It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tower block on fire in London

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17
a reply to: Chadwickus

Fully engulfed, Let's see if it building 7s.

Please save this crap for another thread that is sure to pop up in the near future.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Guess the isobutane must be cheaper "climate friendly" refrigerant gas but goes "boom" if there's leak.

Globull warming doncha know.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: auroraaus
a reply to: carewemust

Thank you for highlighting the diversity of the tenants.

Not the time or place for virtue signaling.
edit on 2017-06-13T23:42:04-05:002201713America/Chicago6 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

I'm not sure what you mean by that?

I was merely responding to accusations (not FACTS) that all the tenants were muslim.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

From your link, found this.

grenfellactiongroup.wordpress.com...

Complaints about standards in work carried out..

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
From the BBC:

According to Kensington and Chelsea Council, the tower block contains 120 flats and is 24 storeys high.
It is managed by the Kensington and Chelsea Tenant Management Organisation (KCTMO) on behalf of the council and had undergone a two-year, £10m refurbishment that was completed last year.
The work included new exterior cladding and a communal heating system.
A local organisation called the Grenfell Action Group has claimed since 2013 that the block constituted a fire risk and residents had warned that access to the site for emergency vehicles was "severely restricted".

Source:

Grenfell Tower Fire

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Used to live close to it. Its a dole estate.
Full of single mothers and professional breeders.

Expecting lot of deaths.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I was merely responding to accusations (not FACTS) that all the tenants were muslim.

Nevermind.
edit on 2017-06-13T23:58:31-05:002201713America/Chicago6 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: maya27

From your link, found this.

grenfellactiongroup.wordpress.com...

Complaints about standards in work carried out..

There's also a link pointing to a report from the tenant committee, complaining that the building is a fire hazard during the ongoing renovation. Lots of trash and debris piles near the building.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

Ok. I'm sorry if I took it the wrong way. I'm cynical when I see the terms highlight and diversity .

ActuallyMostly white british.. long term tenants.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pandaram

Expecting lot of deaths.

Not joking but what the hell does that have to do with anything, or religion for the other's this is a terrible fire and there are report's of children having been dropped out or jumped out of window's in the hope that they would survive, body's covered near the base of the tower.

How does the Dole have anything to do with this and WHO THE HELL ARE YOU to call poor people BREEDERS (you hate kid's or something, our birth rate is falling we need kid's but and any nation that no longer cares about it's kid's really is doomed).

(deleted the last part of this comment, I am very emotional knowing that people are still trapped and that children are dead, but the fact these people are poor should rather be an indictment of the response to the fire and the fact they were corralled into that building like sardines an indictment against the council for not properly ensuring it was a safe structure suitable for housing all those young family's - this is a tragedy plain and simple, I am dubious as to it's cause but more concerned that it was then able to spread so thoroughly throughout that building but your comment just seemed heartless and made me angry, poor people with no job's or prospects of employment are NOT criminal's so calling them Dole family's and Breeders is just regurgitated right wing dribble for those that don't have mind's of there own and go along with the current memes in society, the death toll will be horrendous, even one child dying is horrendous but so many trapped, I can't help but think the fire fighters of the blitz would have done a better job of trying to save those people, why has the air rescue service not been called to try to winch people to safety that way or to drop line's down the side of the building, Yes breaking the window can actually oxygenate the fire and cause it to spread faster but it would seem the only viable option).

edit on 14-6-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

Ok. I'm sorry if I took it the wrong way. I'm cynical when I see the terms highlight and diversity .

Right. For a moment there I thought you were chiding me for chiding those who automatically assume/generalize the religious/cultural identity of the occupants.

My whole point in that "virtue signalling" was towards those who seek to push their own agenda at this time when there is no place for it as this is an unfolding situation and people have indeed perished in this horrific inferno.

edit on 13-6-2017 by auroraaus because: spelling

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

It's egregious to spend that kind of money and not sprinkler the building.

I've done a few "full" renovations that included exterior recladding, heat/air conditioning replacement and interior upgrades including elevators and budget never even got close to that amount.

One reason for this - GOVERNMENT JOB

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
edit on 2017-06-14T00:07:13-05:002201714America/Chicago6 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   

I suppose it doesn't matter. There are others that are starring so therefore agree with you about my "virtue signalling"

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   

That was me and I wasn't "accusing" anyone of anything. I was passing along the raw reporting I was getting off of Sky News.

It is now an established fact that this building was public housing occupied almost entirely by Somali, Eritrean, and other Muslim immigrants.

It's not "racist" or "phobic" to state simple facts.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus
This could be a mass casualty tragedy, the outcome does not look good.

It's that cladding they used, contributed to the fire spreading so fast I think.

But the fire at the 63-storey The Address Downtown Dubai wasn’t the first, second or even third blaze to spread swiftly along the exterior of skyscrapers that have risen from the desert at a torrid pace in and around Dubai over the past two decades.

It was at least the eighth such fire in the Emirates alone, and similar blazes have struck major cities across the world, killing dozens of people, according to an Associated Press survey.

The reason, building and safety experts say, is the material used for the buildings’ sidings, called aluminum composite panel cladding. While types of cladding can be made with fire-resistant material, experts say those that have caught fire in Dubai and elsewhere weren’t designed to meet stricter safety standards and often were put onto buildings without any breaks to slow or halt a possible blaze.

How a common cladding turns skysrapers into death traps

edit on 14-6-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Expecting lot of deaths.

From the photos I've seen, it sure didn't look like the Fire Department was too determined to snuff it out.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Expecting lot of deaths.

From the photos I've seen, it sure didn't look like the Fire Department was too determined to snuff it out.

I'm sure they did their best, that cladding needs to be taken off the list of approved materials, someone has to pay for this. Class action lawsuit coming up. It's the only thing that will stop them from using it more and more.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
"refurbishment"
No smoke alarms!!!
they had complained for some time that it was a fire risk.
people should go to jail.
I think it was arson.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join