE times that I wondered what was wrong with me. I was never confident around females until around age 22 or 23. But now that I've matured and grown into my body, and had experiences with heartbreak, and learned that I actually do have some "strengths" I never realized I had that help me tremendously in having more successful interactions with the opposite sex, I LOVE my penis!!! I LOVE being a MAN!!!

I can guarantee you a lot of these people out there, are employing a permanent solution to a temporary problem. It's a "the grass is always greener on the other side" type of thing. A kid will be sitting there thinking "man... ANYTHING has to be better than this!" But what they don't know is, it DOES get better! 99.999% of the time, it DOES get better.

Even if I did feel out of plac in my body... I would still rather have a normal God-given penis, than a fricken... gaffled, artificial abomination of a vagina... Same if the situation was VICE VERSA. I love being a man. But if I were "born in the wrong body", and I felt like a boy inside, same as I do now, but I was, in fact, a girl, I would definitely rather keep my vagina! Even more so than I wanted to keep my penis in the first scenario. A vagina... Children, gather round... A vagina is a very special thing. For someone to... mutilate, their vagina, in some vain attempt to attain penis ownership... that's... that's just... no. Just no. Lock em up and throw away the key, cause they are NOT right. They are dangerous. To figuratively toss it aside, like an old glove? [giggity] That is the definition of self harm. A vagina is a BIG responsibility, ok? I can understand the fear. But once you have it relatively tamed and learned it's ins and outs... You can develop a very rewarding relationship with your vagina. It will bring you everlasting joys from every angle, if you can master it's capabilities. Whatever you ended up with after the operation... whatever joke of a penis they created... there is NO WAY IN HELL it is better, in ANY way shape or form, than a natural, God-given vagina. And that's coming from a man. As much as I love my penis, if I wasn't born with one, I would have to accept that. The alternative is... just silly. Well, if it wasn't so harmful, then it would be silly. It's actually tragic.

It's like when a kid wants to be a magician, and his parents go spend money getting the cape, the hat, the tricks, the wand and everything, and then a week and a half later, now he thinks magic is dorky and for little kids, now he's into taking karate classes.

Yeah, if I come across a transgender, youre goddamn right I'll love them and give them assistance if needed, and everything else just like I would for anyone else. It's not these poor victims any of us have a problem with. Its the doctors teachers, celebs, etc... Macklemore will always be there to tug the ol heartstrings for a few bucks. You can say "live and let live" but THEY are not "living and letting live", so, it can't really apply to them. They are abusing children physically mentally and emotionally, so no I will not live and let live. I would do what Jesus would do and simply expose their deeds for what they are. The surgeons have no problem, like ATS MEMBER Kalixi said, they offer the reassignment and the reversal. If you wind up doing both, even better for them.

BTW... I never knew there was a "reversal".... It's hard enough to wrap my head around the initial reassignment surgery... but then... to try to put it back to normal again??? You better have all the king's horses and all the king's men there ready to provide assistance. Even then...

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
One big problem is... hmmm....

I can see how they did this...

First they targeted the nuclear family.

The following generations would have an epidemic of broken families...

Tons of kids growing up without a father to teach them how to be a man. A child needs encouragement and reassurance. Without that, who knows what path they will end up going down?

These children out here have nobody to teach them properly how to be men and women.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Do you have any evidence, study, suggestions, that talk of a change in society has anything to do with a growing number of trans people? Some here in the past have troll-fully threw around one in four children now days, which is a lie.
edit on 18-7-2017 by dreamingawake because: any*

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
So someone is dead set on transitioning to a male or female. How are you going to stop them?

We don't want to "stop" anyone from doing what they want to themselves.

Once they are old enough, they have "freedom" to cut off their arms and legs and live like a "disabled" person, if they so choose.

They might want to see life from that point of view.

It might be a "research project" for someone, curious about how other people cope with being different etc..

But, we are not going to accept the "bull", that nature "made them want to transition" because they are really a different type of human from the rest of us.

It's just "a choice". And we respect people's choices. But, we will open our mouths and tell them what we think, so that they will have heard all the arguments for and against, before taking the plunge.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Is it mental illness of someone wants to cut their leg off because they see themselves as a handicap person?

What about blinding ones self because they feel this is how they should be.

Wrong Brains? lol what a stupid idea if ever one.

(post by RainbowPhoenix removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

It's always the same old on these threads with a few individuals.

Your sources are bogus crap... blah blah blah.. conservative think tap crap.

Then they expect you to read their bais crap and do a complete turnabout on your viewpoints.

My views are based on logic as well as reality. It's not natural to carve your body up ,to be something your not. That is the lie being told to transgendered ... and I think many suffer postsurgical depression, which is sad indeed.

It's always the same old making and on these threads with a few individuals.

They make a thread, share biased sources, demean a whole community, then are astounded when people counter their dis-info instead of doing a turnabout on their views. Namely people that are trans themselves, who have experience. Unlike the soapbox who whine, make thread topics all day about it because they are deathly afraid.

