It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of children being referred to gender identity clinics has quadrupled in five years

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

It's in the UK. in on my tablet, so I can't post links, but if you look up NHS.uk and search for gender dysphoria treatments, it will explain. There will be a section on treating kids under 18 using these "clinics". Interesting that the website states most of the treatment will be psychological rather than medical or surgical as most children with suspected gender dysphoria don't actually have it. But yeah, the sky is falling...
edit on 8-7-2017 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: CurlySue

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: CurlySue

American college of Pediatricians - "a hate group with a history of propagating damaging falsehoods against the LGBT community"

I can't post a link right now, but look them up on Wikipedia.

You label them a HATE group? Are you insane? Wow, just wow...

Anything that doesn't push you narrative gets a label and pushed to the sidelines, I see how you guys and gals work.

They are a hate group.

Why? Because you want them to be?
Because they disagree with you?
Where's your proof?

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Ooooooh, how very dare you! That's why you got my response there.

I've been sitting this one out so far but here's my thoughts.

It doesn't seem that long ago that parents were up in arms about schools teaching sex ed because that's the parents job. All fine and dandy but now...

Progressive liberalism insists on getting into every facet of life.

A new industry seems to have emerged which will, as all industries do, seek to expand its market.

Parenting in general has been slowly eroded in favour of "experts" and "government".

I have nothing against anyone of any sexual persuasion but I fear that children of all sorts are vulnerable to the whims/abuses/mistakes of those whose job it is to teach and protect them.

That is all.

link   
a reply to: Annee

This isn't a reply to your post.. but I wanted to ask you a question about what you would say to children. " You are who you are " being one of them. If an 8 year old told you he felt like a girl and wanted to have ansl sex with an 11 year old boy dressed up in girls clothes ... how would you reply to that.

You may suggest he waits, but what if he just says thats who I am .. I like sex with him , and he likes it with me... why can't we be free to do that ?

This does have to do with the topic.. and I would love your words of wisdom in response.

edit on 8-7-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: CurlySue

Yes they are a hate group because they hate gays and trans people.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I think the smarter thing to do is acknowledge the - as you put it - sky is falling, and act accordingly, rather than ignoring it and trying to lift it off after it has crashed down on us.
edit on 8-7-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: TzarChasm
. . . wait until you are old enough to at least drive, . . .

Way too late.

Hormone blockers need to be taken before any physical changes that happen during puberty.

I don't see why anyone "needs" to take anything. That's too much focus on the physical outer appearance. If you're really different inside, then you shouldn't need to take any chemical modifiers to change anything about yourself. Who is looking at you? Be whatsoever you are "naturally". If you're "forcing" it, to come into being, it's not really you.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

In my eyes, this is definitely abuse. 5 year olds cry and drink milk. They have no clue or understanding about any of this, and to force this on to them is abuse. I can't understand how any parent is OK with this.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Yeah, let's acknowledge that the sky isn't really falling here.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
It's pretty simple, let kids be kids, let them learn on their own, and let them learn at their own pace. Who here can refute this -- kids are incapable of understanding all the dynamics and nuances of what a "gender role" may or may not entail? This nonsense does not belong in our schools. Stop mind#ing our kids.. excuse my french..

First of all, we are not talking about diagnosed cases of gender dysphoria. We are talking about using a diagnostic tool that is either ruled out or further investigated. Just like screening for any other ailment that might fit. Just because your symptoms lead doctors to run labs on you to see if you have diabetes, it doesn't mean you have diabetes; it just means they want to rule it out because of your symptoms.

And second, it's difficult to determine demographic statistics on this because, up until recently, it was something that's so taboo, it drove many to suicide or into "stealth". We can, upon posthumous examination of brains, tell when somebody's neurological gender didn't match their external genitalia but this isn't exactly a practical way to gather census. In other words, it's extremely difficult to use history to determine how common gender dysphoria is; we only know it's been a thing since the dawn of written history.

So naturally, when information is available, more children it's applicable to might respond. And, just like the adults who are suspicious of having something specific wrong with them and request the doctor screen them for it, some parents will want to rule this out if their child is giving reasons to do so.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Yeah, let's acknowledge that the sky isn't really falling here.

Nope.. skies don't fall.. but the earth might just give a mighty shake or two.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Well it's obvious you are firm with your beliefs and there's really no swaying it.

I just hope you have the same conviction the day it comes crashing down and you realize the true nature of it.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Oh no, it's much more fun to scream that millions of 5-year-olds are getting their pee pees cut off by mad doctors.

edit on 8-7-2017 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
So what age is too young to analyse and diagnose GD?

3 years old? 5 years old? What age should we allot hormone blockers to be administered?
edit on 8-7-2017 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

And when the suicide rate for trans kids goes down over the next decades, I hope you will admit that education on the subject was a good idea.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

This is far from fun and I never once suggested anything to do with cutting genitals.

My premise was very simple - this should not be forced on the kids at such an early age where they are incapable of understanding all the dynamics and nuances of "gender roles".

Do you agree with this, or see any flaw in my logic?

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Read Abysha's post above. It says it much more eloquently than I could have.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I just honestly had never heard of it, never even considered such a thing.

I think we talked about it before, a good friend of my wife (like 20 years) has suffered from GD her entire life and is now going through the talks with a psychiatrist before getting clearance for the medical/chemical portion of the transformation.

I know it is real, this just surprised me, If it is just 1 clinic I dont see a problem, it is when they have 1 in each region that it becomes an industry and you have to be concerned about kids being pushed into something they do not really feel., for the profit of it.

Least that is my nickles worth.
edit on 8-7-2017 by Irishhaf because: couple words

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: Tulpa

In my eyes, this is definitely abuse. 5 year olds cry and drink milk. They have no clue or understanding about any of this, and to force this on to them is abuse. I can't understand how any parent is OK with this.

I can't help wonder if the parents are subject to the same level of psychiatric assessments as the child?
I agree that it seems far too young.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Children are not given any medical intervention at 3 or 5 years.

Hormone blockers may be given during the earliest stages of puberty. Hormone blockers have been used for many years as treatment for early on-set puberty, so they aren't new.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join