It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of children being referred to gender identity clinics has quadrupled in five years

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I think that's where the disconnect with this topic comes from, people think we are anti gay or anti transgender, which isn't the case at all. I'm all for ultimate individual freedoms, but there is nothing you could say to me that would make me understand the need to push this on to kindergarten kids.

This is absolutely abuse..

Do you even remember what you were thinking about at 5? Probably milk and crayons.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: Abysha

... you cannot dismiss social pressure, and maybe some people try to force themselves to be something they are not, which can explain the confusion, the depression and mental illness that follows.

You just described gender dysphoria. A large part of it is distress caused by forcing themselves to be something they are not.

My imo though, is you can definitely be nurtured, the human condition is extremely complex and to say otherwise would be naive.

No. Time and time again, history has shown us that you cannot force a person to be a gender they know they are not. As with that study with the twins, and the "sister". He was raised only knowing a vagina and female pronouns. Yet he knew he was a boy and later discovered he was only a "girl" because of a botched circumcision.

link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I remember disliking kindergarten because it was boring.

link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Nobody answering was your answer

I was going to answer earlier but forgot..

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Thanks to a popular character on the exhilarating HBO fantasy series Game of Thrones, many viewers are learning the meaning of the word "eunuch" for the first time. The term describes a man who has been castrated, his testicles either removed or rendered nonfunctional by chemical means. In the show, the castrated Varys serves as the "master of whisperers": a cunning and calculating spymaster. Impervious to the lustful wants and weaknesses of other men, he is "sly, obsequious, and without scruples."

"Mommy Mommy, when I grow up I want to be a Eunuch ok?"

"yes little johnny, I'm glad you've made me aware of who you really are, we can talk to a doctor and start your treatments soon"

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
This surprises no one.... social engineering.

Maybe that whole keep the population under 500 million isn't going to be so hard to achieve....

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: InThisTwilight
Hello, I just wanted to share this info with you all:

“Rates of suicide are twenty times greater among adults who use cross-sex hormones and undergo sex reassignment surgery, even in Sweden which is among the most LGBTQ – affirming countries. What compassionate and reasonable person would condemn young children to this fate knowing that after puberty as many as 88% of girls and 98% of boys will eventually accept reality and achieve a state of mental and physical health?”

theamericanrevenant.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">“Gender Identity” Concept Came From A Pedophile and Human Experimenter

There was also this famous study done where a doctor took twin boys and raised them as a boy and girl. I can't remember the name of the Doc or the study, but I do remember that it didn't end well.

Yeah... that study actually provided evidence that gender dysphoria is a thing and not a product of environment.

I'd have gender dysphoria too if I was forced by a Doc to grow up as a girl. Would explain why both committed suicide later on.

OF COURSE YOU WOULD! Because you are not a girl! That's the point. You can't turn somebody into a girl or a boy if they know they are something else. If you were forced to live as a girl, yes, you would have gender dysphoria since you know you are really a boy.

That's what that experiment was all about.

So wouldn't you say the study was flawed and unethical, and therefore isn't something to tote as proof?

It was absolutely unethical! And it backfired on them. They were trying to prove the opposite; that environment can determine your gender which it can't.

Well no, they were trying to prove that gender was a neutral thing.

You're talking about the Reimer twins, right? The psychologist involved was pushing that as a narrative that gender identity is "learned". As you know from the story, he was proven really really really wrong.

Are you talking about a different set of twins? I guess we should have clarified so we aren't talking about two different cases.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: soccermom

You're kidding! People really don't know what a eunuch is? I thought that was a fairly well understood concept.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Seems the state of knowledge most people possess nowadays is abysmally low.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

A very important point that nobody seems to talk about -

When are we the most impressionable and easily influenced? If I remember correctly, it's about the age of 5. At that age we don't possess critical thinking skills and our brains are literally information sponges.

Put that into perspective and look at this entire dynamic again..

How anyone can be okay with this type of abuse is beyond me..

edit on 8-7-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Ok... if it's enough to convince the most brilliant neurologists out there to study it . . ."

That would only be true if one defines "brilliant neurologists" as the ones that tell you, Abysha, what you want to hear.

yet not good enough for you.

No, the video isn't good enough for me, for reasons I've explained at length in a another post in another thread the last time you posted it. But, his comments are based on limited sample sizes, the evidence he alludes to doesn't compel the conclusion he reaches; in other words there are other explanations he doesn't address, and even if one take his words as gospel, they only involve a genetic element, not evidence that the condition is predominately genetic and so on and so on.

I really don't give a #.

But clearly you do. Clearly you're heavily invested in this particular explanation for gender dysphoria and mode of treatment. And clearly you're not capable of giving calm and rational consideration to other explanations, other modes of treatment, or whether or not those notions you advocate are based on real science or not. The video you posted isn't compelling, it just confirms your already existing bias.

Personally, I would just like to see people who suffer from it treated properly, whatever that treatment turns out to be.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Where has history shown us that nurture is not possible? The human condition is barely even understood today. It's by far the most complex thing on earth.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: imwilliam

I really don't. I answered your question because you asked. I really don't care if one stranger out there ignores or disagrees with it. At least not in this case.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Where has history shown us that nurture is not possible? The human condition is barely even understood today. It's by far the most complex thing on earth.

Go back and catch up with the dialog between Wardadday and I. It's central to what we are talking about.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Youtube has to get this filth off the net.
Queer Kid Stuff? Thats sick.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I have been following, but nowhere does it prove that nurture is impossible.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Yes, good example. QKS, is a perfect example between education and indoctrination. It's a thin line.

I think the uptick in these occurrences are not instigated by legitimate causes of GD, but by activist or trend following parents that are "living through their kids".

It used to just be pagents, sports and social/economical pursuits. Now I guess sexuality is on the table, wonder what the point chart layout is for having a gay or trans child within their activist social groups.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Regardless of nature/nurture, ultimately it is only the responsibility of the parent to support the child and not "determine" for the child.

Hell, there was a time in my youth when I didn't like "girls".

They were icky and had cooties.

I preferred the company of males of my gender.

Because guys were cool and girls were strange and had soft bits.

But we all grow up eventually.

Now you could not tell the difference between myself and a prepubescent gay male of my same age.

No one can.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I have been following, but nowhere does it prove that nurture is impossible.

Look up the Reimer twins case.

Obviously, it's not very ethical to do something like that on purpose. If you want contemporary evidence, look at how you can't convince a person with gender dysphoria of what they know, regardless of "nurture" or environment. The best you can do is drive them to suicide or suppression until they are on their own and have personal agency.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

The case of a set of twins can't surely account for everyone. I work with people that suffer from all different types of mental illness on a daily basis, whether dysphoria can be attributed to mental illness is debatable, but I've seen enough to know that nurture is definitely a possibility.

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join