It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect patterns

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: NordeastRock
I can't find any mention of C-3PO's silver leg? I just discovered the whole topic of ME when I caught a video post on YT talking about C-3PO having a silver leg - which he does now in the original trilogy - silver right shin to be specific. I saw Star Wars when it came out in 1977. I was one of the original kid fanatics of the films - 3PO was all gold in the movies I saw as a kid - not a shadow of a doubt in my mind. This isn't a 3 second quote or misquote that goes by once in a film - this is him having a silver leg in every shot where you can see his lower right leg - that he never had in the movies I watched as a kid. If you haven't seen this one, and remember the movies as I do, it will blow your mind. I'd like to know how many people are experiencing this the same way I am, so I put up a 5 question poll on Google Docs, fill it out if you can and maybe we can quantify this phenomenon a little bit (and go watch the movies if the silver leg thing sounds funny to you and this is the first time you've seen it mentioned):

3PO's silver leg poll

If anyone wants to compare notes I posted more info about my background with the Star Wars films and what a freak I was for them as a kid in another thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

omg just did your poll notice correlation with age group and leg colour , I thought both was gold.

just to add I asked my son and my partner they thought both gold watched a clip and its one gold one silver
edit on 14-6-2017 by dingdongdoodah because: quick add

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I'm thinking its the, previously mentioned, switching realities after dieing being the cause of ME. I wonder what the numbers are with people experiencing ME that have had rendezvous' with death or actually flatlined and revived. Maybe a pattern could develop if those numbers were known.
edit on 14-6-2017 by wickd_waze because: ASU

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: wickd_waze
I'm thinking its the, previously mentioned, switching realities after dieing being the cause of ME. I wonder what the numbers are with people experiencing ME that have had rendezvous' with death or actually flatlined and revived. Maybe a pattern could develop if those numbers were known.

That's a good point!

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet
a reply to: AkontaDarkpaw
The teacher was featured quite a bit as I recall, leading up to the launch. Her students were watching, her parents, which made it all the more tragic. I had been following the news about her and it made me more interested in watching the launch. She was talked about more than the other astronauts, all about how she trained for it.
It was really something a teacher would get to go into space.

All my memories connect it to 1984 ( or earlier).

I was too young to remember the date...

For those of you interested in additional theories related to how the ME might be explained here's a link to an interesting blog. The theory posed here is "the awakening" and shifting realities due to simulations. Essentially we're living Sims

edit on 14-6-2017 by AkontaDarkpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Can any old hands here at ats explain to me how to create a poll? I did a search for it and came up with bupkiss.

Also is there a way to delete your own post? I haven't quite figured that out yet.

Thanks in advance!
edit on 14-6-2017 by AkontaDarkpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AkontaDarkpaw

originally posted by: wickd_waze

That's a good point! I should create a poll!

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

This may be true for 99% of cases... but there are things that present such great incongruity... Hitler's eye color for example... that there's no way a memory can simply be wrong.

It isn't just a small detail in his case like where prom was held 20-30 yrs ago or some shenanigan being misremembered. To me this would be like living in a universe where Obama was a white man and 9-11 never happened.

Hitler's eye color creeps me out because in school his rhetoric was made to be so incongruous with his appearance. Brown vs blue... he never had the blue eyes. If you remember him always having blue eyes, then there's no way you could understand. Perhaps this detail is so insignificant to you that brown or blue... meh doesn't matter. To me, a researcher who has always wondered how he could have such sway over the people with his ideas always fascinated me because of this incongruity.Granted there was much he talked about that had nothing to do with his eye color but it was this specific aspect that i latched onto.

Well, you got me on this because I actually thought Hitler's eyes were always brown and misinterpreted your previous post about it. I did some research and it makes perfect sense why I mis-remembered it and teachers incorrectly taught it. It's because virtually every picture or video we have of Hitler is black and white low definition. So you don't see Hitler's eye color and the truth is nobody really talked about it, so people assumed they were brown and included it with the propaganda about his brown hair. Color photos of Hitler are extremely rare, especially back when you and I were younger and there was no internet to easily fact check things. This is just another example of how it could easily be attributed to either faulty memories or being taught incorrectly as a child. Without the internet, we'd probably all still think his eyes were brown.

Even 3po's "silver" leg didn't really look silver in the low definition original movies, you only really notice it in the right lighting. There is a piece on that where the directors talk about how they used the "silver" leg because of reflection problems. It's not like it was bright silver either, just lighter than the others.

What am I genuinely curious about, is a large scale mandela effect that can't be explained like this. I'm looking for that 1%. Something major that has changed and the corresponding details. I've heard people say that cities have moved and stuff like that, but when I ask for exact details, coordinates or before and after I don't get answers. The eye color of somebody mostly portrayed in black and white pictures is something that could easily get misconstrued, and maybe even believed by the masses at the time. But as we know, popular belief doesn't indicate truth. There are tons of things I thought were facts until the internet research became a thing. People used to believe a LOT of myths as common every day facts. Where are the big examples? I've tried to do research on this, but big examples are hard to come by.

