It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special counsel is investigating Trump for possible obstruction of justice

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

As it pertained to the trump campaign, the dossier was used by the FBI to get things moving. See here: www.cnn.com...

The fact that the dossier was discredited and so far no evidence has been found makes the entire investigation silly.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
a reply to: burntheships

Yes everyone likes to forget there's a current DOJ Inspector General investigation into the Clinton email case. It initially did not include Lynch, and they haven't really put out much since it started, but I can't see how it wouldn't include Lynch at this point, especially considering Comey's testimony to Congress. We'll see what they come up with.

You mean there is an investigation that doesn't have leaks coming out constantly to smear the people in the investigation?

That doesn't seem right....

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

As it pertained to the trump campaign, the dossier was used by the FBI to get things moving. See here: www.cnn.com...

The fact that the dossier was discredited and so far no evidence has been found makes the entire investigation silly.

Take a look at what your link said:

he FBI last year used a dossier of allegations of Russian ties to Donald Trump's campaign as part justification to win approval to secretly monitor a Trump associate, according to US officials briefed on the investigation.

The dossier has also been cited by FBI Director James Comey in some of his briefings to members of Congress in recent weeks, as one of the sources of information the bureau has used to bolster its investigation, according to US officials briefed on the probe.

US law enforcement and intelligence officials have said US investigators did their own work, separate from the dossier, to support their findings that Russia tried to meddle in the 2016 presidential election in favor of Trump.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: UKTruth

a reply to: UKTruth

The dossier WAS handed to the FBI and Comey discussed it with Trump. No investigation was opened. Handing a document over does not mean there is an investigation, nor does it mean an investigation has to be opened.

Of course it was/is being investigated.

The dossier, compiled by a former MI6 intelligence officer named Christopher Steele, detailed several allegations of collusion between Donald Trump's 2016 presidential campaign and Russia, among other salacious details. The FBI is investigating the explosive claims made in the dossier. During his testimony, Comey was asked by Sen. Richard Burr, the Republican chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, whether the FBI was able to confirm any criminal allegations contained in the document. Comey replied that he couldn't answer the question in an "open setting," because it "goes into the details" of the FBI's investigation.

www.businessinsider.com...

At some point you will have to admit that the reason you think there is an investigation into Trump by the SC is because WaPo told you so, based off unnamed sources saying interviews had been set up with Coates, Rogers and co.

I was saying it before the WaPo piece came out. I was saying the day of Comey's testimony.

Regardless of what you think, how you can then state it as fact is still a question you don't seem to want to answer.

The head of the FBI made specific allegations against the president and handed over his documents to a SC. Do you think they are going to just dismiss it, without looking in to it?

Use your head.

Nope, Trump was is not being investigated for anything in the dossier as was already confirmed.

I did not say Trump was being investigated. You said no investigation was started in regards to the dossier. That is verifiably false.

We're talking about investigations into Trump.
The Dossier contained accusations about Trump. It was passed to the FBI. No investigation into Trump was started.
Handing over information does not equal the start of an investigation.

So it looks like the fact a document was handed to the special counsel and a WaPo story about interviews being set up is your basis for your claim that an investigation is under way into Trump. Seems like you don't really wait for the facts at all, you just allow newspapers to feed your confirmation bias.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

We're talking about investigations into Trump. The Dossier contained accusations about Trump. It was passed to the FBI. No investigation into Trump was started. Handing over information does not equal the start of an investigation.

I disagree. In this case, whether Trump was the target or not, it is clear that the FBI investigated the dossier when they received it and now that the former head of the FBI made specific claims and handed over his memos, we can be quite certain that will be investigated.

So it looks like the fact a document was handed to the special counsel and a WaPo story about interviews being set up is your basis for your claim that an investigation is under way into Trump. Seems like you don't really wait for the facts at all, you just allow newspapers to feed your confirmation bias.

Again, I was saying before the WaPo piece came out. Kinda puts the squash or your claim.

As for the documents going to the SC, you can bet they are investigating it. They have to, considering the public claims made by Comey and the fact he shared it with other leaders in the IC community.

