It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fertility Doc's back Wombs for men: operations on NHS (taxpayer) so transgenders can have babies

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I don't think anyone wants to pay for it. This tech will be so far in the future the question is moot.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Well let's be honest, the transition is a very expensive elective process. $100,000 is not an unheard of cost. And most insurance don't cover it.

But there are studies that say it is cost effective to do so.

www.jhsph.edu...

The researchers, reporting online in the Journal of General Internal Medicine, say that the cost of surgery and hormones is not significantly higher than the cost of treatment for depression, substance abuse and HIV/AIDS, all of which are highly prevalent in those who are transgender but are not in a position to medically transition to the opposite sex. In 2014, the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services began paying for sex reassignment surgery and other transitional care, after a 33-year-ban on covering those costs was lifted.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Well let's be honest, the transition is a very expensive elective process. $100,000 is not an unheard of cost. And most insurance don't cover it.

But there are studies that say it is cost effective to do so.

www.jhsph.edu...

The researchers, reporting online in the Journal of General Internal Medicine, say that the cost of surgery and hormones is not significantly higher than the cost of treatment for depression, substance abuse and HIV/AIDS, all of which are highly prevalent in those who are transgender but are not in a position to medically transition to the opposite sex. In 2014, the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services began paying for sex reassignment surgery and other transitional care, after a 33-year-ban on covering those costs was lifted.

First, cool on you for doing some research and finding less-biased (John Hopkins is actually anti-trans, in general) sources. And you have a great point but that's if we focused on current gender dysphoria treatments.

Womb transplants, on the other hand, will never be considered a treatment for gender dysphoria. The distress exhibited by transwomen regarding the inability to carry a child is the same as a cisgender woman who is unable to carry one. So if it is ever covered, it won't be covered as a trans-related treatment.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

And policies change, and so do treatments. To say we will follow the same guide lines we do now is laughable as we go forward.

I'm sure that housing people who are drug addicts is much better than letting them live on the streets (another social problem I have done more research into than I care to think about).
Just as the John Hopkins study points to a better way to treat people who happen to be born into the "wrong" body.

When wombs are grown with stem cells and can be implanted we will have to see, and I have no b=doubt that here in America it will be a patient funded venture.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

And policies change, and so do treatments. To say we will follow the same guide lines we do now is laughable as we go forward.

I'm sure that housing people who are drug addicts is much better than letting them live on the streets (another social problem I have done more research into than I care to think about).
Just as the John Hopkins study points to a better way to treat people who happen to be born into the "wrong" body.

When wombs are grown with stem cells and can be implanted we will have to see, and I have no b=doubt that here in America it will be a patient funded venture.

I see your point. My guess is that things like womb transplants will be considered standard treatment for reproductive issues after it becomes more cost effective than today's methods.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
This is only fair, since God obviously made a mistake by making only woman to have babies.

I guess he didn’t hear about postmodern equality

....Of course we know God made a lot of mistakes…The biggest one being mankind!

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Here's the thing with fertility treatments - why?

Supposedly, there are too many people on the earth and we end up aborting how many kids who could end up being raised by people who are unable to have their own kids?

But instead we design all these fertility treatments ,,, and we're trying to figure out how make biological males get pregnant now too!

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: yuppa

A "working vagina" is not all the hardware required to carry a child.

Guys don't have the equipment to feed the kid or any of the bajillion other functions a woman's body handles..

It will literally be harder than curing cancer..

we got a cure for cancer. its just not ever going to be released until money stops being a motivator. If they can grow fetuses in a lab then inside a Transgender shoudnt be impossible. Just not cheaply. then again TG people could get working vaginas and wombs and still be unable to carry a child in the future. And yeah i know the original story is not correct. bu ta good lie has some percentage of truth to it correct?

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
In the near future when all this stuff really gets weird they’ll pass a law that when you get married men will have to get womb transplants so they could share the burden with the woman.

And to have a baby the men will have to f___k themselves giving their wives true equality

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Not moot..

Propaganda meant to fool stupid people..

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

So will they be splitting the baby in half??

1 baby still only needs one womb...

Y'all are just silly..

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

BWAHAHAHA

If we are just making up nonsense I can come up with way better stuff than that!!!

Why don't they just grow a man around the womb!!!

That would probably be far easier than to retro fit a male body...

It is like retro fitting a 350 V8 on a pair of roller skates..

edit on 3-7-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

No they are not..

This is a fake story..

You do realize you just requested a facist system where people's reproduction is controlled by the government.

Also you really can't see why people would want to pass on their DNA into the future.. you know.. the meaning of all life everywhere.. to reproduce and continue the species..

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

YOU CANNOT JUST DO A WOMB TRANSPLANT!!

A WOMB WOULD PROBABLY BE THE EASIEST PART!!

What about all the hundreds of organs and glands and such the male doesn't even have the hook ups for???

Where do you plug the umbilical cord in??

What produces the amniotic fluid??

And there are a gajillion other things you get to figure out.

It would prob be asked to actually add a Y chromosome and use crisper to swap the entire bodies DNA.

It is like trying to strap a race car engine to a pair of roller skates..

The skates have zero of the inferstucture required to hook a huge engine to them.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

It's not fair...

It's fake.

There is no push to do this and no dr.s researching it..

This is a total fabrication...

So much so they used a woman who will later get a sex change as their poster child.. adding to the propaganda factor by hoping people will assume it is a male who is the prototype..

When all they did was take a picture of a woman with sort hair..

It is the most dishonest post o have seen in a while.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

BWAHAHAHA

If we are just making up nonsense I can come up with way better stuff than that!!!

Why don't they just grow a man around the womb!!!

That would probably be far easier than to retro fit a male body...

It is like retro fitting a 350 V8 on a pair of roller skates..

Look it up if you dont believe me about artificial wombs. Oh who are we kidding you wont. you never actually want to debate anything either.Typical cox. Never met one who wasnt full of themselves. You chose a great name to use because it fits.

And work on your reading comprehension. Its obvious you did not read my post you responded to carefully.
edit on 17000000ppam by yuppa because: pointing out something.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
This is an abomination if it were true. We are not seahorses, we do not choose our gender. Todays society is insane tbh. If we even have a future and we dont destroy ourselves, people will look back at this with disgrace and gross feelings we didnt stop to help these men out that were cross dressing. Instead the society enabled these lost confused people and made it worse... ppffffft.... sick!
If a man wants to mutilate his body, # it, his body, but bringing a child into this world thats not genetically his and not naturally is just wrong.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: xSEEKxNxSTRIKEx
This is an abomination if it were true. We are not seahorses, we do not choose our gender. Todays society is insane tbh. If we even have a future and we dont destroy ourselves, people will look back at this with disgrace and gross feelings we didnt stop to help these men out that were cross dressing. Instead the society enabled these lost confused people and made it worse... ppffffft.... sick!
If a man wants to mutilate his body, # it, his body, but bringing a child into this world thats not genetically his and not naturally is just wrong.

We dont choose our SEX you mean. genders mental only.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: xSEEKxNxSTRIKEx

We dont choose our SEX you mean. genders mental only.

There is xy and xx. You dont get to choose, gender, sex, male or female, call it what ever you want. You can change as much cosmetics as you want to deceive the eye, but you will never beable to change who you are on the inside. Your ill or horribly misinformed.
If a transgender boy (boy trying to be a girl or aka cross dresser) had sex with another male, that would mean they are gay. A transgender boy will never have sex with a straight male... true story

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I know they can't. I was responding to a slippery slope fear hypothetical.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join