It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect patterns

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Many people think ME is silly until they experience one for themselves. Haven't noticed a pattterm ... interesting though

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AkontaDarkpaw

originally posted by: RisenMessiah
a reply to: AkontaDarkpaw

Another possibility... We are only just becoming aware of this. And possibly due to the Human Mind having evolved to that place whereas before, only darkness. I understand there have been many great philosphists of our past who did obtain this. But for the majority having lagged behind are now being thrust into a new era.

Just a thought.

That's an interesting perspective. I wouldn't have thought of that. This is certainly reminiscent of Plato's allegory of the cave. Perhaps those witnessing the MEs and saying "hey... that's not right.." are the ones who are no longer interested in the shadows and interested in the light coming from the entrance. Perhaps we're the Neos watching the red woman...

The allegory of the cave is a good example of this. Plato was more aware than the average bear during his lifetime and was attempting to shake people awake on some level. It must have been painful during that era to have been so awake amongst the dead.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   

I don't know about anyone else, but I've been experiencing madela just writing in threads. Like, mistypes that weren't there an hour before. Simple yes, unusual? Highly. I don't miss much, and this i've become aware of in real time.

There's a 13yr old kid who is like super smart on YouTube who mentions this same phenomenon though maybe not quite in real time. He explains how this happens. He thinks Cern may have destroyed our universe and caused the slips. I can't say 's true but he mentions that he's been tracking the changes and even his notes will change from what he remembers writing down.

Some MEs fix themselves and this could be caused by the "original" dimension becoming dominant OR switching back.

While i think it may be a natural phenomenon, it could also be cern related.

Interesting, I've pondered on that for a while now. Cern is most secretive in their activities only showing us what they want us to 'see'. Something's amuck for sure, no doubt in my mind. Being highly analytical myself have mistyped in order to see if the opposite effect might occur, funny I know right?

Perhaps my Universe will remove all the scumbags and leave the decent people for me behind.

Now that would truly be awesome!

Yes it would be most definitely!

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet
Many people think ME is silly until they experience one for themselves. Haven't noticed a pattterm ... interesting though

This is quite true. Experience turns skeptics into believers lol. That's with anything.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: RisenMessiahThe allegory of the cave is a good example of this. Plato was more aware than the average bear during his lifetime and was attempting to shake people awake on some level. It must have been painful during that era to have been so awake amongst the dead.

I think this is true even today though i think there are more people awake than in Plato's day. His must have been a very solitary existence though he wasn't always alone as he managed to kick some out of hibernation.

Perhaps we can compare our day to groundhogs poking their head up and declaring spring has arrived vs those who decide it's not quite time for hibernation to end. Another 6 wks though these might represent yrs as opposed to wks.

edit on 13-6-2017 by AkontaDarkpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Does anyone know or can find out what happened to JFK's car?????
I do. This could be an ME.

Ockams's Shaver

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
How many of you who have experienced the MEs see 101, 111, 202, 222, 303, 313, 333, 1010, 1111, 1212, 1222, etc on a regular basis? You just happen to glance at a clock, a license plate, pay for something that randomly but constantly comes up to one of these?

Skeptics same question.

I am not asking for an explanation from either group but it would be interesting to see if this "coincidence" is involved

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: zrexx
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Does anyone know or can find out what happened to JFK's car?????
I do. This could be an ME.

Ockams's Shaver

Imo this probably is a ME though this one oscillates for me. I remember Mayor Connolly being in front of Kennedy but i always thought he was in the passenger seat...

I would be interested in this one as well. Simpson's did an episode which shows the 4 seater but that could be a stylistic choice though considering their penchant to stick to reality relatively closely it does make one question...

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I can certainly see that as a possibility. In fact, Sarah Palin is another which has changed. She made a comment which gave SNL cause to make fun of her but the interview has been altered or our perception of it so that the SNL scene doesn't make sense. She said you could see russia from her house or backyard but it's now that you can see it from alaska. The former statement was stupid and wrong while the current one is correct. The SNL skit no longer makes sense because they're parodying something that supposedly never happened.

