It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President’s abuse of the press is violative of his oath of office and is grounds for impeachment

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Except he did say the Obama administration influenced him and made him "feel uneasy". Specifically, calling the Clinton investigation a "matter" - Lynch was head of the DOJ under Obama.

Comey said multiple times (in multiple settings) that he was not coerced by Trump.

Personally, I think this is CYA on Comey's part. If Trump had attempted to influence him, and he failed to report it, Comey knows he would be guilty of crimes himself. He is more worried about his own image and is willing to prop up multiple administration to save his own skin (and reputation).

He was the head of the FBI - the Top G-Man - yet to listen to his testimony we hear:
"I was weak"
"I was afraid"
"If I was stronger"
"I didn't know what to do"

He casts himself into the role of a victim rather than a government investigator with decades of experience (working with multiple Presidents). Why would he do that?

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

He was the head of the FBI - the Top G-Man - yet to listen to his testimony we hear:
"I was weak"
"I was afraid"
"If I was stronger"

He casts himself into the role of a victim rather than a government investigator with decades of experience (working with multiple Presidents). Why would he do that?

Because he was confronted by a sociopath who happens to be the most powerful man on the planet. If President Trump invited you to a one-on-one dinner, locked the door, then threatened to fire you if you did not conspire with him to obstruct justice, what would you do?

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   

That's some excellent fan fiction you've got there.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   

No he didn't. He said higher ups.

I hate to burst your bubble but there's no evidence for an obstruction investigation at all. This comes from a man who is an attorney, Harvard law professor, who doesn't like trump.
edit on 4-7-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

It's his words. He doesn't even really deny it in your linked story.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus

Personally, I think this is CYA on Comey's part.

Which part of his A precisely is he C'ing? He's already fired...

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: windword

It's his words. He doesn't even really deny it in your linked story.

What Van Jones didn't say in the video, is that CNN has been lying to their audience about the story. His "nothingburger" was directed at a specific testimony and suggested that we have to wait a while longer to see anything important imerge from these investigations.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I'm late to spot this thread title......hail.....someone had to clamp down on the media's sorry sap sucking azzs

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Comey NEVER said he wasn't coerced by trump.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

They fail to see this as respect for the office so they insist these are genuine character flaws.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Well who would know better huh?

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: craterman

Oh what's this?
He he he... HE started it!!!

They made me do it.

Like that little kid in JAWS.
edit on 742017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

So when Mike Pence said that Mike Flynn wasn't talking to the Russians about sanctions because Flynn told him that was Pence the liar?

Because he sure did forward that lie of Flynns. But I don't consider Pence a liar. I see him as just another victim of that whole lying administration.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

None. In Atlantic city I've stayed at Ballys, Trop World, The Hilton and the Playboy Club at various times.
I didn't even gamble at any of trumps places. They were rather tacky if you ask me.
In Vegas I stayed at The Aladdin now a Planet Hollywood.
And at Paris Las Vegas where the food was exquisite and the service white glove.
In NY I stay with family. Lol.
So I've never spent a dime in any trump establishment.
I will say this. The Taj was so brightly lit at night it attracted every seagull in south Jersey. They flew around the minarets because they were lit like day. That was pretty cool.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

That's correct. The press can abuse the president. The president cannot abuse the press.
Period. End of story.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Really?

Ugly...

No context but the meaning I think is pretty clear.

Liar ..same thing.

Is that a British thing? Words have no meaning except as they relate to other words? Because if words only have meaning when combined with other words than we have no language only vague concepts. Since individuals words have no meaning unto themselves.
Jesus, you really think this?
edit on 742017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

That video was edited and is itself a big fat lie.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

"I was weak"
"I was afraid"
"If I was stronger"

Because he was confronted by a sociopath who happens to be the most powerful man on the planet. If President Trump invited you to a one-on-one dinner, locked the door, then threatened to fire you if you did not conspire with him to obstruct justice, what would you do?

I'd publicly quite in protest... But that's just me ... I'd like to look my self in the mirror and not see a man who can be described as those things.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Single incident?

I guess telling the Russian spies that he invited into the oval office that the pressure was off doesn't count huh?

I guess asking any witnesses to leave the room so a private conversation can be had doesn't count either?

It's not a singular incident nor did it occur in a vacuum.

The evidence won't be one thing it will be an accumulation of things and events and they're adding up to trump being one bad hombre.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: UKTruth

Really?

Ugly...

No context but the meaning I think is pretty clear.

Liar ..same thing.

Is that a British thing? Words have no meaning except as they relate to other words? Because if words only have meaning when combined with other words than we have no language only vague concepts. Since individuals words have no meaning unto themselves.
Jesus, you really think this?

Context is always important, and no that is not a British thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join