It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of children being referred to gender identity clinics has quadrupled in five years

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: InThisTwilight
Hello, I just wanted to share this info with you all:

“Rates of suicide are twenty times greater among adults who use cross-sex hormones and undergo sex reassignment surgery, even in Sweden which is among the most LGBTQ – affirming countries. What compassionate and reasonable person would condemn young children to this fate knowing that after puberty as many as 88% of girls and 98% of boys will eventually accept reality and achieve a state of mental and physical health?”

theamericanrevenant.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">“Gender Identity” Concept Came From A Pedophile and Human Experimenter

There was also this famous study done where a doctor took twin boys and raised them as a boy and girl. I can't remember the name of the Doc or the study, but I do remember that it didn't end well.

Yeah... that study actually provided evidence that gender dysphoria is a thing and not a product of environment.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: MisterSpock

It isn't just the child's decision. There are multiple adults involved, including the parents, therapists, medical doctors, etc.

Ultimately though it does have to be their decision and their decision only, I'd hope.

What age is acceptable to make that decision?

How does that decision differ in scope or scale compared to being sexually active? Why would we allow a disparity between the two?

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: InThisTwilight

More lies...

Or maybe not..

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

“Rates of suicide are twenty times greater among adults who use cross-sex hormones and undergo sex reassignment surgery, even in Sweden which is among the most LGBTQ – affirming countries. What compassionate and reasonable person would condemn young children to this fate knowing that after puberty as many as 88% of girls and 98% of boys will eventually accept reality and achieve a state of mental and physical health?”

theamericanrevenant.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">“Gender Identity” Concept Came From A Pedophile and Human Experimenter

There was also this famous study done where a doctor took twin boys and raised them as a boy and girl. I can't remember the name of the Doc or the study, but I do remember that it didn't end well.

Yeah... that study actually provided evidence that gender dysphoria is a thing and not a product of environment.

I'd have gender dysphoria too if I was forced by a Doc to grow up as a girl. Would explain why both committed suicide later on.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I have not read through this thread, just to lay the land.

I grew up a tom boy, that is what my condition was named, but I was athletic and feminine and strong and so much more.

Who can define an individual's unique individual existence?

I certainly can not.

But, I am feminine, yet strong...what does that entail along the lines DNA and gender?
edit on 17CDT08America/Chicago04880831 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

My child insists and has insisted for a long time that he is a boy. The day I send him to 1st grade and he comes home and tells me he's not a boy anymore because of the gender spectrum bear chart the teacher showed him in class is the day I may go postal on someone.

We haven't trained him on anything. We let him be who he is, but "educating" him the way they a prone to can mess with him and I do not want that. Let him be.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

I was a tomboy and proud of it. Today they would likely try to tell me I am gender confused because of it.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

You have a source for that? Please don't waste my time with one full of "maybe's" "might be's", one that involved a sample size of a few of dozen, or one that determines "neurological gender" based some variant of a mean rather than across the full spectrum, or that doesn't rule out other potential causes/reasons for the observed mismatch.

Second time you've posted this video, second time I've watched it. It's unconvincing. Doesn't address sample size, doesn't address other reasons for changes in brain structures, as I recall last time I looked up the actual study he referred to and it involved "average" brain structures rather than brain structure ranges.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: imwilliam

You have a source for that? Please don't waste my time with one full of "maybe's" "might be's", one that involved a sample size of a few of dozen, or one that determines "neurological gender" based some variant of a mean rather than across the full spectrum, or that doesn't rule out other potential causes/reasons for the observed mismatch.

Second time you've posted this video, second time I've watched it. It's unconvincing. Doesn't address sample size, doesn't address other reasons for changes in brain structures, as I recall last time I looked up the actual study he referred to and it involved "average" brain structures rather than brain structure ranges.

Ok... if it's enough to convince the most brilliant neurologists out there to study it yet not good enough for you.

I really don't give a #.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=22438524]SteamyJean

As far as Tavistock, a quick Google brings up talk of being independent financed and interested by all yeh big names, Rockefeller , Rothschild, etc... Tavistock big on influencing social changes and norms ... big into Eugenics.. all the good conspiracy stuff.. but I can't confirm right now so enter at your own risk..

