It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special counsel is investigating Trump for possible obstruction of justice

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

The dossier WAS handed to the FBI and Comey discussed it with Trump. No investigation was opened. Handing a document over does not mean there is an investigation, nor does it mean an investigation has to be opened.

Of course it was/is being investigated.

The dossier, compiled by a former MI6 intelligence officer named Christopher Steele, detailed several allegations of collusion between Donald Trump's 2016 presidential campaign and Russia, among other salacious details. The FBI is investigating the explosive claims made in the dossier. During his testimony, Comey was asked by Sen. Richard Burr, the Republican chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, whether the FBI was able to confirm any criminal allegations contained in the document. Comey replied that he couldn't answer the question in an "open setting," because it "goes into the details" of the FBI's investigation.

www.businessinsider.com...

At some point you will have to admit that the reason you think there is an investigation into Trump by the SC is because WaPo told you so, based off unnamed sources saying interviews had been set up with Coates, Rogers and co.

I was saying it before the WaPo piece came out. I was saying the day of Comey's testimony.

Regardless of what you think, how you can then state it as fact is still a question you don't seem to want to answer.

The head of the FBI made specific allegations against the president and handed over his documents to a SC. Do you think they are going to just dismiss it, without looking in to it?

Use your head.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: GokuVsSuperman0
a reply to: Grambler
So the President alluding to having tapes doesn't count. His words don't matter? Gotcha!
I don't give a sh*t about Hillary, or the fact that he made political enemies. What matters is that none of theses
Republicans questioned his credibility or the characterization that Trump is a liar TO HIS FACE(during his hearing) Politicians squawking on cable tv is just noise.

You lied. You said the Trump said he had tapes. He didn't.

For someone who makes such a focus on liars, perhaps you should turn that concern on yourself.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I have no reason to believe the FBI and the media are trying to bring him down. That is the conspiracy you and others are clutching on to, as I said in my post.

It does not register even a slightest bit that Trump may have created this situation himself by his own decisions.

Then why do you think there are so many leaks? Why do you thinl that many of the stories in the press about Trump are false, according to comey?

They are just doing it for kicks?

Again, your comments prove that you are not concerned about these leaks.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: GokuVsSuperman0
So now we can't trust the last 2 directors of the FBI. The former being so damn good at his job they extended his term by 2 years. But we should fully trust that the President is telling us the truth? Have you gone mad!? lol

That has nothing to do with the fact that politicians often switch views on who is credible depending on whether it suits them. That applies to both parties. Truth also has nothing to do with the fact that Comey and Mueller and good friends, so Mueller has a conflict of interest if he takes on an investigation in which his good friend is the accuser.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Throes

You can't see me but I'm here.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: GokuVsSuperman0

Where did I say he was a Democrat?

Darn people needs to read better.

Comey and Mueller are best friends, Comey back in 2000s make millions thanks to his associations with the Clintons.

Mueller is hiring Democrat donors, Special counsel team members donated to Dems, FEC records show

www.cnn.com...

It nice, to see the now headlines of Muellers team that Will take down the Trump administration

Clintons are screaming for payback now.

What a joke, specially this littler gem from Mueller's team.

Jeannie Rhee

Rhee was the second-largest donor among Mueller's known team. Rhee has donated more than $16,000 since 2008, all to Democrats. She maxed out to the Clinton campaign in 2016 and 2015, totaling $5,400. She also gave a total of $7,300 to Obama's two presidential campaigns. She has already received attention for representing the Clinton Foundation in a racketeering lawsuit brought by a conservative advocacy group, and also represented Clinton herself in a lawsuit seeking access to her private emails.

Mueller is not looking very nice right now and neither his bias pro Clinton team.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
That's why I corrected myself and wrote "alluded". I don't believe he has tapes, I think he just made another crazy unsubstantiated tweet. Classic Trump

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: introvert

I have no reason to believe the FBI and the media are trying to bring him down. That is the conspiracy you and others are clutching on to, as I said in my post.

It does not register even a slightest bit that Trump may have created this situation himself by his own decisions.

Then why do you think there are so many leaks? Why do you thinl that many of the stories in the press about Trump are false, according to comey?

They are just doing it for kicks?

