It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President’s abuse of the press is violative of his oath of office and is grounds for impeachment

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: theworldisnotenough

LOL you are an idiot. Free speech goes both ways. Not only free speech for you but anyone else that disagrees with you.
edit on 2-7-2017 by amfirst1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Two threads now she has said that and I replied and she won't respond.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Mirroring my thoughts...

edit on 2-7-2017 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
He's also not promoting violence. WWE is as fake as CNN. That went over their heads. They sure loved that Trump getting killed/Shakespeare mess in the park though...didn't they? This guy is exposing their hypocrisy daily. I love it.
edit on 2-7-2017 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ker2010
They sure loved that Trump getting killed/Shakespeare mess in the park though...didn't they?

So true. It's freedom of expression / art / satire whenever they throw some poop around, and it's VIOLENCE!! MENTAL ILLNESS!! when they get some thrown back at them.

"He's supposed to be presidential!!!!" -liberals 2k17
edit on 2-7-2017 by 1337Kph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: amfirst1

Perhaps especially speech that disagrees. How else are compromises, or new ideas, brought up?

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Why do you folks keep treating Trump as if he is a normal citizen? He wasn't even a normal citizen when he -was- a normal citizen. Ironically several years ago, this place was on fire about the injustice and greed of the 1%.

But there are obligations that go with POTUS, which Trump (and many of you) ignore. As the Nebraska (Republican) Senator put it, Trump is in danger of weaponizing distrust against the media, which goes against what the First Amendment is all about. Whether you want to admit it or not, the President has a -MUCH- greater chance at causing conflict against media due to the weight of his words, than anyone else does.

The problem is that he is only going to war against the MSM that dares to disagree with him, or criticize Trump. And the only reason he is doing it, is because after an entire life of entitlement and money, he has no idea how to handle the negativity that comes with the job of President. So he lashes back like an angsty teen in high school.

And you folks are simply hypocrites. You are incredibly delusional if you don't think Fox news, or many of the other MSM sources that kiss Trump's butt to stay out of his line of fire, are somehow different. They are all the same. They play by their own rules, they have their own agenda. Saying Fox is somehow better than CNN is absolutely laughable. But since your boy Trump is only attacking those who dare criticize him, you have put on blinders to the bigger issue.

I can only assume most of you are just enjoying your black sheep victor having his way with those who dared (or still dare) to question him and his policies. I hope you are just not -that- ignorant, where you don't see the serious danger of a President who only allows media to speak of him if it's to praise him, and tries to kill off or cause hate towards any media that dares be critical of the President of the United States.
edit on 2-7-2017 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

The distrust has always been there. Because it's always been deserved. All too often the media has overstepped their bounds and become arbiters of what is fact. Editorials, rather than just reporting on events.

"Weaponizing"? When hasn't the press been weaponized? Name an era? I don't think you can, I certainly can't.

Way, way overstating it.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Mika Brzezinski said that it was the media’s job to “control exactly what people think.”

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
As the Nebraska (Republican) Senator put it, Trump is in danger of weaponizing distrust against the media, which goes against what the First Amendment is all about.

Not even close to true:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press"

Trump hasn't done anything to prohibit the press, as evidenced by their non-stop attacks. And Congress certainly hasn't passed any law. Also, it says nothing about the citizens being required to trust the main stream media, especially when they have been exposed as corrupt liars countless times. Not to mention the press isn't limited to CNN/MSNBC, in fact they are a very tiny portion of the press these days. Press freedom is greater today than it has ever been.
edit on 2-7-2017 by TruMcCarthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Except it's the media doing that, not Trump. Maybe if they stopped being so agenda driven and so biased and actually simply reported actual news and truth they would not be in this situation.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Trump tells White House press photographers "you guys are getting worse". CNN posts a clip with him saying that as if he is abusing the press once again, but..

They don't show what happened to cause him to say that. The press were all literally pushing and shoving each other for a good position and a lamp on the table next to Trump nearly falls on him. His trusty bodyguard, Keith Schiller caught it.

The first clip shows what really happened and the second CNN clip shows Trump "abusing the press". Who's abusing who, now?

I can't embed the first one.

twitter.com...

CNN clip at the beginning.

WOW

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

How is that any different than at any point since the invention of the printing press, or even the invention of the written word.

There's nothing new here. The only thing new is the speed of its spread. That's all.

If ATS hadn't had three threads, it may be more by now, about this tweet this morning, I'd never have known about it, since I don't tweet or facebook. I find it remarkably easy to ignore all of it, because regardless of what's said/tweeted/whatever, the sun is still rising tomorrow, and I've still got to help get a house ready for sale.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

The only thing new is the press is being caught admitting to it, the rest I agree is not new. The only new aspect is the animosity of politics today where it's a total us vs them attitude and the media has picked a side and it's obvious. Usually the media and the president are both in on it together, not against each other.
edit on 2-7-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

What is so horrific about admitting it when it's hardly a secret?

Hearst admitted to it, too. Back in the day.

“You furnish the pictures and I'll furnish the war.” – William Randolph Hearst

It's a bad thing that they want to manipulate public opinion, and there's only so much we can do about it, though if 300 million of us, or even a decent percentage of that number, got together over it, something would change, I'm sure.

But many, if not most, of us know they're doing it, and so can, if so inclined, read between the lines. I can, for the most part, and the more important the issue, the closer I look.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I don't recall assigning any horror to it. But they do it, and they admit they do it, so Trump (or anyone) calling them on it is not abusing them.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
I find it remarkably easy to ignore all of it, because regardless of what's said/tweeted/whatever, the sun is still rising tomorrow, and I've still got to help get a house ready for sale.

Why don't we just ignore everything seagull? Hell, why even bother with Freedom of the Press? As long as you can get that house sold everything will be fine wont it?

I'm all for it. Let's ignore it all, this way Kim-Il Trump can get the state run press that he is pushing for.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

I find it remarkably easy to ignore all of it, because regardless of what's said/tweeted/whatever, the sun is still rising tomorrow, and I've still got to help get a house ready for sale.

Why don't we just ignore everything seagull? Hell, why even bother with Freedom of the Press? As long as you can get that house sold everything will be fine wont it?

I'm all for it. Let's ignore it all, this way Kim-Il Trump can get the state run press that he is pushing for.

BWAAAAHAAHAA, PULEEZZ.

Dx3

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

I don't think you even believe the BS you are posting. Please show me one time where Trump has stated he wants "state run press", or anything even close to that. You are letting your emotions get the best of you I think. Despite what you have been fed, Trump is no Hitler/Stalin etc.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Are you seriously telling me that this tweet is a threat to freedom of speech? Seriously?

...and yes, I find stupidity of that nature remarkably easy to ignore. Trust me when I say I'll know a true threat when it arises.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join