Tavistock isn't something to be Googled. You have to put in some heavy research in order to understand what tomes are even kept and cataloged there. Don't believe everything you read online heavily applies here. ESPECIALLY FROM GOOGLE. Look up European Pact for Gender Equality spearheaded by the Council of the European Union which is #2 in guiding world affairs. Ministers around the world are accepting this pact constructed by this powerful global lobbying cabal.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I'd have gender dysphoria too if I was forced by a Doc to grow up as a girl. Would explain why both committed suicide later on.

OF COURSE YOU WOULD! Because you are not a girl! That's the point. You can't turn somebody into a girl or a boy if they know they are something else. If you were forced to live as a girl, yes, you would have gender dysphoria since you know you are really a boy.

That's what that experiment was all about.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
So how are we to handle this? Zinnia Jones thinks straight men who won't date transwomen need to work through that.

So we're setting these kids up for a tough life like Zinnia has where she had to be upset that straight men won't basically date a biological male, no matter how much like a woman she has made herself appear to be. She really shouldn't be shocked.

I wonder how the gay allies are going to take this because now the trans-activists like Zinnia are saying that you should not be locked in your sexual preferences by your biological sex, which is how gays define themselves, but solely by your gender preferences so that transpeople can be dated and accepted for who they want to be, not who they actually are.

And this is what we are setting these kids up for in their lives.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

OF COURSE YOU WOULD! Because you are not a girl! That's the point. You can't turn somebody into a girl or a boy if they know they are something else. If you were forced to live as a girl, yes, you would have gender dysphoria since you know you are really a boy.

So wouldn't you say the study was flawed and unethical, and therefore isn't something to tote as proof?
edit on 8-7-2017 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
So how are we to handle this? Zinnia Jones thinks straight men who won't date transwomen need to work through that.

So we're setting these kids up for a tough life like Zinnia has where she had to be upset that straight men won't basically date a biological male, no matter how much like a woman she has made herself appear to be. She really shouldn't be shocked.

I wonder how the gay allies are going to take this because now the trans-activists like Zinnia are saying that you should not be locked in your sexual preferences by your biological sex, which is how gays define themselves, but solely by your gender preferences so that transpeople can be dated and accepted for who they want to be, not who they actually are.

And this is what we are setting these kids up for in their lives.

She does not speak for everybody, let alone other transwomen.

What she needs to get over is the fact that a dude not wanting to sleep with a woman who has a penis is not transphobia. It's simply a dude who isn't comfortable enough around penises.

I've had straight guys tell me, in the most sensitive and respectful ways that, even though they are attracted to me, they can't get past that fact and to call them after my operation, lol.

I've also had straight guys (like my current boyfriend) who never had any thoughts one way or another about penises and just adored me anyway.

In neither of those cases are those men transphobic. Most people don't believe the way Zinnia Jones does.
edit on 8-7-2017 by Abysha because: clarifying

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

So wouldn't you say the study was flawed and unethical, and therefore isn't something to tote as proof?

It was absolutely unethical! And it backfired on them. They were trying to prove the opposite; that environment can determine your gender which it can't.

To clarify, it was never meant as an experiment to begin with; it just became one after they started studying the twin.
edit on 8-7-2017 by Abysha because: clarifying

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That's why children, any children should not be treated as an adult.

I'm all for encouraging anyone to be who they want, but this issue can lead to abuse and exploitation of children.

A couple we know have a son. They are activists for the LGBT community. They claimed their son as gay before he even said anything. We know this because he and our son used to do sleepovers a lot.

Is he gay?

Well now he says he is. Is it because his parents wanted him to be gay?

Who knows.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Whether nurture is possible or not, you cannot dismiss social pressure, and maybe some people try to force themselves to be something they are not, which can explain the confusion, the depression and mental illness that follows.

My imo though, is you can definitely be nurtured, the human condition is extremely complex and to say otherwise would be naive.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

And most gay people aren't going to go out of their way to force religious institutions to act against their faith either, but it doesn't take most. It only takes that rabid, vocal few to create the problem for everyone else.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Was hoping someone could answer my logic problem. Guess I'll just give up. It was a bit of a trap.

At best, you'd have to argue from a point of hippocracy, at worst you'd have to take a stance that would support sexual activity for children.

Sadly I'll just have to draw my own conclusion as to what the answers would be.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

It was absolutely unethical! And it backfired on them. They were trying to prove the opposite; that environment can determine your gender which it can't.

Well no, they were trying to prove that gender was a neutral thing.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join