Again, your comments prove that you are not concerned about these leaks.

Comey also said that those who know, don't leak. Those that leak, don't know.

I cannot tell you why people are leaking info to the press and it seems reasonable that the press would publish it if they are given the info, whether or not it's true. They want to be the one with the story first.

Again, I will not be baited in to believing the deep state, conspiratorial garbage.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler
I corrected myself and said "alluded". Which is a fancy word for "hinted at"

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I got the 5 sources that leaked the WAPO that they are going for obstruction

It was the 5 lawyers that Mueller hired for his team.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043
Well ur saying he's biased for democrats. So...
I just think he's hiring the most competent people he can, no matter their political affiliation. What is he suppose to recuse himself because Comey is a friend? That's really stupid, he's a professional. Not a gossiping High school girl

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Really? Because from where I'm sitting the evidence is obvious. Right there out in the open.
Lots of concrete evidence right out of trumps mouth. Plus circumstantial evidence like a memo stating lies as a reason to terminate Comey and Comeys eventual termination as a result of those lies.
The Russians expressing trumps relief that the burdensome nut job was out of his hair.
Comeys contemporaneous memos of alleged conversations between him and the president.
And tweets...

I don't know. Here a good mens rea would come in handy. What could it possibly be other than to halt a federal investigation.
Comey was doing a "bad job" just won't cut it.

Come on offer up the defense...what is it?

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme
OPTION 1: Either Trump dug his own hole deeper by electronically putting his foot in his mouth on twitter, as well as admitting to Lester Holt on television the real reason he fired Comey...

OPTION 2: Or you believe this is all a liberal, fake news, media conspiracy and Comey and Mueller, two life long Republicans are in on it

Lol some crazy choices either way
edit on 15-6-2017 by GokuVsSuperman0 because: Worda

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Assuming the investigation is honest and has no political motives.
Well then, that's where one might wish to keep one's eye on the ball. Mind you, lotta people would rather take a case of the vapours at the suggestion that Trump come under any scrutiny at all.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

An actress and a fake head is enough to take up arms and go to war?

Come on you can come up with a nobler cause than that can't you?

A president besmerched and bamboozeled even if (pardon the pun) it is trumped up is a better cause than Kathy Griffin.
You'd make her a martyr.

Time for plan B.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

It would be super noble if you'd acknowledge Comey did say that Trump said he wanted the collusion investigation to go forward:

“We need to get that fact out,” Comey said Trump repeatedly told him. The fact was that Trump was not personally under investigation. “The President went on to say that if there were some ‘satellite’ associates of his who did something wrong, it would be good to find that out, but that he hadn’t done anything wrong and hoped I would find a way to get it out that we weren’t investigating him,” Comey said.

Politico

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I'm not sure where you're seeing thack call for arms. He's simply warning what will happen if the left keeps pushing. And it's accurate. Just like it was accurate the day before the shooting when rush said someone on the left would eventually snap if they keep raising impeachment expectations, then crushing them and playing every simple thing out to be a major scandal.

People will only be pushed so far, it's human nature.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

But that destroys the idea of obstruction.

If there could even be obstruction on this (which I contend it's not possible) they'd have to prove that trump wanted to shut down the russian investigation. Meanwhile it's entirely possible (dare I say, plausible) that trump fired comey for reasons pertaining to the russia investigation (leaks, showboating, overall handling of the investigation and publicity, etc) without trying to obstruct justice.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: allsee4eye
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Assuming the investigation is honest and has no political motives.
Well then, that's where one might wish to keep one's eye on the ball. Mind you, lotta people would rather take a case of the vapours at the suggestion that Trump come under any scrutiny at all.

There are some huge Trump fans who can't stand any scrutiny of him, just like there were such fans of Obama, and Bush, and Clinton, etc etc. They are a minority though. Most people are open to legit scrutiny. So far all the major accusations have proven to be inaccurate and it's ruining your credibility with reasonable people if something real does happen.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785
Trump cared too much about the optics of the investigation.

"You may be the first president in history to go down because you can’t stop inappropriately talking about an investigation that if you just were quiet, would clear you" - Senator Lindsay Graham.

Best quote of the week lol.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join