It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tower block on fire in London

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Pharyax

Apparently they have what are known as "GreenFreeze" refrigerators that use isobutane as refrigerant gas.

That the case - yup they'll explode or burn vigorously with a leak.

edit on 13-6-2017 by Phoenix because: sp

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

originally posted by: D8Tee
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Was his fridge full of dynamite? Not too often a fridge 'explodes'.

Am I the only one who finds this fire, in a building that is supposedly completely occupied by Muslim tenants, more than a little suspicious?

Any fire that consumes and entire building could be ruled suspicious. What is even more suspicious is the level the conditions had to reach before anything was done and then comes the question of the quality of the work done.

As we can all see there looks to be zero mitigation regarding the blaze. I can't speak to UK building standards but I'm sure that no measure of fire safety would not fly here in the US.

I kind of get where your coming from however, just curious is to how you got there based solely on "muslims living there."

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Im Literally in tears hear after watching some of the videos and hear witness accounts.

What fricken building doesn't have a fire suppression system in this day and age?

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

It does seem to more than a regular small apartment fire as the catalyst. Aren't the floors made of concrete in these type of structures?

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Am I the only one who finds this fire, in a building that is supposedly completely occupied by Muslim tenants, more than a little suspicious?

I kind of get where your coming from however, just curious is to how you got there based solely on "muslims living there."

News reports on Sky that repeatedly said "the residents" might have been up early for Ramadan, it's a Muslim area, the two tenants I've seen interviewed were clearly Muslim.

That building was clearly not sprinkler-equipped.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Read renovations completed recently included insulated exterior panels.

Wonder those were composite foam/plastic with thin metal or epoxy skin.

Those may have short fire resistant property but get some burning and it'd look much like seen.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
Im Literally in tears hear after watching some of the videos and hear witness accounts.

What fricken building doesn't have a fire suppression system in this day and age?

You're going to find out that this was public, or "council" housing.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

From my uneducated opinion, I would wager that exterior protection is not as imminently needed as interior. Being able to slow heat and flame from room to room would be the logical option. Nothing like that was mentioned in the list of renovations even though that is what was the concern.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Terrible scene...still watching the Sky News feed.
I feel so bad for those families.
No offense to our Brit friends, but the women reporters on Sky News are a little hard to listen to.
They keep repeating the same thing over and over.....the building is just a shell basically and they keep saying that the evacuation is still in progress.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

Kensington and Chelsea Tenant Management Organisation Limited (KCTMO) is responsible for the management of nearly 10,000 properties on behalf of the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea.

www.kctmo.org.uk...

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

News reports on Sky that repeatedly said "the residents" might have been up early for Ramadan, it's a Muslim area, the two tenants I've seen interviewed were clearly Muslim.

That building was clearly not sprinkler-equipped.

Photos of Grenfell Tower "Fun Day" 2016. Lots of beautiful people of color.
grenfellactiongroup.wordpress.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
My God....How horrible.
Thoughts and prayers to all involved.

This has been burning for about 4 hours now? This could still collapse.

So many questions, but they can wait till later......

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Thank you for highlighting the diversity of the tenants.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Reporter on the ground there on live feed saying a man is waving and talking to them from inside. He's pacing, drinking water, and seems strangely calm. He's trying to get people to let firefighters know he's there. I didn't hear which floor he's on. I can't believe people are still in there alive. Hopefully they can get to him.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
rise up one side like that i do'n't know maybe pouring a couple of five gallon cans of kerosene or gasolene down one side then lighting it?

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
BBC witness who happens to be a BBC worker who lives 400y away, Simon Jack (?), stated that there was gas works nearby and there had been advice given that in the event of a fire people were to remain in their homes until further advised.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I agree, local governments even here in states violate or ignore codes that private corporate owners are strictly held to, port authority NYC is/was great example.

Whatever they used on exterior was not fireproof and appears to have accelerated fire spread.

Commercial buildings I've run all had multiple exit, 1 hour rated stairs, 2 hour mechanical chases, 4 hour floor ratings and fully sprinklered, alarmed.

All backed up by emergency genset.

All of it designed to give time for evacuation.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix

Apparently they have what are known as "GreenFreeze" refrigerators that use isobutane as refrigerant gas.

That the case - yup they'll explode or burn vigorously with a leak.

Geesh, I wasn't aware of that. Lets use a flammable gas as a refrigerant in our houses...

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Fully engulfed, Let's see if it building 7s.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Someone on SKY just said that the new exterior cladding could have been what caused the fire to spread so devastatingly.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join