You can twist in your panties all you want and try to flip-flop around this issue, but you can rest easy knowing this is being investigated.

Trump...personally, that is.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

We're talking about investigations into Trump. The Dossier contained accusations about Trump. It was passed to the FBI. No investigation into Trump was started. Handing over information does not equal the start of an investigation.

I disagree. In this case, whether Trump was the target or not, it is clear that the FBI investigated the dossier when they received it and now that the former head of the FBI made specific claims and handed over his memos, we can be quite certain that will be investigated.

Again, I was saying before the WaPo piece came out. Kinda puts the squash or your claim.

As for the documents going to the SC, you can bet they are investigating it. They have to, considering the public claims made by Comey and the fact he shared it with other leaders in the IC community.

You can twist in your panties all you want and try to flip-flop around this issue, but you can rest easy knowing this is being investigated.

Trump...personally, that is.

Nope. A document was provided to the FBI that included accusations against Trump. No investigation was opened. A fact you can not escape. Looking at information does not mean an investigation is opened. Your mental gymnastics to cover your falsehood will not work when reality is against you.

The WaPo speculation confirmed you confirmation bias.

Now, when you have something concrete to say that an investigation is open, you can claim it as fact. Until then any such effort to claim this fact is a lie and propaganda.
edit on 15/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Nope. A document was provided to the FBI that included accusations against Trump. No investigation was opened. A fact you can not escape.

Really? You have proof that there is no ongoing investigation going on in regards to Trump and Comey?

Please provide.

Looking at information doe snot mean an investigation is opened. Your mental gymnastics to cover your falsehood will not work when reality is against you.

You already tried that line of reasoning using the dossier and you were proven false.

The WaPo speculation confirmed you confirmation bias.

First you said the WaPo piece was the basis for my claim and now you say it just confirmed my bias? The sands are always shifting.

Now, when you have something concrete to say that an investigation is open, you can claim it as fact. Until then any such effort to claim this fact is a lie and propaganda.

It's not a lie. It's a fact and will claim as such at this time. You know damn good and well it's being investigated, but you claim no investigation was opened and it is fact. I will await your proof, which you have since you said it is fact, and will eat crow if you can do so.
edit on 15-6-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I caught this in another thread and it supports what I've been saying all along.

The Senate Judiciary Committee is launching a wide-ranging probe into the circumstances behind James Comey’s firing as FBI director, as well as any attempts to influence FBI investigations under the Obama administration.

The committee’s chairman, Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), laid out his plan in a letter made public Wednesday in response to requests from Democrats to investigate potential obstruction of justice surrounding Comey’s dismissal by President Donald Trump last month.

“The Judiciary Committee has an obligation to fully investigate any alleged improper partisan interference in law enforcement investigations,” Grassley wrote to his Democratic counterpart, Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California. “It is my view that fully investigating the facts, circumstances, and rationale for Mr. Comey’s removal will provide us the opportunity to do that on a cooperative, bipartisan basis.”

www.politico.com...

I had said there would be two investigations. One with the FBI and another in congress.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

There was a dossier about Trump personally doing bad things such as colluding with Russians.

Comey admitted there was never an investigation on Trump.

Seems pretty easy to understand to me.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

There was a dossier about Trump personally doing bad things such as colluding with Russians.

But there was an investigation. That is my point.

An allegedly fake document was given to the FBI and they investgated it. We have absolutely no reason to believe they would not be investigating the Comey issue, considering he is the former head of the FBI and he handed over all of his memos.

As I just posted, congress is stepping in as expected. The SC is doing the same.

Such allegations cannot be ignored.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

I've still never gotten an answer on how you can obstruct justice on a case where justice isn't the goal. Who was going to be brought to justice on a counter intelligence probe and in what way did trump talking to coates or the other guy obstruct that justice?

If there's an investigation, you can obstruct it. Trump trying to talk any of these people into either ending it or otherwise gumming up the works is worthy of investigation for obstruction.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Yep very easy to understand.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

But there was an investigation. That is my point.

An allegedly fake document was given to the FBI and they investgated it. We have absolutely no reason to believe they would not be investigating the Comey issue, considering he is the former head of the FBI and he handed over all of his memos.