You realize that Palin was governor of Alaska right? She didn't say that she could see Russia from her back yard. Regarding Russia, she said “They’re our next-door neighbors, and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska”. The media made fun of this because she used it to insinuate that she had foreign policy experience because Russia was close to Alaska. SNL made a parody of that statement which was the "I can see Russia from my backyard".

This is a perfect example of the type of stuff I'm talking about. There is a perfect explanation for mis-remembering this quote from Palin, because the SNL parodies were very good and popular, and people remember them over reality. You can look this up on snopes. Most MEs can also be broken down like this in the same exact way and many of them are on snopes as well.

Trust me, I used to buy into this, but people mis remember things, and that's just a fact of reality, regardless how strongly you believe your memory is right.
edit on 6 13 17 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

While i would agree with you on most points... Hitler always having blue eyes? No way... not in my textbooks... this was something i remember studying recently like within the last year... that's far too recent for a memory issue. Hitler has always fascinated me because he seemed to have such strong oratory skills AND the supermen were opposite of what he'd always been. He advocated blond hair and blue eyes yet he had neither.

Yep, the blue eyes thing is simply people not remembering properly. That was the big thing we were taught about Hitler. He was a hypocrite. He preached that blonde hair / blue eyes was the master race, yet had neither, as you said. Easy to chalk up to bad memory confusing Hitler's policies and Hitler's appearance.

[quote[C3PO is another because i grew up on star wars and the pop up book, action figures, and so on... He was a solid color. Updates maybe - Always been that way? No.

He IS a solid color except for one of his legs, and wirey midsection. I don't understand this one at all. He is pretty much all gold, but it's easy for a kid to not notice the few things that weren't exactly gold, plus the movies have been remastered since they were first released. Also keep in mind that comics, action figures, etc might not be an exact representation of the movie.

Scarecrow with a gun? No... wizard of oz was an obsession. I knew everything about the characters, the actors, hell i grew up in ks where it WAS their claim to fame... and i studied the movie and books in college for one of my lit courses and wrote a paper on it. I'm not old enough to forget that.

I forget things from a few months ago, so you are never too young to forget things. The scarecow always had the gun. That movie was made a LONG time ago, before seeing guns in kids shows or movies was a big deal. This is why people didn't remember. It wasn't a big deal. Nowadays people get up in arms over firearms being portrayed in kids shows so people suddenly notice things like that, but that's the way the movie always was. Remember they were all going to fight the jitterbug thing, the lion had a big bug catcher and there were other weird items in that scene. I don't buy for a second that it was altered.

Some things I'll concede but some are such a major part of my life and being that i can't just accept false memory as a solution. I don't have an answer yet but that doesn't mean that a logical explanation outside of false memory doesn't exist.

Memory is not infallible, no matter how much you want it to be. I discuss old memories with friends from 15-20 years ago, and everyone has a different version of them, despite claiming they remember it clearly. The brain doesn't work like a computer, memories fade over time and get mixed up with others.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I disagree. I THOUGHT I experienced one, but then looked it up and saw the rational reason for it and now realize that my memory is wrong and it all made sense how I remembered it wrong, but thinking deeply about it, it was ALWAYS that way. People just take this stuff religiously and act like their memory can't be wrong when they make errors.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

I can certainly see that as a possibility. In fact, Sarah Palin is another which has changed. She made a comment which gave SNL cause to make fun of her but the interview has been altered or our perception of it so that the SNL scene doesn't make sense. She said you could see russia from her house or backyard but it's now that you can see it from alaska. The former statement was stupid and wrong while the current one is correct. The SNL skit no longer makes sense because they're parodying something that supposedly never happened.

You realize that Palin was governor of Alaska right? She didn't say that she could see Russia from her back yard. Regarding Russia, she said “They’re our next-door neighbors, and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska”. The media made fun of this because she used it to insinuate that she had foreign policy experience because Russia was close to Alaska. SNL made a parody of that statement which was the "I can see Russia from my backyard".

This is a perfect example of the type of stuff I'm talking about. There is a perfect explanation for mis-remembering this quote from Palin, because the SNL parodies were very good and popular, and people remember them over reality. You can look this up on snopes. Most MEs can also be broken down like this in the same exact way and many of them are on snopes as well.