And yes, I love Star Trek as well. It definitely makes you wonder. And who knows, you could be right, there might indeed be more to it than faulty memory. But as of now, it's the best fitting explanation.
edit on 6 14 17 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

This may be true for 99% of cases... but there are things that present such great incongruity... Hitler's eye color for example... that there's no way a memory can simply be wrong.

It isn't just a small detail in his case like where prom was held 20-30 yrs ago or some shenanigan being misremembered. To me this would be like living in a universe where Obama was a white man and 9-11 never happened.

Hitler's eye color creeps me out because in school his rhetoric was made to be so incongruous with his appearance. Brown vs blue... he never had the blue eyes. If you remember him always having blue eyes, then there's no way you could understand. Perhaps this detail is so insignificant to you that brown or blue... meh doesn't matter. To me, a researcher who has always wondered how he could have such sway over the people with his ideas always fascinated me because of this incongruity.Granted there was much he talked about that had nothing to do with his eye color but it was this specific aspect that i latched onto.

Well, you got me on this because I actually thought Hitler's eyes were always brown and misinterpreted your previous post about it. I did some research and it makes perfect sense why I mis-remembered it and teachers incorrectly taught it. It's because virtually every picture or video we have of Hitler is black and white low definition. So you don't see Hitler's eye color and the truth is nobody really talked about it, so people assumed they were brown and included it with the propaganda about his brown hair. Color photos of Hitler are extremely rare, especially back when you and I were younger and there was no internet to easily fact check things. This is just another example of how it could easily be attributed to either faulty memories or being taught incorrectly as a child. Without the internet, we'd probably all still think his eyes were brown.

Even 3po's "silver" leg didn't really look silver in the low definition original movies, you only really notice it in the right lighting. There is a piece on that where the directors talk about how they used the "silver" leg because of reflection problems. It's not like it was bright silver either, just lighter than the others.

What am I genuinely curious about, is a large scale mandela effect that can't be explained like this. I'm looking for that 1%. Something major that has changed and the corresponding details. I've heard people say that cities have moved and stuff like that, but when I ask for exact details, coordinates or before and after I don't get answers. The eye color of somebody mostly portrayed in black and white pictures is something that could easily get misconstrued, and maybe even believed by the masses at the time. But as we know, popular belief doesn't indicate truth. There are tons of things I thought were facts until the internet research became a thing. People used to believe a LOT of myths as common every day facts. Where are the big examples? I've tried to do research on this, but big examples are hard to come by.

And yes, I love Star Trek as well. It definitely makes you wonder. And who knows, you could be right, there might indeed be more to it than faulty memory. But as of now, it's the best fitting explanation.

Thank you for your well thought out response. This is an angle i had never considered in regards to Hitler and this explanation certainly makes sense.

I must have forgotten that all our knowledge comes from old b&w photos or i'd never paid that any mind. Certainly something worth considering

C3PO makes sense on the big screen. Do you have any theories as to why the original books may have been a solid color for him? I'm asking because i'm genuinely interested.

I like the perspective that you bring to this discussion.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
This is not intended as proof of the Mandela Effect, but is an interesting theory nonetheless. Enjoy.
edit on 15-6-2017 by AkontaDarkpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
The Mandela effect is very interesting to me. Believers can't prove it, non believers can't prove it. They can say that our memories are wrong, but they can't prove anything. I can't either.

I clearly remember it being Bernstein bears. That was my beginning into the rabbit hole.

Not all of them sit well with me but I can't say that another person's perceived reality is wrong.

One of the other big ones is the position of South America. I never remember it being so far east. My husband, who made fun of me when I broached the topic of the ME, was gobsmacked when I showed him the map with South America. The first thing he said was.....that's wrong. Then I watched as I saw his discomfort. That same dreaded feeling you get when you discover your first ME.

I remember Shazam with Sinbad. I'm not confusing it with Shaq in Kazaam. I remember when Kazaam came out thinking, wow another genie movie....what a copycat thing to do.

People who haven't experienced it shouldn't bash those that have. Who knows what exists? Multiple timelines, merging timeline, even time travel. Maybe small things were changed. Big enough for them to see it has worked, but not big enough to change things dramatically.

I'm not sure what it is but I don't buy that everyone is having the same false memories. Not so many of us.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: proloz
I agree with your assessment of the location of South America. I don't remember it being so far east.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: abago71

Strange isn't it? It being so close to Africa is all wrong in my memories.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: proloz
One of the other big ones is the position of South America. I never remember it being so far east. My husband, who made fun of me when I broached the topic of the ME, was gobsmacked when I showed him the map with South America. The first thing he said was.....that's wrong. Then I watched as I saw his discomfort. That same dreaded feeling you get when you discover your first ME.

