It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special counsel is investigating Trump for possible obstruction of justice

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: GokuVsSuperman0

I think it's reasonable for any person to care about the optics of people pushing a narrative that you're under investigation when you're not. You can pretend all you want you wouldn't care but that's not true. Any one of us would want the truth to get out, and when everything but that is being leaked, it's human nature to get a little miffed.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I hope you never tried that with your boss.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Yep.
On the side of right.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I think it's deeper than that. You had congress slow rolling his agenda because of the investigation (they were far more interested in the next russia BS than they were in tax/healthcare/infrastructure/immigration). Trump knew he wasn't under investigation (as confirmed by comey) and many members of congress knew he wasn't. But that didn't stop them from slow rolling him. He knew he needed to get that information out there to get congress to move.

He fired comey. Comey made that information public. Now what do you know, suddenly the repeal and replacement of obamacare looks like it'll pass the senate by next month.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

If you believe that you're delusional.

By the way:
It would be super noble if you'd acknowledge Comey did say that Trump said he wanted the collusion investigation to go forward:

“We need to get that fact out,” Comey said Trump repeatedly told him. The fact was that Trump was not personally under investigation. “The President went on to say that if there were some ‘satellite’ associates of his who did something wrong, it would be good to find that out, but that he hadn’t done anything wrong and hoped I would find a way to get it out that we weren’t investigating him,” Comey said.

Politico

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Trust me...no one is expecting that .
No one, not even those 20% or so who still support him.
You don't. Do you?

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
-_- he's the President of the United States. Taking flak is in the job description. Obama being called an African Muslim terrorist sympathizer or W Bush being called the mastermind behind 9/11. Goes with the territory, how you navigate that sh*t is important.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Criticism by the populace and even some congressmen vs. an actual investigation being misconstrued for political gain. BIG DIFFERENCE.
edit on 15-6-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: GokuVsSuperman0
-_- he's the President of the United States. Taking flak is in the job description. Obama being called an African Muslim terrorist sympathizer or W Bush being called the mastermind behind 9/11. Goes with the territory, how you navigate that sh*t is important.

Yeah and those are entirely different than the mainstream media suggesting you're under investigation for collusion with a foreign power. Got any other apples and oranges comparisons?

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
RIGHT!? Trump's made up scandal is WAY more believable. I don't think he colluded with Russia, he can barely collude with his staff: constantly changing the narrative of the White House lol.

Michael Flynn is probably his Achilles heel seeing as he broke Military law regarding foreign compensation.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Flynn retired from the military in 2014.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: GokuVsSuperman0
RIGHT!? Trump's made up scandal is WAY more believable. I don't think he colluded with Russia, he can barely collude with his staff: constantly changing the narrative of the White House lol.

Michael Flynn is probably his Achilles heel seeing as he broke Military law regarding foreign compensation.

What made up scandal is that? The Russia collusion?

Flynn isn't gonna be damaging for Trump seeing as how Trump fired him. If Flynn gets charged, so be it, isn't gonna impact Trump.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

They're going to ask Rogers and Coats ( why does that sound like the name of a vaudeville act? ) if trump asked them to speak to then FBI director Comey about stopping the investigation into Mike Flynn or even if he suggested to them to ask Comey to announce that he wasn't under investigation. ( ironic huh?)
They will not get away with their lame excuses for not answering now.
This is the law and they can and I have no doubt will be sent to jail if they try it.
Nor will they lie as that will have the same result.
So look at it this way, they will answer truthfully. One way or the other.
Their answers will determine future actions.
edit on 6152017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite
Flynn was obligated as a retired Army officer to request permission from both the Defense and State departments about prospective foreign government payments before he received them. Doesn't matter if he retired, so long as he was in the military.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

They've already answered those questions under oath.
At no time did either of them feel pressure by the president or any other party to end the investigation into Russia.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
So if Obama had an NSA who broke military law by not disclosing foreign payments. You don't think that would effect his presidency early on? That's crazy

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

While the UCMJ does apply to anyone receiving pay from the military(including retiree's) it's highly unusual for retirees to be punished for violating military law. The only circumstances I know of where this has happened are on major crimes (espionage, rape, and murder are the only I've ever heard of), not paperwork.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Obama had an attorney general who was held in contempt of congress, who he didn't fire and it didn't effect his presidency. Much bigger than a guy who never made it two months past the whitehouse imo.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

If he fired him? What else is he supposed to do? Fire him twice? He got fired and he's being investigated. In this country we don't draw and quarter people without a trial.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

You'll be denying it as trump packs up the contents of his desk and slinks back to fifth have in shame.
There goes all that Russian money....
So I won't bother.
Lol

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join