Trust me, I used to buy into this, but people mis remember things, and that's just a fact of reality, regardless how strongly you believe your memory is right.

I see
another case of popularity vs reality

I found a few of these to be the case when i was researching. I say "a few" only because there's many more i haven't researched.
edit on 13-6-2017 by AkontaDarkpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I disagree. I THOUGHT I experienced one, but then looked it up and saw the rational reason for it and now realize that my memory is wrong and it all made sense how I remembered it wrong, but thinking deeply about it, it was ALWAYS that way. People just take this stuff religiously and act like their memory can't be wrong when they make errors.

This may be because your experience was one with rational explanations. Not all of them can be explained away though a great many can be.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

While i would agree with you on most points... Hitler always having blue eyes? No way... not in my textbooks... this was something i remember studying recently like within the last year... that's far too recent for a memory issue. Hitler has always fascinated me because he seemed to have such strong oratory skills AND the supermen were opposite of what he'd always been. He advocated blond hair and blue eyes yet he had neither.

Yep, the blue eyes thing is simply people not remembering properly. That was the big thing we were taught about Hitler. He was a hypocrite. He preached that blonde hair / blue eyes was the master race, yet had neither, as you said. Easy to chalk up to bad memory confusing Hitler's policies and Hitler's appearance.

[quote[C3PO is another because i grew up on star wars and the pop up book, action figures, and so on... He was a solid color. Updates maybe - Always been that way? No.

He IS a solid color except for one of his legs, and wirey midsection. I don't understand this one at all. He is pretty much all gold, but it's easy for a kid to not notice the few things that weren't exactly gold, plus the movies have been remastered since they were first released. Also keep in mind that comics, action figures, etc might not be an exact representation of the movie.

Scarecrow with a gun? No... wizard of oz was an obsession. I knew everything about the characters, the actors, hell i grew up in ks where it WAS their claim to fame... and i studied the movie and books in college for one of my lit courses and wrote a paper on it. I'm not old enough to forget that.

I forget things from a few months ago, so you are never too young to forget things. The scarecow always had the gun. That movie was made a LONG time ago, before seeing guns in kids shows or movies was a big deal. This is why people didn't remember. It wasn't a big deal. Nowadays people get up in arms over firearms being portrayed in kids shows so people suddenly notice things like that, but that's the way the movie always was. Remember they were all going to fight the jitterbug thing, the lion had a big bug catcher and there were other weird items in that scene. I don't buy for a second that it was altered.

Some things I'll concede but some are such a major part of my life and being that i can't just accept false memory as a solution. I don't have an answer yet but that doesn't mean that a logical explanation outside of false memory doesn't exist.

Memory is not infallible, no matter how much you want it to be. I discuss old memories with friends from 15-20 years ago, and everyone has a different version of them, despite claiming they remember it clearly. The brain doesn't work like a computer, memories fade over time and get mixed up with others.

This may be true for 99% of cases... but there are things that present such great incongruity... Hitler's eye color for example... that there's no way a memory can simply be wrong.

It isn't just a small detail in his case like where prom was held 20-30 yrs ago or some shenanigan being misremembered. To me this would be like living in a universe where Obama was a white man and 9-11 never happened.

Hitler's eye color creeps me out because in school his rhetoric was made to be so incongruous with his appearance. Brown vs blue... he never had the blue eyes. If you remember him always having blue eyes, then there's no way you could understand. Perhaps this detail is so insignificant to you that brown or blue... meh doesn't matter. To me, a researcher who has always wondered how he could have such sway over the people with his ideas always fascinated me because of this incongruity.Granted there was much he talked about that had nothing to do with his eye color but it was this specific aspect that i latched onto.

I realize i'm not going to convince you that the ME exists... it won't happen anymore than i will be convinced that every ME is just faulty memory. Most ,sure, but not all. Some just create too much cognitive dissonance. For me there's a few of them. We'll have to agree to disagree.

Last night i was watching an episode of Star Trek.. it dealt with this exact issue and talked about something called "quantum flux" which according to the show exists at a molecular level in Worf during the episode and he was experiencing his own MEs.

