It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President’s abuse of the press is violative of his oath of office and is grounds for impeachment

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Where?

A mistake is not a lie.

Correcting an error is not admitting lying.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: 1337Kph

Oh so publishing something that turns out to not be correct is lying now?
No it's a mistake.
And correcting the mistake is virtuous. Admitting a mistake takes courage.
What trump does.. thats lying. He does it on purpose. He's a pathological liar. Sick in his tiny brain. It's rotted from the head.
Getting a report wrong is a mistake.
They don't make stuff up and publish it.
That's the biggest #ing lie being told.

But it's trump. And his supporters. They believe anything he throws at them.
Obviously.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: 1337Kph

Oh so publishing something that turns out to not be correct is lying now?
No it's a mistake.
And correcting the mistake is virtuous. Admitting a mistake takes courage.
What trump does.. thats lying. He does it on purpose. He's a pathological liar. Sick in his tiny brain. It's rotted from the head.
Getting a report wrong is a mistake.
They don't make stuff up and publish it.
That's the biggest #ing lie being told.

But it's trump. And his supporters. They believe anything he throws at them.
Obviously.

the irony in this is so thick i cant even begin...but at least now i have the closure of knowing that not even you believe your BS...I hope they pay you well.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Correct. You used the right word.
They make corrections because nobody is saying that they never get a story wrong. No one is saying that they never make mistakes.
Lying is a deliberate act to obstruct.
That is trumps sick modus operandi. He obstructs at every turn. He lies deliberately. He has a problem.
He has some clear mental issues and he's unfit to run this country.
That is painfully obvious too.

A retraction actually prove the presses desire to advance the truth. Otherwise why bother with corrections and restrictions?

I guess that's lost on this crowd.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

the irony in this is so thick i cant even begin...but at least now i have the closure of knowing that not even you believe your BS...I hope they pay you well.

Actually, what you just said is ironic. If you can't believe six impossible things before breakfast, you must be getting paid to propagandize for Trump.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

His reputation sullied?

Oh I think he's pretty well done that himself.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   

What ?

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   

No show me the press lying like I asked. No one needs you to friggin ad-lib.
Occams razor indeed.
Between to possible hypotheses. The one using the fewest assumptions should be chosen.
Let me know when you get around to that. Lord Okham...

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

But they just report. They don't make it up.
It's not fiction or a fabrication.
They're not writing fiction and calling it fact.
They have very serious board members who would frown upon that.
And investors and advertisers.
We've seen recently how the press, and I include cable network news in that word, have dealt with employees who put their reputations at risk. Those faces are gone from the screen and the names removed from the marquee in the lobby.
Gone.. because their reputation is their bread and butter.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: seagull
I find it remarkably easy to ignore all of it, because regardless of what's said/tweeted/whatever, the sun is still rising tomorrow, and I've still got to help get a house ready for sale.

I'm all for it. Let's ignore it all, this way Kim-Il Trump can get the state run press that he is pushing for.

I don't think you even believe the BS you are posting. Please show me one time where Trump has stated he wants "state run press", or anything even close to that. You are letting your emotions get the best of you I think. Despite what you have been fed, Trump is no Hitler/Stalin etc.

Would he say that outright?
He doesn't care about state run press.
He just want people to like him.
He just wants to hear only good about himself and no criticism.
He would love to be able to shut up his detractors.
It's very childish. Much like everything he does.
He's a classic case of arrested development and issues with authority. Probably stemming from his father sending him away to bad boy school (What military school really is) when he was just a young boy.
I know ..my parents almost sent my brother but my grandfather intervened . They sent him to work with the boys club of N.Y. and P.A.L. (police athletic league )instead. Infinitely better for him in the long run. But trumps daddy sent him away...
edit on 732017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Where?

A mistake is not a lie.

Do you actually think these false Russian stories are innocent "mistakes"?

