It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President’s abuse of the press is violative of his oath of office and is grounds for impeachment

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Not you specifically. Sorry about that. But others have reacted in a fashion not too unlike horror...

No, calling them on their behaviour is not abusing them. On that we're agreed.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: alphabetaone

Are you seriously telling me that this tweet is a threat to freedom of speech? Seriously?

No, what I'm telling you is that due to the tweets, the President aides (and I do use that term incredibly loosely) are suggesting - via Sarah Huckabee Sanders - that the PRess needs to create a more positive narrative for the President, and that is not their job. It's flabbergasting that a suggestion such as that can be made in The United States of America that I spent 20 years of my life defending. The media's ONLY job is to cover what he is saying and what he is doing. His tweets are included in that per the White House.

...and yes, I find stupidity of that nature remarkably easy to ignore. Trust me when I say I'll know a true threat when it arises.

No, sorry, I do not trust you when you say that; you do not provide evidence that I should trust that.

ETA: I need to add that I do NOT, based upon the title of this thread, believe it is grounds for his impeachment...he does not have to like the Press at all, that's his right. What he does have to do though, is support it and ensure that his cabinet, aides, wife, kids, and every official that he has placed must SUPPORT it while still not liking it.
edit on 2-7-2017 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Trump hasn't done anything to prohibit the press, as evidenced by their non-stop attacks.

The mere fact that his supporters have flocked to the term "fake news" is proof that is not true. The press is no different now with this President, than it has been with any previous President. Only difference is Trump's inability to take criticism. He is influencing people who are parroting his tweets and beliefs. I saw it here on this board, where his comments about the media being TREASONOUS were mirrored by people here. You don't find that to be a slippery, dangerous slope? Because I sure do. Since when is an opposing viewpoint treason?

The narrative that the news is "fake" is old and just wrong. What in the hell does that even mean? Is it completely fabricated? Because that is the only way I could see a news story as being "fake." Misleading, disingenuous, given with a spin to promote an agenda.. sure, news outlets do this all the time. Long before Trump and his incredibly thin skin, but more mature Presidents have recognized this, and handle it with a lot more aplomb and patience than Trump does.

Except it's the media doing that, not Trump. Maybe if they stopped being so agenda driven and so biased and actually simply reported actual news and truth they would not be in this situation.

That's what MSM has ALWAYS DONE. And there is a political point to it, and a reason it is allowed. Do you not get that? So what should they do instead.. kiss Trump's butt and only publish stories of his glorious victories, ala DPNK? All hail glorious leader and bow to his greatness! I'd be more worried to, if I thought Trump was smart enough to go lil' Kimmy on us, but.. don't think he is that bright, so not that worried.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

Trump hasn't done anything to prohibit the press, as evidenced by their non-stop attacks.

The mere fact that his supporters have flocked to the term "fake news" is proof that is not true.

No it isn't. Calling the main stream media "fake news" in no way prohibits them from saying or printing what they want. Criticizing the Corporate Press is nearly as important an aspect of the 1st Amendment as criticizing the Government. Both hold incredible power over people's lives, and both need to be held to account.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
I don't think you even believe the BS you are posting. Please show me one time where Trump has stated he wants "state run press", or anything even close to that. You are letting your emotions get the best of you I think. Despite what you have been fed, Trump is no Hitler/Stalin etc.

You're right, I don't. I'm being intentionally hyperbolic simply because I feel like making a point. The point I was making was to the suggestion of ignoring what the President says just because "we don't like it"....that to me was a dumb suggestion to make. If the President tweeted "I'm about to launch the nukes" I'm sure we wouldn't ignore it. You're also correct, he has never called for state run media, again more hyperbole on my part, yet suggesting we only listen to the things the President says that we like or that he wants us to glorify him on and ignoring all the rest is basically tantamount to saying that same thing.

No one is feeding me anything, I'm watching, from mutltiple venues, exactly what is happening and my eyes are wide open....im not filtering them through GOP or Dem colored glasses.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
I don't think you even believe the BS you are posting. Please show me one time where Trump has stated he wants "state run press", or anything even close to that. You are letting your emotions get the best of you I think. Despite what you have been fed, Trump is no Hitler/Stalin etc.

You're right, I don't. I'm being intentionally hyperbolic simply because I feel like making a point. The point I was making was to the suggestion of ignoring what the President says just because "we don't like it"....that to me was a dumb suggestion to make. If the President tweeted "I'm about to launch the nukes" I'm sure we wouldn't ignore it. You're also correct, he has never called for state run media, again more hyperbole on my part, yet suggesting we only listen to the things the President says that we like or that he wants us to glorify him on and ignoring all the rest is basically tantamount to saying that same thing.