While this is definitely sci fi.. it very well could explain the ME if quantum flux were real. After doing an analysis they figured out that Worf didn't belong in that universe. There were other things that were discussed which are part of known physics today either theoretical or fact based. I know HW uses a lot of reality mixed with fantasy but there very well could be a scientific or quantum explanation. When Worf was telling the crew about his memory lapses they didn't believe him because they all remembered things the way they "really" were as oposed to Worf's "faulty" memory. Only Counselor Troi, his wife, believed him until they looked into it further and discovered the quantum flux.

Galileo told everyone that the earth revolved around the sun and no one believed him either though we look back at his naysayers now and wonder how they were so backwards. Perhaps this is another scientific leap that just hasn't been disseminated yet.

Who knows

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
These 10 Commandments of logic are good to remember regardless of the topic. This is the first time i've come across them and thought that i'd share.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Well I do agree with you that people just remember things wrong. There's a lot of silly ones like the spelling of a name changed etc.

My main one that really boggles the mind is the challenger disaster in 1986. Fairly big event and I recall watching it LIVE on a 14 inch television in an apartment. Many other things are part of this memory, including all the jokes that came out, who said them etc etc . I lived in this apartment around 1984 or earlier. I moved out of there October "84. 1986 I was living in a house with a very big TV.

Now I'm not saying I am right and I was in another timeline, but that I'm really shocked I could have such a messsed up memory! Amazingly I'm not the only person with a false memory of this event.

I'm just stumped on this particular one for myself. I can see how others have accumulated a few and more easily believe in ME effect. Some do jump on things without further fact checking for a logical explanation.

edit on 13-6-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Well I do agree with you that people just remember things wrong. There's a lot of silly ones like the spelling of a name changed etc.

My main one that really boggles the mind is the challenger disaster in 1986. Fairly big event and I recall watching it LIVE on a 14 inch television in an apartment. Many other things are part of this memory, including all the jokes that came out, who said them etc etc . I lived in this apartment around 1984 or earlier. I moved out of there October "84. 1986 I was living in a house with a very big TV.

Now I'm not saying I am right and I was in another timeline, but that I'm really shocked I could have such a messsed up memory! Amazingly I'm not the only person with a false memory of this event.

I'm just stumped on this particular one for myself. I can see how others have accumulated a few and more easily believe in ME effect. Some do jump on things without further fact checking for a logical explanation.

I was in 5th grade when the Columbia had its accident which i forget the particulars of, but i remember my teacher using it as a segue into discussing the Challenger which killed everyone onboard including a teacher. We had a report project on it. I don't know exactly why i remember the Challenger but not the Columbia so much... i think because my mom is a teacher and i made that association.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   
The teacher was featured quite a bit as I recall, leading up to the launch. Her students were watching, her parents, which made it all the more tragic. I had been following the news about her and it made me more interested in watching the launch. She was talked about more than the other astronauts, all about how she trained for it.
It was really something a teacher would get to go into space.

All my memories connect it to 1984 ( or earlier).

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Time or what we believe is time, seems to speed up with age as i've always heard from others. It may just be all in our heads, seeing as time is nonexistant. Perhaps we've been pre-programmed already to experience this, and Mandella is like Megabyte on lithium and we're all just Dots Bobs and Enzo's trying to make it to the end game in a deadly attempt to avoid Hexadecimal while seeking Phong.
edit on 14-6-2017 by RisenMessiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I have heard claims that lyrics have changed in songs. Like Men Without Hats song Safety Dance, Queen's We are the Champions.

Brendan Urie from Panic at the Disco was asked about why his own lyrics changed and his response was "Hahaha I can't. That's some Berenstein/Berenstain # right there."
Link

I am doubtful about these claims. I wonder why only lyrics change? I have not experienced any songs changing keys, changing notes, chords or even phrasing.

Don't get me wrong, I want to believe in the ME.
Imagining that multiple dimensions are crossing over, CERN causing it, Niburu...whatever else that has been associated with this phenomena, is a lot of fun. It really sparks the imagination.

I have experienced it myself and a few instances have really boggled my mind. But, I just can't allow myself to buy in to this as anything other than memory issues.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join