As I just posted, congress is stepping in as expected. The SC is doing the same.

Such allegations cannot be ignored.

Actually Congress IS investigating - correct. It's a broad investigation into both the Obama and Trump administrations regarding influence on the FBI. We can say that because they have told us.

We have no idea if the SC is investigating. Unless you provide a source beyond your failed argument that just because a document is passed to the SC they are opening an investigation into Trump and a WaPo rumour, that gives some substance to your claim, I will assume you are lying again.
The onus is on you to substantiate your claims which appear to based on rumour and a lack of knowledge.

Finally, the reason the SC (and the FBI) do not confirm or deny investigations is to avoid the precise set of speculation and propaganda that you are pushing.
edit on 15/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Actually Congress IS investigating - correct. We can say that because they have told us.

So we now know Trump is personally involved in an investigation.

We have no idea if the SC is investigating. Unless you provide a source beyond your failed argument that just because a document is passed to the SC they are opening an investigation

It is reasonable to conclude that they are investigating it. The problem here is your partisanship and Trump-love wont allow you to be honest yourself.

Unless you provide a source beyond your failed argument that just because a document is passed to the SC they are opening an investigation into Trump and a WaPo rumour that gives some substance to your claim, I will assume you are lying again.

I haven't lied about anything. I've given you my opinion that it is fact Trump is being investigated. Congress came through on their end and the SC will as well. This is not something they can simply dismiss.

By the way, you said it was fact that the SC was not investigating Trump. I turned your logic back on to you and asked for the proof of that fact. Which you have not provided.

Is it safe to assume you were lying, talking out of your ass, or was that just a statement of political hope? You've invested a lot in to Trump and it appears all that hard work can't stop the wall from crumbling around you.

The onus is on you to substantiate your claims which appear to based on rumour and a lack of knowledge.

It's based on reason. It's reasonable to suggest they are investigating it. You claimed they were not and it was fact.

Using your own logic, it is now your burden to prove that.

Finally, the reason the SC (and the FBI) do not confirm or deny investigations is to avoid the precise set of speculation and propaganda that you are pushing.

Incorrect. They do not confirm or deny in order to keep the investigation from being tainted. Speculation always surrounds such investigations by the media, people, etc.

As far as propaganda, you are using charged rhetoric to push your own propaganda narrative.

Don't be a hypocrite.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

You're taking an unnecessarily broad view of "investigation". That's where the disconnect is. The way the word is being used between left and right is completely different with completely different undertones.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

You're taking an unnecessarily broad view of "investigation". That's where the disconnect is. The way the word is being used between left and right is completely different with completely different undertones.

I'm using it in the way I have already described.

Congress is now investigating the matter and the SC most certainly is as well.

This is too big of an issue and too big of an accusation just to throw it out the window. Even the Steele dossier, which was considered fake and inaccurate, was investigated.

Some people cannot come to grips with that reality.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

That proves nothing of the sort.

Your citing Democrats that are characterizing
a separate investigation!

I agree with Dfairlite and UK Truth.

You are twisting news reports to equal your desired hope.

edit on 15-6-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

That proves nothing of the sort.

Your citing Democrats that are characterizing
a separate investigation!

I'm citing politico who produced a piece showing Congress is starting their own investigation. I said in another thread that this would be coming as well.

I agree with Dfairlite and UK Truth. You are twisting news reports to equal your desired hope.

I've twisted nothing.

Judy because Trump is being investigated does not mean he is guilty of anything. It's concerning that you guys are so defensive. Does this hit too close to home?

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

You mean there is an investigation that doesn't have leaks coming out constantly to smear the people in the investigation?

Yes, there is. Even then some take it and twist it to
a pretzel trying to shape it to be against Trump.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That is clearly an investigation into Lynch and Comey, and the FBI!

edit on 15-6-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

Yes, there is. Even then some take it and twist it to
a pretzel trying to shape it to be against Trump.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That is clearly an investigation into Lynch and Comey, and the FBI!

Here is a quote from that link:

investigate potential obstruction of justice surrounding Comey’s dismissal by President Donald Trump last month.

Notice it says "by President Donald Trump"?

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join