It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special counsel is investigating Trump for possible obstruction of justice

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The Washington Post writes: "Officials Say" that the Special Counsel Robert Mueller is investigating Trump for obstruction of justice !!

This is according to "Officials".

And it's because of the James Comey allegations and testimonies, and they are looking for financial crimes committed by Trump associates.

This started right after Trump fired Comey.

Well now WHAT !!

Five people briefed on the requests, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly said

Special counsel is investigating Trump for possible obstruction of justice, officials say

The special counsel overseeing the investigation into Russia’s role in the 2016 election is interviewing senior intelligence officials as part of a widening probe that now includes an examination of whether President Trump attempted to obstruct justice, officials said.

The move by Special Counsel Robert S. Mueller III to investigate Trump’s own conduct marks a major turning point in the nearly year-old FBI investigation, which until recently focused on Russian meddling during the presidential campaign and on whether there was any coordination between the Trump campaign and the Kremlin. Investigators have also been looking for any evidence of possible financial crimes among Trump associates, officials said.

Trump had received private assurances from former FBI Director James B. Comey starting in January that he was not personally under investigation. Officials say that changed shortly after Comey’s firing.

"Jesus, what did I do anyway ?"

edit on Jun-14-2017 by xuenchen because: nyet HET

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

All the snip that came out of Comey about Lynch and Mueller is on this kick?

Yea, these pricks want a civil war! If you aren't getting ready, I suggest you do, and that means stalking up on food and water!

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I guess it is better than getting shot at?

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Smells like more bulls#it to me.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Another 'officials say' from Wapo?
Yeah right.
Nicely timed article to swing the story back to Trump after the media have taken a hit today over their constant vitriol.
WaPo's war against America continues - a left wing rag run by Mexico.
edit on 14/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

What justice obstructed? Thats one of those deal where you got to have the goose cooked first.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Which reminds me......I missed the 6:30 network news again to night!
edit on 14-6-2017 by Logarock because: l

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I think it's about time they start prosecuting all of these DNC anonymous officials/leakers.

Leaking details of an ongoing investigation is just as criminal as obstruction would be.
edit on 14-6-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Trump gets convicted its civil war time! Repubs have more weapons and shoot more accurately.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I refer you to this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please note that the "anonymous sources" that "leaked" Comey's testimony was Comey himself.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

I think it's about time they start prosecuting all of these DNC anonymous officials/leakers.

Bring back McCarthyism? Typical.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Which reminds me......I missed the 6:30 network news again to night!

Abc made time to squeeze it in.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

These idiots will never admit defeat. They are still hoping that the 101st time they tell the lie it will miraculously become fact. They are willing to burn the Country to the ground to claim victory.

This level of fanaticism will not have a happy ending for anyone.

I am with Seeker1963, best be prepared.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

The Attorney General referred to that yesterday.

He is serious.

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Are we surprised?

We knew this was coming, regardless of how many wanted it to not be true.

Trump fired Comey because of the Russia investigation and wanted him to go public stating Trump was not personally under investigation.

In return...he got a personal investigation.

Irony at it's finest.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Some intriguing OPs today xeu..

Everything still on track

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

So if there was obstruction does Comey get investigated as well? Also even if they do investigate obstruction they would have to many comparisons or another look at Clinton investigation no? I just see if they try to push BS while letting Hillary off the hook it will come back on them to heavy. If they do find anything and push charges forward how would they explain prosecuting him and not much of any obstruction going on with Clinton and the DOJ and DNC.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Trump gets convicted its civil war time! Repubs have more weapons and shoot more accurately.

I seriously doubt it.

#1. Trump is not worth dying for.
#2. His "duly elected successor" that the winners of said civil war (if the left wins) isn't worth dying for either.
#3. The vast majority of dictatorships that have risen up from overthrowing the government have been extreme left. History suggests they have a very good shot of beating the Republicans.
#4. Why would an impeachment even lead to a civil war? It would unify the Republicans under Mike Pence.
#5. How would such a civil war even go down? There are no battle lines, every single city, county, and state is purple to one degree or another. There isn't a front line. There wouldn't be a "civil" war, if anything it would be a guerrilla war fueled by terrorist acts to create economic damage. There wouldn't be armed militias shooting it out.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomthoughts12

If they do find anything and push charges forward how would they explain prosecuting him and not much of any obstruction going on with Clinton and the DOJ and DNC.

Intent.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: randomthoughts12

I do believe that's what's actually happening

The trump narrative is over!
The main leakers are gone

Apparently sources still weave webs

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join