It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need help... my key is stuck in ingnition...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=22369310]Ah, you hot it, good job.
edit on 19-6-2017 by KEACHI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
thanks to all who responded with your suggestions....

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Is your steering at dead ahead?

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

it was ya, probably still is..

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

It's usually better to always have the habit of wheels dead ahead when stopped for both power steering and the steering lock. Below may be a solution if there is a mechanical misalignment in the system,

www.justanswer.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

a reply to: dawnstar

he said he doesn't really know what he did that fixed it...
he did unplug one cable in order to take the console off, maybe that was it??

If it was a big yellow wire, be wary- that triggers the air bag (bomb)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac
hope not, but think he started it up afterward... so, don't think he affected the airbag, hope not...
need to get it inspected next month and it won't pass with that messed up..

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Call some emergency roadside help, is all I can suggest! Sounds like the ignition is stuck, somehow, and that's a real hassle! A locksmith isn't cheap, but likely, you'll have to replace the ignition.

Did locate this, for what it's worth - link

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

It's usually better to always have the habit of wheels dead ahead when stopped for both power steering and the steering lock. Below may be a solution if there is a mechanical misalignment in the system,

www.justanswer.com...

Lies! You are working with Big Tire

You are correct sir. Had to make a joke at the expense of ATS members though

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Mess with the shift and clutch if manual. If automatic mess with the gear shifter by putting it in Drive and firmly putting it into park.

If you moved the position of the steering wheel, move that back and try getting it to snap into a secure position, maybe make sure the adjustment lever is in the locked position.

Also, sometimes you just have to turn the wheel to finish its rotation. So if its to the left then make sure it is ALL THE WAY to the left and hold it while you pull out the key.
edit on 6 22 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
okay, if you take the handle off the shifter, there's a small little white piece sticking up..
if you pull that up, it will release the key...

was wondering if maybe that little piece is just getting stuck and maybe if I put a little wd40 or whatever on it it might work?? but, I am also wonder if there is a possibility that wd40 could damage something??
was wondering if I could get some opinions on it.
I am running out of food, and would rather handle the grocery shopping on my own, driving my own car.
heck, I'm even searching amazon hoping to find something that I can turn into a meal...lol...
spam hash???

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   

I have an older Mercedes,and when the key sticks,you have to work the steering wheel back and forth hard till it releases,when I park now,I put emergency brake on ,and never lock steering wheel,ex has an 06 Mitsubishi,same problem,steering wheel lock works with ignition

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

I think the wd40 worked. I took it for it's inspection, expecting to pay a hundred or so for them to tear the thing apart, and it didn't act up for them... but of course, they found a gas leak (valve problem) that need to be fixed to pass inspection, so still ended up spending quit a bit of money. but, it has only caused me a couple of problems since then and I've manage to just start the car back up and put it back in park and it works fine?

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   

On older cars don't lock the steering wheel,the locks get old,try banging steering wheel back and forth while working key,my Merc does it when wheel locks,I hate those things,steering wheel must be locked when towing,tow truck drivers run across this quite often

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I know you`ve probably fixed this issue by know but I`m chiming in anyways. I`m a long time member of the GM W-body group and have owned a Grand Prix with very similar parts and issues. If it happens again look under the steering column and you might see a small quarter size pop-out panel. Pop this out and you would feel a button inside that can be depressed to remove the key. You may also have some issues shifting from park sometimes and both of these issues are due to a wire harness breaking inside the floor shifting console. Ive fixed this on my 1999 Pontiac GTP personally so feel free to PM me with any W-body related questions.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I remember my first car!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join