It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Under The Coop

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Damla

Thank you for visiting Sir, I must delve deeper in to this. It is a rare bird that landed out side my tiny window one I do not know yet. Perhaps it will give me many hours of contemplation if it pleases to do so.
edit on 5-9-2018 by WalkInSilence because: pooh

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Aww Flowers, that is so sweet.

Especially from a ninja warrior. You don't do flowers I know that.
They did hit me on the head, but that is fine; I picked them up and put them in a safe place.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
A Cayman parrot, for no particular reason. To me, the parrots are the irresponsible party animals of the bird world. BTW, do you know what a collection of parrots is called? A Pandemonium. It's because two of them sound like six, and six of them sound like 20. 20 of them is REALLY loud and REALLY wonderful!!

ETA: This was a parrot on the breadfruit tree in our back yard.
edit on 5/9/18 by argentus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

Hmm. the place of all evil, pandemonium; ill sounding a cacophony, are you trying to tell me something?
I will concur, it creates a symphony when birds of any kind conglomerate, for those who have ears to hear.
What a lovely creature. Thank you.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I will just settle in here and watch the storm pass. All though what I think is just a storm may be a glacier that will take its time to travel across the lands. We shall see.
I will wait and watch. Should I be crushed, I will have at the least maintained my integrity and not bowed conformity.

posted on Sep, 7 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Au contraire, I like flowers just fine. Just not all of them. Rose, iris, poppy, tradescantia, monks-hood, cactus, snowdrops, lilies, water-lilies. Sorry about the aim, it's my eyes. They ain't so good any more. At least I was "close".

edit on 7/9/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I will try to remember not to send you any of the above mentioned. What is wrong with poppy's, they have so "many" virtues apart from being pretty?
Your aim was perfect, being clad in flowers isn't to bad. I wish you had shook the bees out of them though.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

No silly! The flowers listed are the ones I like! Bees are always good. Bees love roses.

posted on Sep, 9 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Thank you, you gave me a much a needed belly laugh.

I don't mind being the "fool".
Cheers

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: argentus

Awesome bird.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

i like bees.
there is a bee book.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Damla

An uncle used to keep bees (on his fathers farm). As a child I found it nothing less than fascinating (and scary when he put the protective suit on) and when you taste the bee vomit honey, it was the best honey I ever tasted. Local, fresh, pure. Seeing how it all worked was a bonus. He sometimes fed them (sugar dissolved in some water) in the winter, checked them, showed me how the hive was constructed and worked and showed me how they harvest the honey at the end.

I like bees.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

i think they wrote the bee book in a monastry or something. i forgot

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Hello lovely people,
Bees are wonderful, fascinating beings. There are two books that come up with the word "monk" in it, one is written by monks, another is part of the authors name. Some thing I will look into.

I cherish honey bees, where I live they are sadly subject to genocide by agriculture. They live in secluded pockets of "protected" lands amidst the vast deserts of giant crop fields and hideous well trimmed lawns. The crops are the most damaging but, our manicured lawns are barren waist-lands, unsuitable for almost any life form. Fungi, as mold or a transit system for flees planted by rabbits.

Bees. When I walk "my" refuge during their collection period, which lasts for months, they are oblivious to my presence, I can touch them, walk through their "pasture", I can sit down among them, and they will gently graze me but never once have I been stung, they are wonderful little beings.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

The last garden I had (10 years ago) I just let it go wild because I couldn't be bothered to keep it all neat and tidy. Previous renters had planted 3 trees and built a pond. After I let it go wild wildlife visited regularly. Dragonflies in the summer flying round the pond, bees, butterflies and, my favourite visitor, a sweet little hedgehog. (I used to feed it and wanted to buy a house for it to hibernate but that was not to be. Temporary housing beckoned.)

Hope all is well WIS.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Thank you Light, I am in a state of "in between". This song I encountered more than thirty years ago. It is a battle song and one of surrender to fate.

I wish we could tend our gardens forever. The gardens we have in our hearts.
edit on 12-9-2018 by WalkInSilence because: crap

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   

A tune of warriors, perhaps I should let it go before I shred apart the land and myself.

Should I perish in this infinate "webverse" I know I have maintained my integrity.
Damned be the polite police, I strech my arms, my wings, you can condemn me but you can not defeat me.

edit on 12-9-2018 by WalkInSilence because: crap

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   

A man/woman is truly defined by 2 things, words and actions. As we perambulate through this mortal plain and grow older, some things we begin to abhor. My bug-bear is dishonesty in all its forms. Some people do not understand this because they have not experienced enough of life to appreciate simple values, such as honesty and integrity.

You can take my honesty when you prise it from my cold, dead hands.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

A man/woman is truly defined by 2 things, words and actions. As we perambulate through this mortal plain and grow older, some things we begin to abhor.

My bug-bear is bitterness and meaness. I’ll take someone who fudges on the truth occasionally over someone that chooses to carry bitterness and revenge in their hearts... especially when it comes to trivial matters.

But that’s just the way I roll 😁
edit on 14-9-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

To each their own I guess. I prefer honesty in all its brutality above a lie, no matter how well meant. My memory is bad which makes it hard to lie and remember the lie.

My Dad told me (when I was an adult) that after I got past the age of 5 I never lied. If I did something wrong, I said it and suffered the consequences. I wasn't a particularly naughty child but if I had done something and he asked me if I had done it, I always said yes while looking him in the eye with my head held high.

There's a saying in Dutch: Eerlijkheid duurt het langst. (Honesty takes (the longest) time.) My (Dutch) neighbour has yet to learn this fact, he is 25. I think it might take him another few years but hopefully I won't be around when that happens.

ETA It was the summer of '76, hot. My bigger (twice my age and size) had been needling me all day just because he was bored. Long story short, I ran to the kitchen drawer and grabbed the vegetable knife my Mum used and chased after him. I wanted to stab him. As I was running after him (he was laughing all the way, enjoying every moment of attention safe in the knowledge I could never outrun him) I fell and stabbed myself in the knee. I had to hobble home bleeding and crying. Mum asked me what had happened so I told her.

"Why did you want to stab your brother???"

Let's just say that lead to quite the discussion at home. I was 5 years old.
edit on 14/9/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join