This one is explainable. The earth rotates on an axis, so it depends on how your globe is aligned. If the axis is tilted, then North America appears to be right above South America. If not, South America seems further east. Plus you also have to take into account the fact that older world maps were rectangular and flat in many cases which distorted the size of the continents a bit.

Look at this picture and see if it refreshes your memory.

People who haven't experienced it shouldn't bash those that have. Who knows what exists? Multiple timelines, merging timeline, even time travel. Maybe small things were changed. Big enough for them to see it has worked, but not big enough to change things dramatically.

I don't bash people who believe, I just look for rational explanations. I have experienced "MEs", but I attribute them to my memory.

Believers can't prove it, non believers can't prove it. They can say that our memories are wrong, but they can't prove anything. I can't either.

The big difference is that memory mistakes and transpositions is a proven thing. Alternate timelines and dimensions and stuff like that is hypothetical. Yeah, it's possible that there is more to it, but people force a lot of bad examples out there. I'd like to research more about big effects and the details involved.

edit on 6 16 17 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
just a quick add as I cant find it anywhere I remember the scene in inception with the mirrored doors very different I remember them stepping through each refection watched it recently she smashes the mirror and I was like eh?.... another one is the what if I told you every thing you see is a lie in the matrix altho I have seen quote for this. inception has me screwed atm.

looper also happened diff the first time I saw it . what I find fascinating is it was acult films changing before now its silly films like forrest gump and applo 13 , or risky business. what I want to know is why are we here ? if we have moved on to another timeline and not everyone ? I have stared making odd connections like back pain and suffering the Mandela effect and having childhood trauma and the Mandela effect, and Mandella is now Mandela wtf?

and the human anatomy changing.... if anyone has any input or answers to my questions feel free to P.M me. the only things that seem like logical theory's is that quantum fluctuation is behind it created by CERN playing with said god particle or the spiritual route of we didn't need to suffer anymore on original world avoiding WW3 so came here but its no better so doesn't make sense any input or views greatly received xoxox

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

The big difference is that memory mistakes and transpositions is a proven thing. Alternate timelines and dimensions and stuff like that is hypothetical. Yeah, it's possible that there is more to it, but people force a lot of bad examples out there. I'd like to research more about big effects and the details involved.

The problem is that when they get you to doubt everything you have always known to be true, then they can replace it with anything they want.

The success of them being able to merge us into a the connective, is for all of us to have a hive mind.

That is why you will find those already connected so violently opposed to anyone that does not think like them, or agree with them. It makes you a virus to the connective. A cancer that must be eliminated.

edit on 16-6-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   
proof of Nelson Mandela death 1991 scroll a bit and you'll see a book written in October of 1991 which clearly states that Manela died in prison.

For those looking for a BIG proof try human anatomy.

Here's a book that claims to expose who is behind the MEs and why.

What do you think ATS?
edit on 17-6-2017 by AkontaDarkpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: Barcs

The problem is that when they get you to doubt everything you have always known to be true, then they can replace it with anything they want.

The success of them being able to merge us into a the connective, is for all of us to have a hive mind.

That is why you will find those already connected so violently opposed to anyone that does not think like them, or agree with them. It makes you a virus to the connective. A cancer that must be eliminated.

Reminds me of lyrics from Sound of Silence.

"Don't you know that silence like a cancer grows?"

A bit off topic but hopefully an enjoyable ot

This has all the hallmarks of an experiment. 1) No one can definitively say it is or isn't happening.
2) Only certain groups are affected at any given time. 3) the MEs flip flop. 4) There are those that claim that a picture of a Cern scientist with Bond 1 and Mandela signs around his neck who just happens to be named Bernstein is proof positive that Cern is behind it. . Coincidence?
edit on 17-6-2017 by AkontaDarkpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   
An interesting observation by this prodigy who seems to agree that our world has been altered.
youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: whitewave
An interesting observation by this prodigy who seems to agree that our world has been altered.
youtu.be...

I'm glad you shared this
thanks!

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

How many of you who have experienced the MEs see 101, 111, 202, 222, 303, 313, 333, 1010, 1111, 1212, 1222, etc on a regular basis? You just happen to glance at a clock, a license plate, pay for something that randomly but constantly comes up to one of these?

Skeptics same question.

I am not asking for an explanation from either group but it would be interesting to see if this "coincidence" is involved

Ok, interesting, this has been happening to me years now. It has become a constant that I just shrug off. Started out it was always 3 numbers all day and even at night if I woke and glanced at a clock often it was 3.33.
Changed to be a 1 or 0 in the middle with 2 same numbers on the ends. If I awake at night I will see 3.03 or 3.13 these are most often. I have mentioned the continuity of it to Family and how odd it seems to me to be right on the dot when I glance at a clock. Sometimes for no reason, I just feel pulled to look at the clock and it happens every day and most night to early mornings.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join