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

a reply to: TruMcCarthy

But they just report. They don't make it up.
It's not fiction or a fabrication.
They're not writing fiction and calling it fact.
They have very serious board members who would frown upon that.
And investors and advertisers.
We've seen recently how the press, and I include cable network news in that word, have dealt with employees who put their reputations at risk. Those faces are gone from the screen and the names removed from the marquee in the lobby.
Gone.. because their reputation is their bread and butter.

Well, you are their target audience so I'm not suprised about your post.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Actually, what you just said is ironic. If you can't believe six impossible things before breakfast, you must be getting paid to propagandize for Trump.

I work night shift...it gets slow. I am an RN. That's how I get my money. But you are right I don't believe impossible things. Don't know where the number 6 comes from though

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Where?

A mistake is not a lie.

Actually if you tell someone something and its not true it IS a lie by definition. If its not from you personally Its not your lie but its still a lie.
And COrrecting a error is one of the oldest tricks in the book to cover up a purposeful action. I used to do it with chat logs myself.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Where?

A mistake is not a lie.

Actually if you tell someone something and its not true it IS a lie by definition. If its not from you personally Its not your lie but its still a lie.
And COrrecting a error is one of the oldest tricks in the book to cover up a purposeful action. I used to do it with chat logs myself.

No, actually, you're wrong.

A lie is a statement that is known or intended by its source to be misleading, inaccurate, or false. The practice of communicating lies is called lying, and a person who communicates a lie may be termed a liar. Lies may be employed to serve a variety of instrumental, interpersonal, or psychological functions for the individuals who use them.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Page 15 Sorrows.

lulz

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

In your definition A person who communicates a lie is termed a liar. A jornalist who communicates a false story is in effect a liar. So thank you for proving my point.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: theworldisnotenough

If the President engages in this type of behavior, striking back 10 times as hard, then he violates his Oath of Office to defend and protect the Constitution which includes the right of the press to criticize and call the President every name in the book and to even call his sanity into question

no
what you posted is make believe
trumps ridicule of cnn is in no way in violation of ANY law

quit snivelling and making up bs reasons to overthrow the election you lost

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

What ?

You were saying the media does not lie. (Then why are you on conspiracy website, you must be getting paid)
NO ONE Is that naive. EVERY war since WW 2 was sold to us thru media lies. Ever heard of the gulf of Tonkin incident?
I know you know what propaganda is and how it works.
Hell, just a week or two ago wasn't it three journalist forced to resign from CNN over their lies.
Or do you believe they honorably resigned over their 'mistake', like ancient samurai's severing their aorta after dishonoring their legacy?
Ms Karen, I believe you are smarter than that.
You are either:
1) trolling for lulz
2) Hillary Clinton
3) fourteen years old
4) getting paid to shill
I'm torn between option 2 and option 4

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Daddy Issues? Now it is Daddy issues huh? Man, why all of the hate? Do you have some Daddy issues and maybe Trump makes you feel familiar in your actions. I have always heard that you hate in others what you hate about yourself.

First, there is no abuse of press. However, in 2013 the Obama DOJ investigated more than 20. Seven people were charged. Why had no one been charged yet with the Trump leaks?

Shamai Leibowitz, a contract linguist for the FBI, was convicted of leaking information to a blogger from embassy wiretaps in 2010.

Jeffrey Sterling, a former CIA employee, was indicted for allegedly revealing classified information to journalist James Risen in 2011.

John Kiriakou, a former CIA analyst, pleaded guilty to passing classified information to a reporter in 2013.[22]
Bradley Manning (now Chelsea Manning), a U.S. Army intelligence analyst, pleaded guilty in 2013 to passing classified information to the WikiLeaks organization.

Stephen Jin-Woo Kim, a senior analyst at the Office of National Security at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, was charged with disclosing national defense information to reporter James Rosen in 2010.

Thomas Drake, a former National Security Agency senior executive, was charged with willful retention of national defense information. The charges were dismissed on the eve of his trial in 2010

Edward Snowden, a technical contractor for the NSA and former employee of the CIA, in Russian exile as of 2017, has been charged with theft and the unauthorized disclosure of classified information to columnist Glenn Greenwald.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join