It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's 'feds' now in Chicago to fight gun violence 'epidemic'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort
The only way this will work is if you profile. We all know who is committing the shootings. When you start pulling over cars of black males, late at night, the ACLU and BLM will be up in arms. I say, tough. Profile the hell out of the thugs and put an end to the senseless violence. People are literally being killed for speaking badly about people who have been killed. Anyone familiar with Tooka?

They already know the gang members! Their names and addresses. It s a matter of being afraid to pass laws that some would feel are unconstitutional.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Can't outlaw gangs. It's a constitutional right, the right of free assembly. Of course if and when they can prove they are criminal gangs, that's already outlawed.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Yes, it has been like that long before obama. But, it was because of democrats none the less. To deny that is either lying or stupidity.

I am not sure what you are referring to when you say Chicago overturned their gun control. Chicago still has some of the toughest gun laws in the US. I have lived in the area most of my life. I am familiar with the laws regarding firearms. After decades of failed policy allowing black market guns to permeate the city did you honestly think overturning one law would make that much of a difference? Your statements indicate you know nothing about the topic, why are you even posting it?

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

Can't outlaw gangs. It's a constitutional right, the right of free assembly. Of course if and when they can prove they are criminal gangs, that's already outlawed.

That is the right to peaceful assembly. These are obviously not peaceful people...

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Well, that's the thing. You can only arrest them when they're breaking the law. You can't make it illegal to have a gang, or a club, or sewing bee.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
Just gonna point out that if this was done a year ago, this board would be lit up on how Obama the Tyrant is sending in federal foot soldiers to take away states rights and be the dictator they were demanding he was going to be for 8 years.

Change the guard, put a different letter in front of the name, and voila..freedom troops.

Nice try, but that is SO far off Obama's track record that even claiming it in your post is pure fantasy. It it wouldn't happen, and it didn't, your premise is academic and nothing more than the usual left whining when caught not doing what should have been done.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Short of forcibly relocating the people around the country and bulldozing the city... this is about the only thing they can do...and I am a guy that thinks the FED should be out of my life as much as possible.

Chicago is such a mess... I just do not see what else they can do.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

The only way this will work is if you profile. We all know who is committing the shootings. When you start pulling over cars of black males, late at night, the ACLU and BLM will be up in arms. I say, tough. Profile the hell out of the thugs and put an end to the senseless violence. People are literally being killed for speaking badly about people who have been killed. Anyone familiar with Tooka?

They already know the gang members! Their names and addresses. It s a matter of being afraid to pass laws that some would feel are unconstitutional.

When you consider that:

""CHICAGO — Chicago has the most advanced surveillance camera network in the country — and one of the most advanced in the world. And the number of cameras has grown from just 30 in 2013, to thousands, though others say the number is much higher."
wgntv.com...

It's apparent that shooters, their cars, license plates, and much more, are known to police. The police commissioner and mayor have even held "gang summits" with the top leaders of the major gangs.

Since Chicago police are afraid of what the gang members will do to them in retaliation, or, are accepting pay-offs to leave them alone, the FEDS could be either welcomed, or despised, by any given police officer.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

There is no question as to who the gang bangers are. They can recognize each other at a distance. It is very foolish to think the authorities can not do the same.

If the bangers decided to do something big, lets say a mass attack on police, they would probably get away with it. If they coordinated their attack city-wide, that would be it. Suppose they all agree that at exactly 3am they all shoot whatever cop they see. By 3:30am the bangers would all be home. At 5am the streets would be swarming with thousands of cops...doing exactly what?

Its easier to take the payoff and keep your mouth shut.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Another threat they've made is a mass execution during a police officer's funeral. It's hard fighting people who don't give a damn about anything at all.

I believe the ISIS recruits come from more cohesive families than the majority of Chicago gang-bangers do.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

If that's true, well I say RICO the sh# out of them. Maximum sentences for all involved.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Tell that to the mafia. Free assembly is one thing, organized criminal enterprises are another.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
Trump should send troops into all the gang banger hideouts and raid them. Just issue an ultimatum and give them a chance to surrender. If they don't comply wipe them all out. I'm sick and tired that criminal behavior is tolerated just because. Perhaps even go after all the wannabe gangsters who advocate the thug life and indoctrinate children to become a gang banger in the first place. It's clear that the current methods don't work at all.

You trust the government to let them start invading homes and executing people outside of the justice system, on the basis that they're probably a gang member?