No one is feeding me anything, I'm watching, from mutltiple venues, exactly what is happening and my eyes are wide open....im not filtering them through GOP or Dem colored glasses.

Fair enough, I can respect using hyperbole and exaggeration as a means of making a point (Trump does it all the time, though he is usually accused of lying for doing it). But there are many who aren't being hyperbolic, and actually believe that Trump is going to disintegrate the free press and usher in a dictatorship. Sometimes it's hard to tell who believe what.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
a reply to: theworldisnotenough

How the living f**#! did you get so many stars?

Most news stations and ESPECIALLY CNN is not THE PRESS.

They have been proven to lie, manipulate, falsify, distort, slander, fabricate, mislead... etc.

I'm actually curious about that myself, especially since most posts aren't in agreement with the OP

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Unfortunately the press doesn't get a choice. They have to cover him and report because he's the president.
I'm sure they'd rather not get abused. Most would rather not cover him anymore.

Hey but guess what were all not talking about today?
Russia. Right?
No one's talking about Russia or the guy Smith who told the journal he had been actively seeking material to hurt Hillary's campaign and he claims he did it at the behest of trumps campaign.
But nope. Nobody talking about the first possible evidence of collusion made public.
We're all talking about rude tweets AGAIN.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: 1337Kph

Yes it does say a lot about me. Mostly that I'm not as easily duped by what's reported than many on here.
It says I can make up my own mind and I'm not a lemming running over a cliff.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Give me a break. I think in light of all the lies put out there by the media, the president has done us all a service. For far to long they've fed us garbage to serve their own agenda.

edit on 2-7-2017 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

A press that cant be questions is in violation. Victim just spoze to stand there and take beating by known court jesters.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Yes it does say a lot about me. Mostly that I'm not as easily duped by what's reported than many on here.

Repeatedly saying stubbornly the press doesn't lie, then saying something like this quote. . .
I liked how you dared him to show you anything about comey saying the press have lied and then completely ignored the article he brought forth which is by the Washington Post of all places.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Of course it's not their job to create a positive narrative for him. His actions will, or will not, do that. His press secretary portrays him in the best light possible...so? That's kinda why she gets paid the big bucks.

Cnn, along with all the other media outlets that laughably call themselves the news, should differentiate a bit more sharply between news and editorial. I don't mind editorials, I editorialize here all the time, so do we all. It's not a crime. At least not yet... I can agree with them, or disagree, as I choose.

But, I do ask, and I don't think it's too much to ask for, that they at least attempt to delineate between what going on and editorials. It becomes much harder when editorials are being passed off as fact. Still possible, but harder. Matters not which way the editorial swings, it's still not right--not wrong either, but should be frowned upon. MHO, of course.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

No, sorry, I do not trust you when you say that; you do not provide evidence that I should trust that.

Good!!! You shouldn't trust me without evidence!! ...and I've not given any, just opinion.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Admitted
What's disturbing to me is that he focuses on it at all.

He needs to be Presidential. Put his best foot forward at all times and the rest will follow. Let the press be the press, let them talk and argue and spin circles all they want. It's their job, not the President's.

His need to hit back only shows his lack of control. He's a knee waiting to be hit with a little rubber hammer so he can plant his ten-ton foot up someone's arse.

Bleh.

The problem with that argument is that he would have already been prosecuted based on the made up evidence, in the made up stories, by the made up “sources”, that would have never came to light had he not proven the fake news that was, is, and will be circulated. I’m sure any of you would just sit back while a libelous force attempted to destroy you, your family, and your friends. Yeah, didn’t think so...

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Most news stations and ESPECIALLY CNN is not THE PRESS.

Yes, they are, in fact, The Press, whether or not you agree with them.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Unfortunately the press doesn't get a choice. They have to cover him and report because he's the president.
I'm sure they'd rather not get abused. Most would rather not cover him anymore.

Hey but guess what were all not talking about today?
Russia. Right?
No one's talking about Russia or the guy Smith who told the journal he had been actively seeking material to hurt Hillary's campaign and he claims he did it at the behest of trumps campaign.
But nope. Nobody talking about the first possible evidence of collusion made public.
We're all talking about rude tweets AGAIN.

Of course they don’t want to cover him...their accuracy in reporting is finally being scrutinized and it appears some can’t pass that test. As for the article your referring to...nice try, not vetted, and one person’s account, with a dead guy thrown in for good measure. Yet more liberal grandstanding.
edit on 2-7-2017 by Lab4Us because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

a reply to: proteus33

The press doesn't tell lies. The president really does and says all that crap.
The press just reports it.
It's him not them

This, this here is why the ATS community considers you delusional.

The media doesn't LIE, for all to see.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

a reply to: 1337Kph

...but you just said the media doesn't lie, so maybe not lemming, but a sheep. Easily lead over the cliffs.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join