It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's 'feds' now in Chicago to fight gun violence 'epidemic'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   
You muricans and your no go zones!
edit on 7-8-2017 by skalla because: Rogue apostrophe

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Not really, some trust government now because "Trump".

The post that started all this was asking what had actually changed to have people be OK with the feds when the same people would have complained about it under another admin.

It helps to get the context if you are going to discuss something.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Feds arrived early july. Shootings started trending down. Lets see what august brings.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Nothing changed other than having a President who would rather help fight crime than ignoring it like Obama did.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You are still missing the point.

People's stance on the feds changed because they are hypocrites.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Feds were already there. They got 20 additional agents. I'm sure not much will change.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Feds were already there. They got 20 additional agents. I'm sure not much will change.

This past Labor Day saw a 50% decrease in shootings, compared to Labor Day 2016.

www.cbsnews.com...

President Trump's administration inserted Federal Agents in the high-crime areas in mid-July. Coincidence?

edit on 9/6/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: Plotus
Illinois is on the verge of monetary collapse. You are only seeing the beginning.

Here is a genius idea. Go after all the criminals and seize everything and reinvest it into the infrastructure of the state. Quit tolerating criminal behavior. The bleeding heart approach needs to end.

I think it's interesting the way you keep phrasing issues like this. I guess it's fair to say you think Chicago police officers tolerate criminal behavior with a bleeding heart approach. Chicago police officers. Hmmm. I don't think they'd like that.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

This past Labor Day saw a 50% decrease in shootings, compared to Labor Day 2016.

www.cbsnews.com...

President Trump's administration inserted Federal Agents in the high-crime areas in mid-July. Coincidence?

Yes

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Nothing changed other than having a President who would rather help fight crime than ignoring it like Obama did.

Hell, let's just throw out absurdities for the sake of it because

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens

www.cbsnews.com...

Yes

The weather was gorgeous this weekend. Maybe had a soothing effect on the gangsters?

Actually, the weekly shootings have been on a downward trend since the additional Federal enforcers arrived. We need more weekly stats before declaring that there's a correlation.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Did you even read the article? It wasn't the 20 feds that Trump sent.

An additional 1,300 officers were deployed during the weekend — repeating a strategy implemented during Memorial Day and July Fourth weekends.

OK maybe they were part of it but I'm sure the numbers would have been pretty good even without them.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Did you even read the article? It wasn't the 20 feds that Trump sent.

An additional 1,300 officers were deployed during the weekend — repeating a strategy implemented during Memorial Day and July Fourth weekends.

OK maybe they were part of it but I'm sure the numbers would have been pretty good even without them.

Yes.. I read it. I was wondering if anyone else was sharp enough to catch the fact that the 1,300 additional officers were dispatched over Memorial day (with no effect) and Fourth of July (with no effect). Common sense says that they didn't have any effect on Labor Day either.

The only thing different between Memorial Day 2017 / Fourth of July 2017 / Labor Day 2017, is that Labor Day of 2017 had additional Federal Agents and their high-tech resources in the higher-crime areas.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

That and arresting:

140 people who have been known to be involved in gun violence.

Like I said. Of course they aided but it is illogical to think that 20 agents were going to make that much of a difference. You sure don't have anything to back up that claim.

edit on 6-9-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Way to go President Trump!

Chicago Thanksgiving holiday shootings down 50% over 2016...when OBAMA was President.
Tksgiving 2016 - 70 shot
Tksgiving 2017 - 31 shot (nice weather too!)
chicago.suntimes.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Way to go President Trump!

Chicago Thanksgiving holiday shootings down 50% over 2016...when OBAMA was President.
Tksgiving 2016 - 70 shot
Tksgiving 2017 - 31 shot (nice weather too!)
chicago.suntimes.com...

And more cherry picking while there were only 28 in 2015.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson
a reply to: Willtell

Can't outlaw gangs. It's a constitutional right, the right of free assembly. Of course if and when they can prove they are criminal gangs, that's already outlawed.

You can outlaw gangs under the RICO laws.
Been done in Calif and will work in Chicago.
en.wikipedia.org...
www.policemag.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   
already answered by another poster.

disregard.
edit on 27-11-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

Only if they're proven criminal organizations. Can't just outlaw all gangs. Need specific evidence of criminal activity and need to prove that only purpose of organization is to commit crime.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson
a reply to: ANNED

Only if they're proven criminal organizations. Can't just outlaw all gangs. Need specific evidence of criminal activity and need to prove that only purpose of organization is to commit crime.

Even groups inside the US that are identified as terrorist are still allowed to keep the group and meetings. It is not the groups but the actions of members of those groups that are prosecuted.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join