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

If that's true, well I say RICO the sh# out of them. Maximum sentences for all involved.

We'll have to send them to another state for incarceration...

""If anyone requires proof that Illinois needs criminal-justice reform, here’s a new statistic: Illinois’ prisons were the nation’s most overcrowded in 2014.

Illinois prisons held 16,183 more people than they were meant to hold, according to a September 2015 study by the Bureau of Justice Statistics, or BJS. That means Illinois’ prisons stood at over 150 percent of their intended capacity, a higher rate of overcrowding than any other prison system in the U.S.""

www.illinoispolicy.org...

ANY VOLUNTEERS?

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Trump should send troops into all the gang banger hideouts and raid them. Just issue an ultimatum and give them a chance to surrender. If they don't comply wipe them all out. I'm sick and tired that criminal behavior is tolerated just because. Perhaps even go after all the wannabe gangsters who advocate the thug life and indoctrinate children to become a gang banger in the first place. It's clear that the current methods don't work at all.

You trust the government to let them start invading homes and executing people outside of the justice system, on the basis that they're probably a gang member?

If the Federal/City game crime reduction partnership is successful, you'll see the "number of shootings" bar-graph start to lower at: heyjackass.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
The whole non-snitching policy in the hood has to be addressed. If you don't cooperate with an open murder investigation and take the law into your own hands, you are complicit in any retaliatory actions and the families should be charged with accessory after the fact.

You would have to be a complete moron to believe only the ones directly involved know who did who.
FAMILIES TALK. Especially when one of their own is slain.

Things are so bad in certain neighborhoods, entire families benefit from criminal activity just to stay above water. No way are they going to do anything that prevents putting food on the table or keeping the power on. It's been this way for GENERATIONS... IT IS CULTURE, HERITAGE in the worst way possible.

Bring back jobs that people can be proud of...education that's relevant and beneficial.

Very few snitch, and if they do, it's mostly to eliminate competition for "resources". It's dog eat dog....no real loyalty, just real problems that are too quickly solved by crime and murder.

I do not condone any of it, however I do realize the dispair, lack of meaningful jobs, the sh!tty educational systems and the feelings of hopelessness.

Wages are not keeping pace with the cost of living in many areas and the quick big money is is just too tempting for those that are generationally handicapped to succeed. Sure, it starts with the individual, but I'm afraid it's going to take a HELL OF A LOT MORE THAN THAT to change preexisting and hardened beliefs, modes of operation, expectations, and preconceived outcomes.

Just saying.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

The government took how long to "get" Osama Bin Laden?

Trust the government...

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

We'll have to send them to another state for incarceration...

""If anyone requires proof that Illinois needs criminal-justice reform, here’s a new statistic: Illinois’ prisons were the nation’s most overcrowded in 2014.

Illinois prisons held 16,183 more people than they were meant to hold, according to a September 2015 study by the Bureau of Justice Statistics, or BJS. That means Illinois’ prisons stood at over 150 percent of their intended capacity, a higher rate of overcrowding than any other prison system in the U.S.""

www.illinoispolicy.org...

ANY VOLUNTEERS?

As long as they're in prison, does it matter which prison? Prisoners get transferred all the time and with Illinois budget crisis, that's going to happen anyway.

Your point?

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

They KNOW their criminal gangs. Just like they have put all the Mafia RICO dons in jail for life.

THEY CANT GET EVIDENCE AGAINST THESE STREET CRIMINALS.

IF they were in the white suburbs they would.

They refuse to deal with these criminals. The hell with BLM and the ACLU.

Black people are suffering in these goddam ghettoes while these elite punks sit around philosophizing and black this and black that while their black brothers, mothers, sisters LIVE IN TERROR

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

The whole non-snitching policy in the hood has to be addressed.

Things are so bad in certain neighborhoods, entire families benefit from criminal activity just to stay above water. No way are they going to do anything that prevents putting food on the table or keeping the power on. It's been this way for GENERATIONS... IT IS CULTURE, HERITAGE in the worst way possible.

Just saying.

What you said could explain why there is so little mourning with some of these shootings. Parents talk to news reporters and don't even cry... even though their little son/daughter was murdered, less than 24 hours ago.

If one of children were murdered while waiting for the school bus, the killer and the leader of his gang would be terminated immediately after the funeral. I certainly wouldn't be able to stand in the street, talking with a reporter, right where my son was murdered 5 hours earlier!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join