It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's 'feds' now in Chicago to fight gun violence 'epidemic'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Thankfully for Chicago. Trump has sent the Feds. To totally reverse what has been nurtured and allowed to go on.

Obama did such a great job with Chicago. By demoralizing law enforcement and looking out for the misunderstood criminals. Chicago has become one of if not the most deadly lawless places in the United States. The gun control works very well if you're goals are to destabilize and bring about total anarchy.

Published June 30, 2017 Fox News Now Playing Can the president send 'the feds' to end Chicago violence? Months after taking to Twitter to say he would send in "the Feds" to help reduce Chicago's murder rate, President Trump's administration has sent in agents to combat the ongoing violence.

"Crime and killings in Chicago have reached such epidemic proportions that I am sending in Federal help. 1714 shootings in Chicago this year!" Trump tweeted.

“We’ll have an impact in reducing shootings in Chicago,” he said, while saying police there are “demoralized” and city policies are not working.

The most stringent gun laws in the U.S. happen to be in Chicago - and look what is happening there! — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 10, 2014

Trump's 'feds' now in Chicago to fight gun violence 'epidemic'

Does Chicago Have The Strictest Gun Laws in the Country?

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Doctor Smith

Damn good job Trump is doing. Trump Train....choo choo

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
This is welcome news for the people of Chicago.
Why didn't Obama do this years ago?...It's going to be a long battle, as it is.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I am all for working on the chicago violence issue, but how exactly is he going to fix it? It wont be easy.

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Just gonna point out that if this was done a year ago, this board would be lit up on how Obama the Tyrant is sending in federal foot soldiers to take away states rights and be the dictator they were demanding he was going to be for 8 years.

Change the guard, put a different letter in front of the name, and voila..freedom troops.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
I am all for working on the chicago violence issue, but how exactly is he going to fix it? It wont be easy.

I imagine how any dictator clamps down on citizens. checkpoints, papers, raids, removing guns, etc etc etc.

Screw it, its a conspiracy website. I know its a far right conspiracy website, but since when has this board ever shied away from the "they gonna gas everyone in a fema camp" discussion...

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
What difference are 20 additional LEOs going to make in a police department with over 13,000 officers?

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

...but, of course, Obama didn't do a damn thing...So we'll never know what the response would've been.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

The help is in the form of one van. It was already on the road in other cities and is moving to Chicago.

They've also announced a joint strike force

Let me point out, though, that one tweet is simply a tweet. What's needed is money for manpower and technology and one van that quickly identifies guns is not much help in stopping crime though it helps in criminal analysis.

We'll see. He's long on tweets and short on any action other than his controversial Executive Orders.

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

What's needed is money for manpower and technology and one van that quickly identifies guns is not much help in stopping crime though it helps in criminal analysis.

Wrong.

What's needed is jobs and an economy that can grow, not more manpower or technology.

Obama and Emmanuel didn't go in that direction, they decided to use Chicago as support beam for their anti-gun legislation. Let it get worse and claim more gun control is needed.

They sold out the place to endorse their own agenda. Gee, how unlike them...

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

The help is in the form of one van. It was already on the road in other cities and is moving to Chicago.

They've also announced a joint strike force

Let me point out, though, that one tweet is simply a tweet. What's needed is money for manpower and technology and one van that quickly identifies guns is not much help in stopping crime though it helps in criminal analysis.

We'll see. He's long on tweets and short on any action other than his controversial Executive Orders.

If the anti violence squads were required to wear pink hats I truly think the agenda would be a success!

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

...but, of course, Obama didn't do a damn thing...So we'll never know what the response would've been.

True, though I think had Obama tried to crack down on gun violence coming from the inner city gangbangers, the response from most conservatives would have been significantly more positive than some might want to believe. But you're right, we'll never know for sure.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Federal troops in the cities now and you guys are cheering? Are you insane? First they came for those with guns.... And I said nothing....

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Obama did such a great job with Chicago. By demoralizing law enforcement and looking out for the misunderstood criminals. Chicago has become one of if not the most deadly lawless places in the United States. The gun control works very well if you're goals are to destabilize and bring about total anarchy

Nice try blaming innner-city crappiness on Obama. It's been like that long before he came into office, to say otherwise is lying or stupidity.

And Chicago overturned their gun control in 2012 yet there's more shootings than ever. Your argument shows that you know nothing about the topic, why are you even posting on it?

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Just gonna point out that if this was done a year ago, this board would be lit up on how Obama the Tyrant is sending in federal foot soldiers to take away states rights and be the dictator they were demanding he was going to be for 8 years.

Unfortunately I think you're right about this.

Obama should have done this long ago. Sent an FBI task force to help stem the flow of illegal weapons and arrest the people doing the illegal selling and the killing.

During Obama's time in office the people of Chicago were actually mulling over a long term National Guard presence. What would look worse, armed Guardsmen, or guys in suits you wouldn't be able to tell from another guy in a suit?

If it is something the police and the state won't do anything about then it is up to the feds to make it happen. Constitutionally speaking they'd be well within their authority to do so.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: RayRay1991

Federal troops in the cities now and you guys are cheering? Are you insane? First they came for those with guns.... And I said nothing....

Well first they should allow citizens to shoot every gang banger on sight. Seriously why the # do we tolerate this gang bull#? They are just a waste and need to be eradicated. It's the same in Germany. Everyone knows the major gangs around here and nobody is doing a damn thing about them. Just kill them all and be done with it. If you choose to be a criminal you should live with the consequences. Boo hoo gang bangers have a real hard life and we need to help them. No # this #. They are worthless to society. I bet all the wannabe gang bangers would # their pants if there is open season on them wherever they go. Kill'em all. You live like a thug you die like a thug.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

And Chicago overturned their gun control in 2012

No, the Supreme Court did.

The only thing that actually ended was the restriction on owning a gun for self defense within the home.

They didn't end the rest of their gun control practices. Like not allowing gun shops in city limits, severely limiting access to concealed carry permits, and even having to purchase a permit to even be allowed to buy a gun, which is a clear violation of what it means to have a right.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: CB328

And Chicago overturned their gun control in 2012

No, the Supreme Court did.

The only thing that actually ended was the restriction on owning a gun for self defense within the home.

They didn't end the rest of their gun control practices. Like not allowing gun shops in city limits, severely limiting access to concealed carry permits, and even having to purchase a permit to even be allowed to buy a gun, which is a clear violation of what it means to have a right.

So they gave all the illegal gun owners free reign over the city? Wow all the people who agreed with that should be jailed right away. Criminals don't give a # if the gun is legal or not. Disarming the population so they are defenseless is beyond retarded. Who the # had this bright idea?

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: RayRay1991

This isn't a new precedent or anything. BATF agents have been operating all over the country for a very long time. This is just a reallocation of additional agents, prosecutors and related assets into Chicago to hopefully get the wave of firearm-related crime under better control.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Illinois is on the verge of monetary collapse. You are only seeing the beginning.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join