I wonder, fear or a vie for attention similar to the serial spammer-who you stood up for. That's all I needed to know then.

Since when is having a concerned opinion being demeaning or spamming?

Only pro transition threads can be started on this site ?

We have a right to concerned opinions.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

a reply to: dreamingawake

I find your information biased 😁... much like the arcticle states.. the true numbers of regrets are stifled and made quiet by transgender community

Speaking of bias, your source is just that. This was pointed out not only by me but by another member later on. That is a "poll" about plastic surgery regret, not trans surgery. So, where is your evidence to make such a bolt assessment in this thread? It's not at the source.

The studies(not polls😁) I shared aren't from the trans community. You or anyone who agreed want to point out the bias at the source of the studies?

Of course you won't because of your own convictions. So much for denying ignorance. 😁

I had 3 links in this thread and excerpts from each. Here is one with the study mentioned

www.thepublicdiscourse.com...

Twelve years ago, The Guardian reported that a review of more than 100 international medical studies of post-operative transgender patients by the University of Birmingham Aggressive Research Intelligence Facility found “no robust scientific evidence that gender reassignment surgery is clinically effective . . . Research from the US and Holland suggests that up to a fifth of patients regret changing sex.”

My apologies.. I was reading quite a bit of material on this (not all posted)and got mixed up as to where I read what🤔

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: Willtell
So someone is dead set on transitioning to a male or female. How are you going to stop them?

We don't want to "stop" anyone from doing what they want to themselves.

Once they are old enough, they have "freedom" to cut off their arms and legs and live like a "disabled" person, if they so choose.

They might want to see life from that point of view.

It might be a "research project" for someone, curious about how other people cope with being different etc..

But, we are not going to accept the "bull", that nature "made them want to transition" because they are really a different type of human from the rest of us.

It's just "a choice". And we respect people's choices. But, we will open our mouths and tell them what we think, so that they will have heard all the arguments for and against, before taking the plunge.

This is such garbage. No people don't have choices in how their chromosomes and genes form in utero. Hate to break it to you but humans are more than just XX and XY. There are several variations in chromosomes alone as well as several genes that can affect how feminine or masculine a person is on a genetic level. This is far beyond just how, or who, people feel or they are.

I find it interesting how concerned you are with people who actually have zero impact on your personal life that you need to give them all the arguments for or against yet are completely unwilling to entertain the same for yourself. Hypocrite much?

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
We live in seriously disturbing times... turn off the screens...

edit on 18-7-2017 by MarkOfTheV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

This is an exploratory field, we should leave them to their private lives.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

I don't think anyone is denying that. On an individual basis, if they are a grown adult, they can do to their bodies what they want.

The problems are things like teaching kids that transexuality is normal and should be promoted in schools, confusing impressionable minds. The problem is activist groups suing to let anatomical boys go into girl's showers. The problem is pushing the rest of society to accept what is not normal.

Things like that.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

All fine and dandy .. then they should quit posting publically about it , if they wish it to be so private, and stop indoctrinating our young children in schools.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

All fine and dandy .. then they should quit posting publically about it , if they wish it to be so private, and stop indoctrinating our young children in schools.

They aren't doing it, the people with any say regarding your schools is! If you disagree get over there and protest.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

This is such garbage. No people don't have choices

What a load of bull. We all have choices. We are not just machines following our programming.

Regardless of XX and XY or whatver, you get one penis or one vagina. Very few people get both. And unless you merge with your twin in the womb, nobody comes out with two of either of these parts.

I find it interesting how concerned you are with people who actually have zero impact on your personal life that you need to give them all the arguments for or against yet are completely unwilling to entertain the same for yourself. Hypocrite much?

I have no idea what you mean there. Unable to understand your point. Sorry. Everybody in my environment is of concern to me. If someone is drowning in the lake, I'd jump in to save them. I wouldn't just stand there and say "They have no impact on my life, lets leave them be. Let them drown. None of my business."

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

All fine and dandy .. then they should quit posting publically about Christianity , if they wish it to be so private, and stop indoctrinating our young children in schools.
Have you seen the movie "Jesus Camp" as I have suggested to you?

edit on 7/18/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

If you find that disturbing then I might change my mind about you.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Cutting limbs off makes you less functional.

Whining about limbs you don't want makes you even less functional.

So you're calling transgender children and adults whiners?

No, I'm saying that if someone wants to lose a limb they should lose it and get on with their lives.
And if someone wants to lose their junk then they should lose it and get on with their lives.

That's what they have been doing. The OP is bringing too much attention to them.

Then why do they start threads on this site saying Transgender is not a mental illness.

These transgendered are bringing attention to themselves , with their stories.

I thought I'd share some stories from the other side of surgery that have to do with extreme regret, at times even leading to death by suicide or euthanasia. Members here may want to know that a 13 year old transitioning, with good support from school and family , ended up killing herself. That is mental illness.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join